PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs making a run at 4th Place!!

LifelongChiefsFan
02-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Ahhh, it sure is nice to be back after over a week of being out of town.

Anywho, onto hockey. Chiefs pulled out a nice, tough win tonight against rival Portland, probably the one team in the league doing worse that Spokane, lol. I may have been wrong about the Chiefs though, maybe they will be able to squeak into the playoffs, especially if Portland continues to go down in flames like they have been the past 2+ weeks. I'd love to see the Chiefs make it, especially after trading away the players they did. I think Peters is doing a wonderful job. Could Conroy have held this team together? I doubt it!!

Oh and just another note, I've seen Armstrong play twice now and I still don't see what's so great about that guy. He lets in soooo many soft goals. Oh well, he has time to turn it around I guess.

Jimmypop316
02-04-2006, 03:10 AM
They played so damn good tonight, the most surprising event of the night that there were ABSOLUTELY no fights whatsoever. Top two fight teams in the league and nothing comes out of it, it must be close to playoff time.

There were some big turnovers in our zone, like their first goal was gift-wrapped to them, and another one was a nice turnover too. Army may let some softies in but for everyone he does he comes back with some stellar saves, I'm totally loving him.

We are so still in the hunt for 4th place, not only are we closing in on Portland, but TC still has to make their road trip up to the Central Division, so thank god for that!

I think the fact that they finally got a good string of practices in helped them gigantic. This game was all Spokane, Butler and that damn post kept them in it. Now the big test is to see how we play tomorrow night, its time we take back the season series with TC and make a run for these playoffs, they are so close together.

Go Chiefs Go!

edit: also, how about Stoesz out there for a couple shifts, broken finger and all. Its so amazing how he gets the attention of a high scoring forward.