PDA

View Full Version : Lepp recieves honor

Triton
01-31-2006, 09:27 AM
Toronto - The Canadian Hockey League today announced that Red Deer Rebels goaltender Josh Lepp is the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Week for the week ending Sunday January 29 after picking up three wins last week.

Lepp, a 20-year-old native of Dalemy, Saskatchewan, posted a goals against average of 1.33 and a save percentage of .958 last week. Josh started off the week with an impressive 3-1 win over the Kootenay Ice, the number 9 ranked team in the CHL Top Ten, where he stopped 29 of 30 shots. Lepp followed that up with a 26 save performance in a 4-2 win over the visiting Portland Winter Hawks. He finished off the week by stopping 36 of the 37 shots he faced in a 2-1 win over the Brandon Wheat Kings. Lepp helped the Rebels move within four points of the Swift Current Broncos for the final playoff spot in the WHL Central Division.

Each week during the regular season, the CHL will recognize the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Week and will present the ADT CHL Goaltender of the Year Award to the CHL's top netminder at the conclusion of the 2005-06 season.

www.whl.ca

frontrow fan
01-31-2006, 04:41 PM
I was really impressed listening to Josh Lepp the other nite when he did the postgame chat with Andrew and Mike. He was so very well spoken, didn't seem nervous, and just sounded awesome. I haven't had the chance to meet him in person, but was really impressed with him on the radio that nite, and again with the way he was on saturday nite, at the post-game skate.
There was this one little girl, couldn't hardly stand on her skates, (which were about 3 sizes too big for her) but she went skooching over towards Lepp, who at the time was talking to another player, the little one kinda got on a roll on the ice, was actually skating, but couldn't stop, she wasn't big enough to reach the top of his goalie pads, (totally cute!!) and she ran face first right into his legs!!! OMG !!! it was so cute, then he stood there and chatted with her for a couple of minutes, while holding onto her head, so she wouldn't fall over!! It was priceless!! :thumb:

Rebels30
01-31-2006, 05:28 PM
aaawwwww lol.....I gess he's a great guy in and out of the net! :thumb:

SectionNDeserter
01-31-2006, 05:41 PM
I was really impressed listening to Josh Lepp the other nite when he did the postgame chat with Andrew and Mike. He was so very well spoken, didn't seem nervous, and just sounded awesome.He sounded very well-spoken on the radio a while back, didn't mumble or 'Uhhhhhh' after every other word like most athletes. He could have a career in broadcasting after his hockey career is over!

J23
01-31-2006, 05:46 PM
I can remember when Josh played for the Rockets, and he's always been a well spoken guy. He looks you in the eye when you're talking with him and he's super polite. One of the nicest guys around! I'm glad to see that he's finally found a team that he's playing really well for!! Good luck to Josh for the rest of the season!! :)

Hatguy
01-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Yes, Lepp is certainly doing good in Red Deer, I wish him luck, but he had his chances on his former teams. Let's get that last playoff spot Red Deer!

Rebels30
01-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Don't worry they will lol (hopefully) :thumb: :clap: