PDA

View Full Version : Raiders vs Tigers

Triton
02-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Honestly...after MH's loss last night and completely outshooting the Blades,and MH dropping 2 straight,I think they are gonna be pissed and are gonna come out firing.Deckert or Archibald will have to be huge,cause MH outshoots everyone,and I doubt they will be snake bitten two games in a row.No Barker tonight.Anyone know if he made the trip?I'd like to get an autograph to add to my collection.Unfortunately I say Medicine Hat 4 Raiders 1.Anyone else have thoughts?

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Honestly...after MH's loss last night and completely outshooting the Blades,and MH dropping 2 straight,I think they are gonna be pissed and are gonna come out firing.Deckert or Archibald will have to be huge,cause MH outshoots everyone,and I doubt they will be snake bitten two games in a row.No Barker tonight.Anyone know if he made the trip?I'd like to get an autograph to add to my collection.Unfortunately I say Medicine Hat 4 Raiders 1.Anyone else have thoughts?
they are definatly in tough tonight. both teams have a shootout win and med hat won the other game. any word if andy smith got called up for tonight ? and when ottman will be back ? i hope kris russell plays. i like watching him, too bad the kid wasnt a few inches taller. from what i heard barker is out anther 4 weeks with an ankle injury.but that was just from another message board

Triton
02-08-2006, 01:07 PM
they are definatly in tough tonight. both teams have a shootout win and med hat won the other game. any word if andy smith got called up for tonight ? and when ottman will be back ? i hope kris russell plays. i like watching him, too bad the kid wasnt a few inches taller. from what i heard barker is out anther 4 weeks with an ankle injury.but that was just from another message board

Smith has been called up.Ottmann another 2-3 weeks (still on crutches),and Kris Russell will play tonight.Should be a very good game tonight.I'am looking forward to seeing the leagues best team.

FELIX17
02-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm going to disagree and say PA has a strong game after last weekends performance against Kamloops. I'm sure practices haven't been a walk in the park following the display on Saturday. Maybe wishful thinking, but I believe PA pulls it out 4-3. Smith was impressive his first game out, hopefully he can build off of that and help the boys with another win!

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Smith has been called up.Ottmann another 2-3 weeks (still on crutches),and Kris Russell will play tonight.Should be a very good game tonight.I'am looking forward to seeing the leagues best team.
you do see the leagues best team at every raider home game !!!...... lol jk i wish

Triton
02-08-2006, 01:32 PM
you do see the leagues best team at every raider home game !!!...... lol jk i wish

LOL..no but I do see the biggest clown (Anholt) in Prince Albert.I say he's done after this season.

FELIX17
02-08-2006, 03:31 PM
LOL..no but I do see the biggest clown (Anholt) in Prince Albert.I say he's done after this season.

Maybe...but no. Your buddy Clark by far takes the cake in that respect. lol!! Seriously, do you really think Anholt's days are numbered? Anyone know how many years left on his contract and Clark's? IMO, I think he'll stick around especially with the young, inexperienced team that will be fielded next year. I'm really not sure why they haven't met expectations this year. Problems off the ice that we are unaware of? For some reason the boys have selective hearing when it comes to Anholt. Canadian eh, I know you have no use for Anholt and Clark for that matter, what do the rest of you think of the coaching/management staff? Clark has never been my favourite, but I've always been an Anholt fan and I'm hoping that somehow they manage to slip into the playoffs. I'll miss tonight's game against M.H., but I'm looking forward to seeing the game Friday night.

Wildeyes
02-08-2006, 03:55 PM
as far as i remember this would be anholts last yr on his contract
he signed a 3 yr one on his first full yr they missed the playoffs last yr was great and this would be his 3rd and interesting yr on his contract. I would really like to see Manson get the nod for the head coaching job. But in order to do that they would need a lose cannon for an asst. Manson has the knowledge but we all know he can not yell at the boys that is where the lose cannon comes in. I mean loose the type that is not affraid to take pens. to get his point across.

Clarke has done a good job as GM just because he had one bad trade yr (this one) doesnt mean he had done a back one (ie) schlenker, lenoard, Kozak, Ardelan, J.J. Hunter. Di ubalodo

Triton
02-08-2006, 04:14 PM
as far as i remember this would be anholts last yr on his contract
he signed a 3 yr one on his first full yr they missed the playoffs last yr was great and this would be his 3rd and interesting yr on his contract. I would really like to see Manson get the nod for the head coaching job. But in order to do that they would need a lose cannon for an asst. Manson has the knowledge but we all know he can not yell at the boys that is where the lose cannon comes in. I mean loose the type that is not affraid to take pens. to get his point across.

