PDA

View Full Version : will Price avoid another suspension?

Tipped Off
01-28-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm just being a reporter here, I didn;t see it so I can't comment on it. Radio guys on the post game show said when price was pulled after giving up the 5th goal tonight he speared a fan with his stick. To be fair to Price, radio guys didn't know if it was instigated or what happened to cause it. Ref didn't see it, security guard did & he talked with the coaching staff after the fact. If cameras didn't catch it I doubt anything can be done, but could have been a blow To Tri if anyone did catch it.

Did the Ams radio guys see/say anything about this?

HAF
01-28-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm sure Constantine is diligently trying to dig something up to send in to the powers that be.
I wasnt there, dont know anything about it but that definately WOULD be out of character for Carey Price. If the league goes by the word of some $8 an hour rent a cop then this league is doomed.

Tipped Off
01-28-2006, 12:50 AM
I am only going on the heresay of the announcers. In my seat when it happened, the guy in front of me, who listes to the broadcast on his headset, turned to me and told me about it. He said the announcers saw it & were talking about it as it happened. As I drove home someone called the Post game show and asked about it (must have seen it or heard about it as well) and the guys basically just said Price speared some guy with a bright yellow alternate Boston Bruins jersey on. They also said, "to Price's credit, he realized what was ahppening and just turned around and got back to watching the game and let security handle it instead of getting further involved." To me, it sounds instigated by the fan...I'm sure we'll never really know.

As for KC, He definately takes every advantage he can and, if any tape does exhist, I'm sure we'll be sending in another $500 for review...lol.

rezstyle
01-28-2006, 02:14 AM
you know, 9 times out of 10 I'd say the fan started it. We (fans) portray these players to be above the standards we set for oursevles. I see this in sports over and over, not just hockey. It's like we have a free ticket to bash whichever sports star and think we can get away with it because they are suppose to act a certain way. Given the situation, if I was Price, I'd be pissed giving up that many goals.......and what better to get my emotions going, but some dumb ass fan yappin his mouth.

Man, I hate to say it, but I'd hate to be an athlete in that level. Obviously I never made it to that level because I'm here chatting about it, but honestly...........just leave the damn man alone.

Brad
01-28-2006, 11:39 AM
The last time Price got suspended following an Everett game, Pickard whitewashed the Chiefs.

Sounds to me like the $8 rent a cop wasn't doing his job. If the fan was in a place where he could get smacked then the security should have been over there immediately.

Feels to me like this series is about to boil over again. Looks like the makings of a line brawl.

http://images.costcophotocenter.com/345%3B699923232%7Ffp6%3Enu%3D3235%3E794%3E955%3EWS NRCG%3D323249825%3A945nu0mrj

ihlemic10
01-28-2006, 12:21 PM
With the way KC is running our team, there will not be a line brawl. The talk is after a fight he warns the player not to do it again. Don't know how accurate that is but it seems correct as the fights are getting more rare every game....

Tipped Off
01-28-2006, 02:03 PM
I was surprised the AMS didn't try to "Send a message" toward the end of that game. If things stay the same these two teams are meeting in the 1st round of the playoffs....although Portland is doing their best to catch the AMS going backward. I would think after taking an 8-1 and 6-1 loss in everett the ams would have wanted to let the Tips know they'll be back.