PDA

View Full Version : Eric Fehr = AHL All Star

Triton
01-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Former Brandon Wheatking standout Eric Fehr has not only been named to the AHL All Star game,he was named as a starter for team Canada.

Here are the rosters for Team Canada and Team Planet/USA:

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/06AllStar/2006/01/24/1409648.html

Triton
02-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Fehr still filling the net

By Ken Wiebe, Winnipeg Sun

Manitoba product Eric Fehr has thrived during his rookie season in Hershey.
WINNIPEG -- You'd never guess the biggest surprise Eric Fehr has encountered during his rookie season.

"It's the travel," said Fehr, a Winkler, Man., product who spent the past four seasons with the Brandon Wheat Kings of the Western Hockey League and is participating in the 2006 Rbk Hockey AHL All-Star Classic. "I thought it wouldn't be quite as bad for a guy coming out of Brandon, with all of the bus trips. But it hasn't been easy for us, that's for sure."

The one thing that has always come easily for Fehr is his work in the offensive zone.

Some wondered if his gift would translate into success at the professional level, but wonder no longer.

ROARING START

Fehr, the first-round pick (18th overall) of the Washington Capitals in the 2003 NHL entry draft, is off to a roaring start with the Hershey Bears in his first pro season, producing 21 goals and 44 points in 48 games to sit fourth among rookies.

"I didn't really know what to expect, but I'm happy so far," said Fehr, who made his NHL debut on Dec. 18 against the Florida Panthers. "I had a really good chance (to score) in the third period. The puck popped out to me in the slot, and I took a shot on (Roberto) Luongo, and it hit him in the upper shoulder."

Playing for head coach Bruce Boudreau has been a treat for Fehr.

"He's probably the ideal coach that I need," said Fehr. "He was an offensive player during his career and realizes how important it is to work on your defensive game as well. Offence has always come a little easier than defence, but if I want to make a career in the NHL I have to work on that part of the game