PDA

View Full Version : Credit Union Centre Scoreclock Finally "Upgraded"

Billy Blade
02-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Well, the much anticipated new scoreclock over last summer turned out to be a bit of a flop in the eyes of most fans. The four large 8' by 12' screens were so blurry and unwatchable fans had to suffer through what was called a "manufacturers defect" for over half of the season. Tonight when the Blades take on the Prince Albert Raiders, it will also be the long-awaited debut of the "upgraded" screens.

The picture quality is a night and day improvement, but the size of the screens was actually reduced to be 7' by 9'. The original cost of the clock was about $600,000 and the undisclosed cost of the screen upgrade is being shared by the Blades and Credit Union Centre. “We are paying an upgrade fee . . . but it’s a significantly reduced upgrade fee (because of problems with the previous screens),” said Blades marketing director Mike Jenkins.

Hopefully the attendance will be good for this possible first-round playoff matchup between the two rivals. The large amount of snowfall we are receiving today might prove to be a bit of a spoiler with the Saskatoon region now expecting 20 centimeters or more over the next 24 hours. :eek:

The new clock:
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/clock.html

Rebels_chick
02-13-2005, 09:06 PM
It's about time they fixed that. I got to see it for the first time last night at the Lethbridge game. It looks sooooo much better than the last one. That was just brutal!

Billy Blade
02-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Agreed. I'm not even that impressed with the new screens they have in there to be honest. The clock as a whole has been a real big disappointment to me with how much they hyped it up and spent on it.

Rebels_chick
02-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I know, it still could be a lot better. But at least you can see the replays and such on the screen now better. Before it was just a mess.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-14-2005, 09:03 PM
because me and my friend(who is also a very big fan of the Blades) who have been attending games all season long and have been very frustrated with results of the new clock, but now that it is fixed we are happy( i will ask him to join this chat forum to talk about OUR TEAM