PDA

View Full Version : Team Canada defense, who's next?

Jovorock
01-27-2006, 09:02 AM
With it looking like Jovo, McCabe and maybe Neidermeyer all might be out who it the next to get the call to represent our Country?

Triton
01-27-2006, 09:43 AM
With it looking like Jovo, McCabe and maybe Neidermeyer all might be out who it the next to get the call to represent our Country?

No offence but you butchered Jay's name up there..LOL.

Jay Bouwmeester.

Tiger Trauma
01-27-2006, 08:42 PM
He also messed up phaneufs name

Beaner
01-27-2006, 08:47 PM
I would take Phaneuf, but I think Gretzky will take an older player.

Jovorock
01-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Sorry I did the poll fast and screwed up.

The only way I would take Phaneuf is on the taxi squad. All the other three have played at a higher level or stanley cup experience. Dion has only NHL or Memorial Cup experience (as a 16 yr old) thats it.

Hannan and Bouwmeester have alot more experience and deserve the oportunity this time.

boyle and McCabe are offensive d-man and are suspect defensively, Canada doesn't need points from the point, they need to stop the puck.

I would take Hannan first then Bouwmeester, then Boyle or Phaneuf.

Beaner
01-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Dion also has the World Junior experiences as well, don't forget, but I agree with your points nonetheless.

Anyway I take Bouwmeester first.

WHEATMAN
01-28-2006, 02:05 PM
I'd take Phaneuf. He is the total package and is playing as good as any defenceman in the league. His only flaw is his experience (if that can be considered a flaw) We already have experience on the back end, and i would take him over hannan and bouwmeester as i think they have under preformed this year. I hope Phaneuf gets it, he is the total package