PDA

View Full Version : Hey ICE fans, Shaw has the ICE vs the Giants tonight

fightstrap50
02-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Turn it to chanel 10 and watch our team go for a big win!
I know where I'll be tonight :groovy:

GO ICE GO!!!

GF71
02-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Sure not a lot of talk from any Ice fans about the game last night. What happened to your team? With the exception of beating the Hitman badly, htey have lost what...5 of their last 6? Something like that anyway. Are they just in a funk, or are there greater issues at hand? While I am happy for yet another Giants victory, most people that I have talked to are dissapointed at the effort that Kootenay put forth.

Beaner
02-08-2006, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I am curious as well, I can't believe that this is a typical effort from the ICE night in night out.

Even with a different schedule, they have 70+ points, they have to be a better team then what we have seen thus far.

Mats
02-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Not the same team since X-mas. Definitely something not right. Have heard lots of rumblings about player unhappiness with coaching staff.
But I guess better now than in March/April, if they straighten it out that is.

Beaner
02-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Not the same team since X-mas. Definitely something not right. Have heard lots of rumblings about player unhappiness with coaching staff.
But I guess better now than in March/April, if they straighten it out that is.

Well, something isnt right with them thats for sure, for their sakes hopefully they can get it figured out and quick. Well not too quick, maybe after Sunday nights game. :P

fightstrap50
02-08-2006, 08:30 PM
I wish I could tell you guys something about whats wrong but as fan with only a little inside info, I have nothing.
The guys are the same team today that were playing so well and so hard every night to get big wins quite often. They have been as of late playing a lack luster and individual effort game. And not the game that we, the lucky fans we are, were treated to for the first half of the season even with all the new faces and rookies.

One thing I can say is that there is hard effort by a lot of guys but just not at the same times to get momentum going and rolling it through line changes. Right now our third and fourth lines are the guys that are standing out and thats good to see, but our first two lines have some serious available fire-power and they just wont shoot the puck. Sweet passes are awsome to see, but when they dont do anything with them its a waste really. They have the abbilty to just plain out rip and buzz around other teams and out play them every where on the ice and just need to get the fun back in the game doing that again.

the Goaltending has been pretty consistant with Dakers and Lazaruk but they can only stop so many shots and eventually some are going to get by them. The defence isn't blocking shots and holding people to the boards instead of letting them to the center for shots and plays. They need to buckle down and start hitting again and keep hitting every night. They can do it we seen it every night out of them. They punnished alot of team and were winning for it and they will get that :burningma fire :burningma back in them soon!!

We were dominating teams for half a season with physical play and lots of shots on net night after night. Then all of a sudden it looked like a big over confidence issue hit the team. Not a big deal right? I didnt think so anyways.

One big thing is they can't, or just wont, win on the road for some completely odd reason. It baffles me.

I dont think it's going to be long untill they get back on track and get it going again the right direction. So what, thay loose some points and some big games, it happens to every team no big deal. They had a very busy schedule vs alot of other teams early on and have played tired as of late. But hey, play offs are a totaly new ball game and we love the playoffs here and have a long ways to go yet this year :thumb:

So they need to refocus on being the winners when they step foot on the ice where ever they play and make teams stand back and watch'em go! We really do have a great team here guys so dont worry we'll be back in the saddle again and watch out cause here we come :groovy:

GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
02-08-2006, 09:28 PM
If it was easy all the time winning, you would lose the thrill of it all. I know its tough to watch our team play like this and obviously they need to work on it and fast, but there is lots of time left to fix the problems and get into a roll for the playoffs and hopefully carry a winning streak and new confidence into the spring. Have faith in our boys, many other teams don't even think of us as a threat and its those who we will enjoy watching as they under estimate us.

Jovorock
02-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Ice 4-6-0-0 in last 10 games, that sure isn't the Ice team I seen in Kelowna Jan 18th? That was the night Dakers stood on his head with 42 shots and a Rocket 4-3 win.

http://kelownarockets.com/Games/GameOverview.aspx?GameID=53