PDA

View Full Version : Magic number = 1

RunTheGoalie
01-27-2006, 11:12 PM
After a shaky win tonight, the Hitmen need just one more point, or one lost point by Red Deer to officially clinch a playoff spot for the 9th consecutive season. The best Red Deer can do is 75 points, which is where we sit now.

Very disapointed that the Hitmen took the 2nd period off, allowing Brandon back into this game, but very happy that they overcame a fired up Wheat Kings and an incredibly incompetent referee to pull out the win. Hopefully the Hitmen play smarter tomorrow, and clinch this playoff spot with a 60 mintue effort rather than another 40 minute effort.

patsdude114
01-28-2006, 04:40 PM
doesnt that get to you when a team as good as Calgary takes a period (or 2 off) and lets the so called weaker team to stick around in the game longer then they nomorally should....i hate it when the pats let a team Red Deer hang around in the game to make the game closer then it should.... some teams look so good on paper and when they play a team that on paper has no business being in the game makes u shake your head...i guess thats why they play the games and not choose a winner from how it looks on paper

Good Luck Hitmen for the reminder of the season

Triton
01-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Brandon is better than they are given credit for.Although their record indicates that they don't belong with the upper teams,most of those losses came at the beginning when the team was in shambles.Now this team has gained confidence and is playing some very good hockey.Teams still take us for granted..but oh well,we could turn some heads before the season's done.We do however have a decent record for a team in a rebuilding stage..only 5 games under .500,but I bet you that we will be over that when the season ends.

RunTheGoalie
01-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Brandon is a good team, but Calgary should have buried them last night. Up 2-0, we missed two very easy passes that would have made it 4-0. A lot of stupid and lazy passes up the middle (I mean you Carson) ultimately led to Brandon's first goal, and from there, Calgary had to fight tooth and nail for that win. Full credit to Brandon for taking advantage of their opportunities though.

McLean is doing his best to replace Herman as the worst referee in the league though. I have no idea how he can not see the Hitmen player get crosschecked into the net as Calgary scored what should have been their third goal. That is either a goal, if the net was still on it's pegs, or a penalty shot, if it wasnt. Instead, McLean rules no goal, no penalty, and the play comes out of the zone. Just about the worst call I have seen a referee make in years. Thankfully, it ultimately did not matter.

The_Vulk
01-29-2006, 09:22 AM
WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!

A great crowd last night on Bobblehead night (just under 13,000).

The next 'magic number(s)' will be for the Divisional and President's Title for the regular season champs! But boy those Tigers are sure going to be clawing at us all the way. (Makes for a more exciting having such a race.)

RunTheGoalie
01-30-2006, 07:19 PM
We're going to find out just what this team is made of in the next month, with only four home games in our next 14.