PDA

View Full Version : Giants 5 @ ICE 1 Jan 27th

Beaner
01-27-2006, 10:49 PM
A dominating performance by the Giants tonight vs. the ICE, as the ICE came out flat to start the game and stayed that way all game long. ICE got an early goal against the flow of the play, but the Giants just stuck with their game plan, and got 2 goals to close out the first period and never looked back. An allright start to the 2nd for the ICE, but once again the Giants just kept going and ended up outshooting/outscoring the ICE again in the 2nd. 3rd period the ICE came out flat, and once goal #4 went in you could tell the ICE had just packed it in for the night, which the Giants were happy to just go thru the motions with the ICE for the rest of the third. A game to forget for Kootenay, but full props to Vancouver who played great and just shut down Kootenay all night long.

NOTES
Slade and Dakers got the starts tonight
Mikkelson (Knee), Fistric (Ankle), Hunt were the Giants scratches
** Parker and Molle were also listed as scratches but I beleive they have both been returned to their other clubs.
Shots 40-19 Giants
PP Giants 2/4, ICE 0/3

GOALS
1. KTN Bailey, (6) (Psurny-M, Kurceba), 6:38 A goal against the flow, the shot from the point comes in and Bailey skating thru the crease deflects it up and over Slade.
1. VAN Bartley, (23) (Albers, Kraus), 14:27Kraus breaking in, passes to Albers down the side and he fires a cross crease pass that Bartley deflects in front of the net past Dakers
1. VAN Brule, (5) (Lamb, Bliznak), 19:04 (PP)Lamb from behind the net gets the pass to Brule in the hash marks, and he buries it.
2. VAN Bartley, (24) (Franson), 12:21 (PP) Bartley takes a shot, rebound back to him gets to Franson fires a shot off the post rebound again to Bartley and he puts it into the net, as it gets knocked off by a diving ICE player.** The ICE protested for a bit but not for long as the net was clearly off before the puck went in, but it was clearly an ICE player who knocked it off.
3. VAN Repik, (21) (Kraus, Bartley), 5:19 2-1 for Kraus and Repik, and Kraus gets the pass to Repik in the slot who deflectes it into the net after the ICE dman let him go.
3. VAN Brule, (6) (Festerling, Franson), 13:59 Another 2-1, Drakers is playing the Pass all the way, and Brule instead fires a shot that beats him 5-hole.

FISTICUFFS
LUCIC vs. WELSH
With 4 seconds left after a faceoff they decide to have a go. Lucic stands in front of his net waiting for Welsh to come to him. Eventually Welsh comes in, they grab on and Lucic just hammers him repeatedly until Welsh finally drops down to his knees, and Lucic backs off as the linesman step in. WIN: LUCIC

MACHACEK vs. BAILEY
At the end of the game, they decide to have a go, drop the gear get in close, and Bailey gets the surprise of his life as Machacek is a lefty. Machacek catches him with numerous lefts, they tie up a bit more then tumble to the ice. WIN: MACHACEK

OFFICIATING
Pat Smith was the ref tonight and I guess he did allright, but I think he missed quite a few obvious calls again tonight.

Is it just me or are the Refs starting to let a LOT more go lately. The way things are heading IMO, we could be to no Ref's period soon, as they arent calling anything. How Bartley didnt get a penalty when he had no stick and then tackled an ICE player I am still trying to figure out.

There were others by both sides, but I guess the only good thing you could say is he didn't call much against anyone

INTERNET FEED
Camera was good and the Radio guys were good as well. However, there was a lot of static on the radio feed, maybe its time to change the Tinfoil on the transmitor?

OVERALL
The Giants came to play tonight and the ICE didn't. I think thats the best way to put this game tonight. Great job from the Giants, they just simply out-worked, out-hit and and were the better team tonight, there is no doubt about that. ICE just had one of the games where you just burn the game tape and get ready for the next one tomorrow.

Very nice to see this kind of effort from the Giants after the disappointing game against Spokane the other night. This is not the ICE team I expected to see, I can expect a much better effort from them in the next match.

SAVE OF THE NIGHT
Not sure who shot the puck, I think it was Lee for the ICE, but he fires a backhand at a wide open net that is sure to go in, but Albers makes a flying dive front of the net and the puck somehow managed to stay out. Amazing play by Albers to just go for it and get the save. I thought that puck was in for sure.

3 STARS
1. VAN - 19 Mitch Bartley
2. VAN - 6 Cody Franson
3. VAN - 17 Gilbert Brule