PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo's

Triton
01-26-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm planning on getting a tattoo,but am also curious as to what to expect?Can anyone share their experiences if you have any?I'm not sure what I want just yet but am planning on going whether it be here in PA or Saskatoon or somewhere else.

Sabes
01-26-2006, 04:56 PM
I heard there is someone in Wakaw that is a wicked tattoo artist.

Triton
01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
I heard there is someone in Wakaw that is a wicked tattoo artist.

Do you have a tattoo?Do you know that person's name?I heard someone say something about that person out there as well.Must be good if the word travelled.

Scout
01-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Yes i have a tattoo. What are you wondering about?

Scout

Dwight Schrute
01-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Do you have a tattoo?Do you know that person's name?I heard someone say something about that person out there as well.Must be good if the word travelled.
he is my friends cousin i cant remember his name though but he has people from all over western canada go there just to have it done by him

Triton
01-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Yes i have a tattoo. What are you wondering about?

Scout

Pain?Price?

langdak
01-27-2006, 02:31 AM
Pain?Price?

To be brutally honest.............pain will depend on how much of a wimp you are

dont take that the wrong way though........all depends on pain threshold and the other big one is the location on your body

mine is just below my neck, on my back (right on the bone), i almost fell asleep during mine, it took just under 3hrs to do

i went back for a touch up, and it hurt like a b*tch, but yet it is supposed to hurt less

they say that anywhere that is right on the bone, or where the skin is stretched (ankles etc) or anywhere that the sun doesnt usually see your skin (on the under part of your bicep) usually ends up hurting more then spots with a little meat on them

one thing i highly suggest, eat before you go and have a chocolate bar or something that contains sugar......also, make sure you breathe properly when getting it done, if you dont you might end up fainting

I know it sounds like a lot, it really isnt, the thing that annoyed me the most was the noise that the tattoo gun makes, its a wicked buzzing noise

As for pricing, it will all depend on where you go........some places charge by the piece, some charge by the hour...........mine was about $240 bucks but it is fairly detailed on the outline and there was a lot of filling in.

Also too, check out the cleanliness of the shop, you dont want to end up with some disease that might make your body parts fall off....:D

Ask the artist for references...any decent tattoo artist will jump at the chance to give you references, anybody who hesitates, walk out the door quicker then you walked in

And always remember, the posters and pictures on the wall are a guideline....be original with your artwork, you dont want something that 50 other people have

Scout
01-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Mine is on my forarms. I don't remember the cost as it was over 30 years ago. I remember the buzzing of the needle but it didn't bother me. When he was doing my tattoo i just remember it was like he was pulling the hair on my arm. It wasen't alot of pain for me and i have no regrets. It's kind of a funny story on mine. A buddy and i were in the bubbly. He laid a wager that i would never get a tattoo. Under the weather i took him up on his bet. We went to the tattoo parlor and i got an eagle swooping down with a banner in his beek. My buddy being more under the weather decided to show me up. He got a Boa constricter that wrapped around his whole arm. I look at my little tattoo and laugh about it as his was huge. Not sure if he has any regrets but i don't. If you don't do it you will always wish you did. The only think that bothered me was my arm swole up like a balloon but it did go down after a couple days.

Scout

Kristi
01-27-2006, 10:29 AM
It was $120 US. The guy was fantastic although he was a little worried I bled so much afterwards.

It is a little blurry. I will try and get a clearer picture of it tonight.

TheBrass
01-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Kristi........I love that piece!!!!

I have 3, most painful one was the first which is on the outside of my ankle and covers quite a few of the smaller bones in that area. The second is on my back (right above the bra strap) and while everyone told me that going over the spine was terribly painful, i honestly found that it got worse the closer the artist came to my shoulder blades. The third one is on my hip, and to be brutally honest, in such a fleshy area, i hardly knew i was having a tattoo done. Let's just say that a little cushion isn't always a bad thing :groovy:

Triton
01-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Kristi........I love that piece!!!!

I have 3, most painful one was the first which is on the outside of my ankle and covers quite a few of the smaller bones in that area. The second is on my back (right above the bra strap) and while everyone told me that going over the spine was terribly painful, i honestly found that it got worse the closer the artist came to my shoulder blades. The third one is on my hip, and to be brutally honest, in such a fleshy area, i hardly knew i was having a tattoo done. Let's just say that a little cushion isn't always a bad thing :groovy:

Cushion for the pushin! :laugh: I got some of that at home :thumb: .

Kristi
01-27-2006, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=TheBrass]Kristi........I love that piece!!!!
QUOTE]

Thank you! I actually used a giants tshirt as the jumping off point for the artist to create it! :)

J23
01-27-2006, 04:39 PM
I've got 3 tattoos (one on my lower back and 2 just below/around my ankle bone). The one on my back is a fair size and it didn't really hurt too bad, but the ones on my foot were super painful.

The pain factor definately depends on where you're tattooing, your butt is the least painful (apparently) because it is the most, ahem, fleshy (for lack of a better term :) ).

Most tattoo shops will charge you a minimum dollar amount, even if you chicken out and only manage to get a few dots of ink. A tattoo artist should be able to show you all of his/her properly sterilized equipment (including brand new needles for every sitting!!). Cleanliness is obviously the most important thing!

If you have any doubts AT ALL, leave the shop... your tattoos are there forever and you'd like to be able to live long enough to enjoy them without dying from some nasty-ness you contracted from the shop (alright, that may be a little dramatic! :rolleyes: ), but the point is this: do your homework about the shops you're considering and don't get inked until you're absolutely sure everything is 100% okay.

The stupid gun sound is annoying, but just remind yourself that you're going to end up with a tattoo at the end of it and that's worth it!