PDA

View Full Version : Fistric maybe ready for practice on Wednesday

N.W. Bruin
01-30-2006, 02:25 PM
The Vancouver Province reported that the injury according to Mark who is in Edmonton is pretty well healed. He thought he maybe ready for practice this week.

N.W. Bruin
01-30-2006, 02:27 PM
G-men take over lead in tough B.C. Division
Giants 4 Americans 0
Article Tools
Printer friendly
Font: * * * * Steve Ewen, The Province
Published: Monday, January 30, 2006
Mark Fistric gave some good news Sunday afternoon and then got some Sunday night.

The Vancouver Giants captain said from his family's home in Edmonton that the broken bone in his right ankle had healed sufficiently for him to try skating early this week and possibly return to practice by Wednesday.

On Sunday night, the Giants wrapped up their four-game road trip by beating the Tri-City Americans 4-0 at the Toyota Center in Kennewick, Wash.

The victory pushed the Giants (33-13-0-5) past the idle Kootenay Ice (34-17-0-2) into first place in the B.C. Division, despite also having two games in hand.

Fistric, Vancouver's top defenceman, has been out since blocking a shot against the Everett Silvertips on Jan. 14. The initial prognosis had him out four weeks, although Fistric predicted that it would be no more than three.

"I want to try it and we'll take it from there," said Fistric, 19.

"I had that walking boot on, but I've taken it off and I'm walking around without it and I feel really good."

The Giants scored three shorthanded goals on Sunday night, with Kyle Lamb, Paul Albers and Mario Bliznak tallying on the penalty kill.

Albers, who set up Lamb's breakaway marker, finished the game a plus-four. He's been playing extra minutes since Fistric and fellow blueliner Brendan Mikkelson (knee) were hurt a couple of weeks ago.

Mitch Bartley opened the scoring with his team-leading 25th goal of the season.

Rookie netminder Tyson Sexsmith recorded his first-ever WHL shutout, making 22 stops. He was particularly solid in the second period, when Vancouver was outshot 14-8.

Centre Tim Kraus left the game with a suspected concussion after colliding with Americans winger Keith Voytechek in first period.

steve.ewen@gmail.com

© The Vancouver Province 2006

GF71
01-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Thanks for posting the article...this is good news!!!

Beaner
01-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Fantastic news, thanks much NWBruin.

Knuckles Muldoon
01-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Take a a little more time, Fisty. The team is playing well and there's no reason for the big guy to feel like he needs to rush back in. A little caution will go a long way here.