PDA

View Full Version : Former WHLer's Boucher & Leclerc on the move...

nivek_wahs
02-02-2006, 03:07 AM
Flames get Boucher, Leclerc from Coyotes
(www.tsn.ca)

CALGARY (CP) - The Calgary Flames traded centre Steven Reinprecht and backup goaltender Philippe Sauve to Phoenix for goaltender Brian Boucher and left wing Mike Leclerc.

The Flames announced the deal after their 2-1 loss to Columbus on Wednesday. Reinprecht, the Flames sixth lead scorer, was a healthy scratch for the game.

Reinprecht says he will look back on his time in Calgary fondly.

"I loved it, it's probably one of the best hockey cities in the world," he said. "It's been a blast playing here."

Reinprecht, 29, recorded 10 goals and 19 assists in 52 games this season with Calgary.

Now he's looking towards the future.

"I'm excited, Wayne Gretzky is the best player that ever has played the game," Reinprecht said. "To learn from him is going to be an honour."

The six-foot, 195-pound Edmonton native has played in six NHL seasons with Los Angeles, Colorado and Calgary, recording 69 goals and 122 assists in 321 games.

Sauve's last start in Colorado on Jan. 24 he gave up seven goals on 27 shots in a 7-4 loss. Sutter wasn't happy after that performance and put Sauve on waivers the next day.

"I went through a tough week that's for sure," Sauve said. "The situation here was kind of different. This is going to be good for me."

Sauve, 25, played eight games for Calgary this season, recording a 3-3-0 record, a 3.28 goals against average and an .891 save percentage.

The six-foot, 188-pound netminder is playing in only his second NHL season. He spent the 2003-04 campaign with the Colorado Avalanche, registering a 7-7-3 record, a 3.04 goals against average and an .896 save percentage in 17 games.

"It kind of stuns you at first, but I think I'm walking into a good opportunity," said Sauve. "It's going to be good for me and I'm looking forward to it."

Leclerc, 29, played in 35 games with the Coyotes this season, collecting nine goals and 12 assists.

The six-foot-two left winger has 63 goals and 90 assists in 26 NHL career games with Anaheim and the Coyotes. The Winnipeg native was drafted in the third round, 55th overall, by the Mighty Ducks in the 1995 Entry Draft.

Boucher has a 3-6-0 record, a 3.87 GAA and an .877 save percentage in 11 games this season with Phoenix. The 29-year-old was acquired by the Coyotes in a trade with Philadelphia on June 12, 2002, and has played in three seasons with Phoenix. In his six-year NHL career split between Phoenix and Philadelphia, he has a 74-83-30 record in 199 NHL games.