PDA

View Full Version : What an AWESOME GAME!!!!!

LifelongChiefsFan
02-05-2006, 02:59 AM
Wow, where do I begin??? That was the most exciting game I have seen, probably all year long. The atmosphere was unbelievable tonight, although I was a little dissapointed that there were less than 9000 against Tri-City on a Saturday night. Chiefs played great though anyway, Grabner had a huge night with the hat trick, but again the entire team played well. There were a few breakdowns and the Stoesz 5 min major was total BS. Even still the Chiefs were able to overcome blowing the 3 goal lead and pulled it out!!! Absolutely HUGE win!!!! This sure is exciting only one point out of a playoff spot, with a giant game against Kelowna on Wednesday. I think the Chiefs will come out strong and make it three in a row. It should be a great game, they always play Kelowna tough.

On another note, I was more impressed with Armstrong tonight than in the previous 2 games. He had some huge saves and most of the goals he gave up were due to defensive lapses and that aforementioned penalty. Hopefully he keeps his level of play up. I have a feeling he hasn't played even close to his best game yet as a Chief.

rezstyle
02-05-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm still not convinced we've seen all the rave Armstrong got from his previous team. The last couple games, he's given up quite a bit of goals, but Spokane has just simply scored more. I did see some of his potential with some saves in this one though.

How about the hit by Haw on Schneider, talk about two big boys....and the Stoesz hit was bs too. It was the same damn hit Boogard put on Ryan, only Ryan toughed it out and got up. I know on the fighting boards Stoesz will get a bad rep for his "fight" with Bacek, but I tried posting it as pretty much the non-fight it was.

You know, last time I posted on Haw, I mentioned he was slow, but I've seen alot more to his game now. I'm pretty impressed, especially when he gets that chip on his should as he had tonight, but that was his knock coming down was his daily intensity. He seems to control the puck very good and almost seems effortless the way he handles himself out there. I'll still say he's not going to catch up to anyone if he turns it over, but from what I've seen, he rarely makes a mentally bad play. He's gonna be quite a good player for us.

Jimmypop316
02-05-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm still not convinced we've seen all the rave Armstrong got from his previous team. The last couple games, he's given up quite a bit of goals, but Spokane has just simply scored more. I did see some of his potential with some saves in this one though.

How about the hit by Haw on Schneider, talk about two big boys....and the Stoesz hit was bs too. It was the same damn hit Boogard put on Ryan, only Ryan toughed it out and got up. I know on the fighting boards Stoesz will get a bad rep for his "fight" with Bacek, but I tried posting it as pretty much the non-fight it was.

You know, last time I posted on Haw, I mentioned he was slow, but I've seen alot more to his game now. I'm pretty impressed, especially when he gets that chip on his should as he had tonight, but that was his knock coming down was his daily intensity. He seems to control the puck very good and almost seems effortless the way he handles himself out there. I'll still say he's not going to catch up to anyone if he turns it over, but from what I've seen, he rarely makes a mentally bad play. He's gonna be quite a good player for us.

Yea the Stoesz hit was bad, but Boog did the same EXACT thing to Ryan. I was pretty mad when they only called him for a 2 minute penalty. Hopefully the TC guy is fine. I'm thinking hes just got a concussion and thats it. Its going to be a joke if he gets a suspension for it and Boog doesn't. They both had intent to injure.

I don't even think we are playing that much of a defensive game like we used to. I didn't see the trap at all last night, they might have busted it out in the last 5 minutes, but that was a gigantic run and gun game and thats great hockeyl. I really miss that style, but then again when Everett came in and destroyed it, you've gotta do what you have to win games.