PDA

View Full Version : BC Division Standings. Do they tell the story?

Teaps
01-29-2006, 02:38 AM
Kootenay doesn't play many games against BC Division Teams, and got the crap beat out of them on 2 occasions back to back, badly, by 2 divisional rivals. Does where they stand in the BC Divisional standings show how they play against a Weaker Central division? or how thy play against their own division. Really toots my horn how 1 team can lead 1 division yet barely ever play the teams in that very division they lead. If Kootenay plays more games against the BC Teams, they are in 3rd place.........IMO :confused:

Beaner
01-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Maybe they are in third place maybe not. 2 Games hardly tells the story, or is enough to base a conclusion that they would be in third if they played more against their own Division.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the fact that Kootenay plays the Central more than the BC, but I have resigned myself to the fact that that is the way it is, and it isnt going to change any time soon.

In fact if Edmonton gets a team, it may never change.

fightstrap50
01-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Being an Ice fan and being at every game this season so far, I have to coment a little. The games over the weekend in my opinion show little value when assesing the BC division rivals. The Ice plain and simple were not the team that we watched playing up untill a couple weeks ago. For some reason they have lost a bit of cohesiveness in the way they play together so well. There is way to much depth and to many guys here that love shooting the puck to be getting 15 to 25 shots a night while the D is strugling to keep the shots against below 40. This will all come back to them how to get it going and rip it up again. Once they get into their fast skating and constant hitting game they dominate teams like nothing but they are not doing it at all. They came out hitting lots last night and had the better of chances against the rockets right up untill the short handed give away for Kellers break away goal. Thats when they packed it up it seemed.

The Giants and Rockets have had slumps all year here and there so far, the Rockets had a bad start and are used to playing through it, where the Ice have been ripping teams up at home(22-1-0-1 at one point) for so long and bad(13-13-0) on the road for so long and are now having trouble more at both. There is a shot problem and a confidence problem right now and they just packed it in in both games after a couple goals, This is not the same team that beat Kelowna a few weeks ago, this was the Ice team that lost in Red Deer with a poor showing and havent got it back on track.

I was actually looking so forward to these games this weekend as I truely do know we have the team to make them both very competitive games and maybe even a couple wins or a split. I feel sorry for the guys losing a couple games like that and they all know they can do better, the fans all know it too and I for one am still confident in the team we have to come out on top again. But some times teams need a good wuppin for a wake up call.

No worrys, next game will be better with a week off to work on a lot of things and build on to get back on track.

GO ICE GO!!!

Jovorock
01-29-2006, 01:12 PM
The BC division is very tight Rockets are 7 pts out of first with 5 games in hand. Also the Rockets are 4 pts out of fourth place or 8 pts our of last place, pretty tight division.

Rank B.C. Division GP W L OTL SL PTS PCT GF GA STK P10 PIM
1 Kootenay Ice 53 34 17 0 2 70 0.660 171 138 0-3-0-0 4-6-0-0 1012
2 Vancouver Giants 50 32 13 0 5 69 0.690 176 109 1-0-0-0 5-4-0-1 1106
3 Kelowna Rockets 48 30 15 1 2 63 0.656 171 136 2-0-0-0 6-3-0-1 1008
4 Prince George Cougars 50 28 19 0 3 59 0.590 140 125 1-0-0-0 7-3-0-0 1026
5 Kamloops Blazers 53 25 23 2 3 55 0.519 122 141 0-1-0-0 5-4-1-0

rinkrat
01-29-2006, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't read too much into a couple losses.It has happened to the Giants and Rockets too.Everett comes to mind for the Giants.
The Ice have a tough schedule coming up,two games vs the Giants,two games vs the Hitmen,one against the Rockets and one against the Tigers.

Beaner
01-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Probably my biggest problem with the ICE schedule is the fact that they dont play the BC Division at the end of the year, when points mean so much. 2 games out of their last 10 inside the BC Division. 6 out of 10 inside the conference.

If they are going to continue playing the unbalanced schedule compared to the rest of the Western Conference, then I would like to see them have more games at the end of the year, against BC and US based teams, when teams are fighting for playoff seedings.

The last 10 games of the year for the ICE should all be against Western Conference teams. The ICE should play at least each BC division team at least once in those final 10 games.

Teaps
01-30-2006, 03:24 PM
Not to mention...Kootenay only had 6 divisional games in the year of 2005 this season

RunTheGoalie
01-30-2006, 07:38 PM
While you might find it easy to blame the Ice's record on playing the Central division, the truth is, that doesnt help your argument like you might expect.

Against the bottom three teams in the Central, Kootenay is only 5-4. Against the two best teams in the league they are 5-2-1 though.

Only 5-7 vs the BC division.

Want to know why Kootenay is battling for the top of their division?

6-3-1 vs the East Division

and 12-1-0 against the US division.