PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Dawes Update For you Guys

Icemancmd
01-30-2006, 11:54 PM
Hey guys, just want to give you guys an update on how he's been.

I've watched him about a dozen times in the AHL this season and WOW! He is the most gifted offensive player on the team, he's been a great suprise, most Ranger fans if had to give him 1 knock would say "I don't know how well he will play with at the Pro level because of his size" but he has proved us all wrong.

He is great with the puck, and when he gets the puck on his stick he seems to be able to fly without losing control of the puck (he's one of those players that when he has the puck skates faster the normal). His stickhandling skills have been amazing this season as well, and he is not afraid to get hit OR dish out a few hits a game. He is always coming back to the defensive end as well to help on the back check (big reason why he leads the team in +/- with a +14 I believe). And the one thing that has to be said...his dangerous shot, hes got 22 goals as a rookie already! (more goals then WHL scoring leader Eric Fehr last season in the WHL) That is 3rd best among rookies. He is also tied on the team with 40 points (in only 47 games), that is good enough for 7th among rookies.

When a winger goes down with an injury, Dawes should definitly be getting his first NHL callup. If all goes well, he could be a regular player next season(though there is no rush at all...only 20 years old)

Just thought u'd guys would like to know.

BTW, hopefully Ryan Russell (another NYR Draft Pick) will turn out like Dawes did.

;)

icefan
01-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the up date, it would be so neat to see him playing for the New York Rangers, so I could watch him on T.V. I can't even listen to the games he plays, but I always check the scoring the next day. I don't have satellite and still do not know why I can't listen to the games. I have tried everything.
Glass is not doing to bad either.

fightstrap50
02-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Great to see Dawes excelling at a higher level. I know he'll make the show one day with the quality hockey sense he has. Way to go Nigel!

He really was something else to watch wasn't he?

GO ICE GO!!!