PDA

View Full Version : fines and suspensions

Number_4
01-31-2006, 12:42 PM
From whl.ca;

Date Player Team Description

January 28 Ryan Bender Kamloops Blazers Two Games for his actions at Regina on January 28

January 28 Moises Gutierrezr Kamloops Blazers One Game for his actions at Regina on January 28

January 28 Kamloops Blazers $1000.00 Fine ($500 fine for players on line change involved in fights/$250.00 fine for goaltenders fight/$250.00 fine for second multiple fight situation of season

January 28 Michael Senseman Regina Pats Two Games for his actions at Regina on January 28

January 28 Tyson Sievert Regina Pats One Game for his actions at Regina on January 28

January 28 Regina Pats $750.00 Fine ($500 fine for players on line change involved in fights/$250.00 fine for goaltenders fight

Fight Guy
01-31-2006, 03:12 PM
So...what the deal with the suspensions? What were they for. I wasnt sure of all the events of the brawl, so im a little lost. One has got to be for leaving the bench, but the other im lost on. I thought Fuder would end up with a suspension seeing as how he "instigated" a fight in the last 5 or 10 minutes or whatever it is.

Number_4
01-31-2006, 03:19 PM
Yeah I am a bit confused too. I would have thought Fudar would have gotten a game for the instigator penalty. As for the rest of them, Im not exactly sure what went on in the brawl. The problem with line brawls is although they are entertaining, its really really hard to watch the whole thing and catch everything thats going on at once. Who knows. I was watching Reekie and Dubnyk, like most people I know. The league didnt really have any explainations posted, just a chart with the individual suspensions and fines. I am assuming its something that went on during the fight, who knows.

scamperdog
01-31-2006, 06:52 PM
I can understand Bender getting it because he left the bench, the same for the Regina player, the rest of it who knows? They said on the radio here that part of the fine to Regina was because of your GM saying that a line brawl helps bring a team together, I would have to agree with that.

Number_4
01-31-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah but in reality, the suspensions and fines are equal except the Blazers got an extra fine for second multi fight for the season. I think that the two players that got suspended were the two that left the bench from each team on the line change to fight. Thinking of it more, that is the only real explaination that makes sense. In order to really understand we would have to watch the game tape.

Parkers comments dont surprise me. Its Parker. He would see things that way.

Dwight Schrute
02-01-2006, 04:48 PM
what did pyatt and bernheardt ad mcdonald do to get a healthy scratch ?

Fight Guy
02-01-2006, 04:52 PM
I guess Bernhardt and McDonald were disiplinary, and no one knows forsure about Pyett.

T-Bone
02-02-2006, 11:52 PM
They said on the radio here that part of the fine to Regina was because of your GM saying that a line brawl helps bring a team together, I would have to agree with that.

Hunt, not Parker.