PDA

View Full Version : still on board!

wango tango
02-07-2006, 01:36 PM
you have six weeks to start building on positives and to get on a roll going into the playoffs.

i wonder if some have written this team off, i hope so, i like the idea of being the underdog.

this team can play more tenaciously, more aggressively. and i'm not talking about fighting. aggressive checking, aggressive to the net, aggressive in skating with purpose and shooting the puck, etc.

find your work ethic, your heart.

i don't care where in the standings your opponent on any given night is, or if they're using you to measure themselves against, it's time to start going after the fleas and elephants with the same bazooka.

wango tango
02-08-2006, 04:08 PM
a good first step against the tigers. it was exactly that a good first step. there is a lot to do between now and the end of the season. don't get too full of yourselves. keep the egos, selfishness, laziness in check.

i see all the letters have been removed, i hope they're off for a while. let's have the guys earn them, it's like starting all over with a fresh slate. i'll be curious to see when rabbit gets back if he still has a 'c' on his jersey.

keep the positive progress going tonight against moose jaw, this is a big game.

tenacity, aggressiveness, mentality. build on what you've done right, and know you can, and should do better.

Triton
02-08-2006, 04:16 PM
a good first step against the tigers. it was exactly that a good first step. there is a lot to do between now and the end of the season. don't get too full of yourselves. keep the egos, selfishness, laziness in check.

i see all the letters have been removed, i hope they're off for a while. let's have the guys earn them, it's like starting all over with a fresh slate. i'll be curious to see when rabbit gets back if he still has a 'c' on his jersey.

keep the positive progress going tonight against moose jaw, this is a big game.

tenacity, aggressiveness, mentality. build on what you've done right, and know you can, and should do better.

He took all the letters off?Wow!

wango tango
02-08-2006, 04:41 PM
He took all the letters off?Wow!

yup! can't say about rabbit as he is out with concussion right now, probably back in another week, week and a half.

i hope the 'c' is taken from rabbit. not that he's been a poor captain this is a start from scratch moment for all the players. clean slate time. you will have to earn what you get. the honour of wearing a letter, more ice time, pp or pk duty, etc.

battle hard guys, no matter the out come tonight if you compete and put in the effort things will be going in the right way.

Triton
02-08-2006, 05:07 PM
yup! can't say about rabbit as he is out with concussion right now, probably back in another week, week and a half.

i hope the 'c' is taken from rabbit. not that he's been a poor captain this is a start from scratch moment for all the players. clean slate time. you will have to earn what you get. the honour of wearing a letter, more ice time, pp or pk duty, etc.

battle hard guys, no matter the out come tonight if you compete and put in the effort things will be going in the right way.

Who should get the "C"?as well as the "A"'s?

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2006, 05:15 PM
if he took all of the letters away then who is supposed to talk to the officials when the cap or assistant is supposed to ?

wango tango
02-08-2006, 05:28 PM
if he took all of the letters away then who is supposed to talk to the officials when the cap or assistant is supposed to ?

i think it's a game by game decision right now. the 'a' is designated on the gamesheet, last night it was cole.

fyi readers before the letters were stripped the 'c' was rabbit, 'a' barnes, setoguchi, and mccrae. i hope molleken sticks with it for a while just to reinforce the starting from scratch, having to earn what you get thought.

wango tango
02-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Who should get the "C"?as well as the "A"'s?

great question. don't know. i hope they don't give any letters for at least a half dozen games, or until the end of the month. all the games and opponents are tough for the rest of the month so it will be a good test to see who responds and wants to take leadership.

i'd choose the players who display a consistent effort even in adversity or a losing cause, tenacious players, aggressive overall play, respected by others in the locker room, and reasonably level headed (as kids it's understandable for them to blow their tops). i know it's a long list but i'd expect 'c' and 'a' candidates to display some or all of these qualities.

Tidball
02-09-2006, 09:25 AM
(C) - Joe Barnes
(A) - Devin Setoguchi
(A) - David Schulz
(A) - Justin McCrae

Triton
02-09-2006, 09:52 AM
A bunch of us were talking at the game last night,and honestly Lorne may have wrecked a good thing.Tinkering would have been a way to go but trading a 4th of your team didn't help.Any chemistry they did have is gone.I don't think the Blades have a prayer in the playoffs with they way they are playing..no heart.What was Lorne thinking?

FELIX17
02-09-2006, 10:16 AM
The Blades stole the Spokane trade, but getting rid of Tidball and Crowley was detrimental to the team, IMO. Tidball added the toughness and heart needed after last years playoff disappointment. And what does Lorne do? He trades the toughness he said they were lacking to be successful. Tidball intimidated when he was on the ice. Teams knew if they were going to hack and push around the best players on the team, they would be dealing with him shortly. Even Haw, as much as think he was a brutal defencemen, stood up for his teammates everytime. Didn't Molleken strip the team of it's letters during his first stint as coach of the Blades? For some reason, Buchokowski and Wotton's names ring a bell. Setoguchi continues to float and doesn't seem to care what is going on. They better figure it out or it will be an early exit again.

skinnyhead
02-09-2006, 10:26 PM
I was talking with some people down in Moose Jaw and we were wondering if maybe Molleken will be back with the blades next year. He did the same things to the warriors by trading away all your young players and getting rid of the chemistry when he was here, and the next year he was gone. Seems like he's doing the same in Saskatoon

wango tango
02-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I was talking with some people down in Moose Jaw and we were wondering if maybe Molleken will be back with the blades next year. He did the same things to the warriors by trading away all your young players and getting rid of the chemistry when he was here, and the next year he was gone. Seems like he's doing the same in Saskatoon

molleken will be back next season as gm, as head coach... don't know.

rabbit, and barnes out definately hurts. don't use it as an excuse though, it's an opportunity to raise your level of play.

more than ever i am hoping there is some truth in the saying, "adversity breeds strength."

Dwight Schrute
02-10-2006, 05:05 PM
didnt mollekin sign a 5 year deal ???

skinnyhead
02-11-2006, 12:20 AM
didnt mollekin sign a 5 year deal ???

That's what happened here in MJ and then he bloted for the NHL and left good ol' Perry Sockey here in Moose Jaw. (Worst move ever)

Hatguy
02-11-2006, 11:43 AM
They better figure it out or it will be an early exit again.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, it will be an early exit. Assuming the Blades take second place. The Blades will have to play the Pats and the Pats are underated.

Tidball
02-11-2006, 03:52 PM
They better figure it out or it will be an early exit again.

Don't worry, it will be an early exit. Assuming the Blades take second place. The Blades will have to play the Pats and the Pats are underated.[/QUOTE]

If we meet the Pats in the playoffs its gonna be a hell of a sieries. Game 7, winner will be whoever wants it more. Blades will not underestimate ANYONE in the playoffs. They learned from that mistake last year.

Hatguy
02-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Yes, it will be a good series. I don't know who I want to win, assuming that the teams will stay where they are in the standings. Saskatchewan is going to see some great playoff hockey this year.