PDA

View Full Version : 3 in a Row

WHL Rules
01-29-2006, 05:42 AM
The Rebels win their third game in a row, making it the longest winning streak of the season. :clap:
They are now 4 points behind a play off spot, with S.C. having 2 games in hand (today in M.J. and Tuesday against Calgary).

SectionNDeserter
01-29-2006, 12:31 PM
The Rebels win their third game in a row, making it the longest winning streak of the season. :clap:
They are now 4 points behind a play off spot, with S.C. having 2 games in hand (today in M.J. and Tuesday against Calgary).It was really nice to see Scott finally put one up, he works so hard out there, especially on the pk. Chapman had a bit of an off game, but his defensive partner Berube elevated his game to cover for him a few times, and looked fantastic. I have also noticed that a few of the players, particularly ones that play a similar style to Ted Vandermeer, have really picked up their game since his return. Guys like Cunning, Gillies, and Lamoureux have been leading the team out there the last few games. Gillies' skating has greatly improved since the start of the season, it is to the point now where it doesn't affect his game. Lepp played an outstanding game, in his prior outings he has done enough to keep the Rebels in the game, but I have to say that in this game he absolutely robbed a few of the Brandon players outright. I was really not impressed by Ryan Reaves or Andrew Clark. Reaves gave Vandermeer a crosscheck to the back of the head while he was laying in the crease against hte post, and gave Sutter a pretty nice two-hander at center ice, and when Lamoureaux inquired about a scrap, he didn't want any part of it--totally gutless player. And Andrew Clark came flying at Mihalik about 2 feet off the ground with a charge, then butt-ended him and then elbowed him while they were battling for the puck, with no penalty (probably because he is a buck and a half), and then Mihalik pushed him and got a roughing penalty. Excellent work by the officials as always :thumb:.

grainbear
01-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Come on Red Deer , keep up the good work with a couple of ex hurricanes on your team how can us boys from down south not hope for you.

Rebels30
01-29-2006, 06:41 PM
I still have 100% faith in the rebels making the playoffs. Just got to keep playing the way they have been and hopfully the Broncos lose.
*only 4 points* :thumb:

Rebels4
01-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Wow. The Rebels won last night :clap: i love them soo much!!

Rebrevs
01-29-2006, 11:36 PM
It is amazing what a trade can do. The Lepp/Leslie and Henry/Hansen trade seemed pretty nonexciting.... at first. Lepp is doing the job and the boys seem to play with confidence in front of him. If he was struggling in Moose Jaw, he hasn't show that struggle here. Henry has picked it up big time since his debut game with multiple trips to the penalty box. The line of Cunning, Vandemeer and Knackstead is MOVING THE PUCK!!!....and getting great results for their efforts. Sutter, Sutter and Petkau are steady. I really like Scott right now. He is hustling. I appreciate Gillies' attempt to throw his weight around. It definitely works in our favor. I'm also liking the fourth line and their willingness to bang. Atta boy Frere!! Its going to be an interesting end to the season.