PDA

View Full Version : Colliton Recalled

westbeach55
02-02-2006, 05:35 PM
COLLITON RECALLED
The Islanders have recalled center Jeremy Colliton. The 21-year-old Blackie, Alberta native has played in four games with the Islanders this season, but has not recorded any points. He made his NHL debut on Nov. 23 vs. Buffalo. In 46 games for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the AHL this season, Colliton has scored 11 goals and 19 assists for 30 points and 40 penalty minutes. Colliton is the fourth leading scoring for the Sound Tigers and leads the team in plus/minus with a rating of +10.

Colliton was drafted by the Islanders in the second round (58th overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. This is his first professional season.

Dwight Schrute
02-02-2006, 05:53 PM
COLLITON RECALLED
The Islanders have recalled center Jeremy Colliton. The 21-year-old Blackie, Alberta native has played in four games with the Islanders this season, but has not recorded any points. He made his NHL debut on Nov. 23 vs. Buffalo. In 46 games for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the AHL this season, Colliton has scored 11 goals and 19 assists for 30 points and 40 penalty minutes. Colliton is the fourth leading scoring for the Sound Tigers and leads the team in plus/minus with a rating of +10.

Colliton was drafted by the Islanders in the second round (58th overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. This is his first professional season.
i thought he might get called up to replace colley. although i am sure everyone wishes it under better circumstances.(kevin colley's broken neck) congrats to jc. lets hope he sticks the rest of the year !!!!

Triton
02-03-2006, 12:48 PM
i thought he might get called up to replace colley. although i am sure everyone wishes it under better circumstances.(kevin colley's broken neck) congrats to jc. lets hope he sticks the rest of the year !!!!

He won't stick for the rest of the year..not this season anyways.Lets hope Colliton plays more than 2:54.

Dwight Schrute
02-03-2006, 12:52 PM
He won't stick for the rest of the year..not this season anyways.Lets hope Colliton plays more than 2:54.
was that how much ice time he got last night ? i saw he got a hooking penalty and the rangers scored on the pp but... i thought hed get more ice than that

Triton
02-03-2006, 01:57 PM
was that how much ice time he got last night ? i saw he got a hooking penalty and the rangers scored on the pp but... i thought hed get more ice than that

He played 3:07 last night but his first call up he played something around 2:54..why call him up then if he plays only 3 minutes..just leave that spot open and fill it with a player already on the roster..make someone from the first 2 lines take that spot.You go through all that and call him up for him to play 3 minutes.Thats all you need him for is 3 minutes?It fathums me.

SectionNDeserter
02-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Thats all you need him for is 3 minutes?It fathums me.Not many rookies play more than 3 minutes per game. Put them out there more than that, and inexperience at that level could lead to things like hooking penalties that cost the team a goal... 3 minutes per game is really quite impressive if you think about it, a lot more players play in minor pro a year or more before making the jump to the NHL, than those that jump straight there from junior.

Knuckle Chucker
02-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Not many rookies play more than 3 minutes per game. Put them out there more than that, and inexperience at that level could lead to things like hooking penalties that cost the team a goal... 3 minutes per game is really quite impressive if you think about it, a lot more players play in minor pro a year or more before making the jump to the NHL, than those that jump straight there from junior.

Plus the money for JC is a lot better in the show

Dwight Schrute
02-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Plus the money for JC is a lot better in the show
yeah but i think any of us would be happy to earn what he is in bridgeport