PDA

View Full Version : Rebels win

Tinner
02-08-2006, 09:34 AM
was anticipated for last nights game but instead we got to see a real stinker. I figured that after the win in Saskatoon the team had turned the corner. What happened? maybe it was because Casey wasn't at the bat (mike).

frontrow fan
02-08-2006, 12:18 PM
It WAS a stinker!! and to make it worse.... we had the Calgary fans in the bleachers sitting right behind us... it was embarrassing to say the least that 30 + fans from Calgary can make more noise for their team than 5000+ can for ours!! They must love to come hear and be able to hear themselves cheer their team on, cause they sure don't get any oppostion from our fans!!
Even when the Reb's were winning and playing better, I think the fans in Red Deer are a big let down... they never get off the A$$e$ for any reason other than a beer break or food!! More Rebels fans should get on a bus and make the trip to Calgary or Medicine Hat and see what REAL team support looks and sounds like...it truly is amazing!! Last year, we drove to M.H. and without a lie, every person that was a Tiger fan, was wearing a jersey or a t-shirt or orange !! it was a site... here in DEAD REAR........NOT SO MUCH!!

hockey4
02-08-2006, 01:19 PM
i hate to spoil ur post but red deer has a pretty good atmosphere in the playoffs, which is when u went down to med hat. Believe me it isnt as rowdy during the season, and neither is the saddledome. Dont compare our regular season crowd to someone elses playoff crowd. Fan buses are always lowder because they want to stand up the hometown crowd. Im sure you guys would be louder in calgary their fans if a bus went down

Chuckles
02-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Fan buses tend to rock most rinks they go into. Most people on a fan bus tend to be rowdy if not just rowdy but drunk, and they don't care to much. For example i was in regina on the weekend. Second game i've been to there bunch of bronco fans went in and rocked the rink the first time atleast the second time there were fans who were trying to out cheer us. The first time.. it was 12 fans ... 12 LOUD fans.. but 12 and they could hear us over the rink.. That has to be the quietest rink i've ever been in if it wasn't for oppsoing fans or they super loud sirein or music.. i could honestly sleep there.. But people don't care about making fools out of themselves in opposing rinks cause they are out of town at home you have your peer's your co workers and what not, and people who sit around you all year. .. and As for play offs all rinks become more rocking in that time... even swift... wow.. that just sounds funny.

Well good luck with the rest of the season Rebels it looks like it might end up being a real dog fight.. which could read up set for who ever wins... Cause.. we all know calgary is weak at times.. and Med. Hat.. well.. Goaltenders come play off times do steal series.. stupid nastiuk

SectionNDeserter
02-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Last year, we drove to M.H. and without a lie, every person that was a Tiger fan, was wearing a jersey or a t-shirt or orange !! it was a site...If the Rebels miss the playoffs for like 11 seasons in a row, trust me, if they make the playoffs on the 12th season, you will see a lot of jerseys, and a much different atmosphere. A couple seasons ago, I had a die-hard MH fan and his 15 year old son sit beside me, it was his son's FIRST PLAYOFF GAME. I think the biggest problem is that we are just spoiled by having a succesful team for the 6 or 7 years prior to this season.