Clarke has done a good job as GM just because he had one bad trade yr (this one) doesnt mean he had done a back one (ie) schlenker, lenoard, Kozak, Ardelan, J.J. Hunter. Di ubalodo

Di Ubaldo wasn't anything special.Trading Guard and Jesse Schultz was really bad,cause they ended up doing great things for the Rockets.

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Maybe...but no. Your buddy Clark by far takes the cake in that respect. lol!! Seriously, do you really think Anholt's days are numbered? Anyone know how many years left on his contract and Clark's? IMO, I think he'll stick around especially with the young, inexperienced team that will be fielded next year. I'm really not sure why they haven't met expectations this year. Problems off the ice that we are unaware of? For some reason the boys have selective hearing when it comes to Anholt. Canadian eh, I know you have no use for Anholt and Clark for that matter, what do the rest of you think of the coaching/management staff? Clark has never been my favourite, but I've always been an Anholt fan and I'm hoping that somehow they manage to slip into the playoffs. I'll miss tonight's game against M.H., but I'm looking forward to seeing the game Friday night.
i heard a rumour but i have absolutly 0 proof and i dont like gossiping but maybe somebody else heard it too. apparantly anholt really pissed off some of the raiders because he shuffled all of them with where they lived at billets and which players they lived with. but like i said i have ZERO proof and it could be total bs. perhaps knucklechucker would know about this one ?

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2006, 05:09 PM
i believe anholt and manson are signed through to the end of next season. i think they were 3 year deals for 04/05 , 05/06, and 06/07

Wildeyes
02-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Di Ubaldo wasn't anything special.Trading Guard and Jesse Schultz was really bad,cause they ended up doing great things for the Rockets.

Guard and schultz needed to be traded you didnt see Gaurd during his AAA stay or his first yr with Raiders he was so so at best that is y we let him go he wasnt consistant he was really HOT when he played for the Klippers and just countinued from there he wouldnt of been that succseful Here in PA and for Schultz he just didnt do well he needed a change

hockeymom
02-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Noticed both players didn't come back. Anyone heard what happened to them and how they are? Will they be playing on Friday against PG?

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Noticed both players didn't come back. Anyone heard what happened to them and how they are? Will they be playing on Friday against PG?
on the post game show anholt said elder had some swelling in his ear from the puck he took to it, by blocking a shot. im not sure what happened to dowhay but anholt said it looked like a concussion.

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2006, 12:02 AM
was anybody else thinking that all 3 tiger goals were very weak ? i thought deckert played horrible, really fought the puck and got really really rattled. i hope he steps it up, but i think he needs a break and let archie play the next two. the defense played very good except for the first tiger goal when shaefer lost his man. but man did they ever let this one get away. it seems like they are just playing out the season cause they sure dont seem to wanna be in the playoffs

FELIX17
02-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Is Deckert still not 100%? It seems like he's been having up and down games for the last while. The Raiders definately can not afford a goaltender letting in soft goals. It sounds all to familiar with Archibald and Hilton earlier in the season. I listened to the game last night and it sounded like this one got away on them. Too bad.

Triton
02-09-2006, 09:15 AM

Yes Elder had severe swelling after taking the puck in the facial area.Dowhay suffered a minor shoulder separation when he was hit behind the net.His parents looked worried.

westbeach55
02-09-2006, 10:15 AM
i heard a rumour but i have absolutly 0 proof and i dont like gossiping but maybe somebody else heard it too. apparantly anholt really pissed off some of the raiders because he shuffled all of them with where they lived at billets and which players they lived with. but like i said i have ZERO proof and it could be total bs. perhaps knucklechucker would know about this one ?

good for anholt if there is problems, with say them not coming home in time for curfew as an example then they should be switched to different houses with a record like the raiders have now, let them whine

westbeach55
02-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Guard and schultz needed to be traded you didnt see Gaurd during his AAA stay or his first yr with Raiders he was so so at best that is y we let him go he wasnt consistant he was really HOT when he played for the Klippers and just countinued from there he wouldnt of been that succseful Here in PA and for Schultz he just didnt do well he needed a change

kelly guard was brutal here the raiders gave him more then a chance to make the team. I remember watching him get lit up in a intersquad game. pressure was just to much in the home town needed to get away

Triton
02-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Last nights only tilt with Dorsett and May was pretty decent.Some good shots were landed.I call it even,cause both went toe to toe.

Triton
02-09-2006, 04:13 PM
From the Raider site...

16 year-old centre Andy Smith also will be in the lineup tomorrow night. In a scoring change from last nights 3-2 loss to the Medicine Hat Tigers at the Art Hauser Centre, Smith has been credited with the second Raider goal. Smith now has 2 goals in 2 games as a Raider.

I swear nothing touched A.J's shot but the twine.

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2006, 05:16 PM
kelly guard was brutal here the raiders gave him more then a chance to make the team. I remember watching him get lit up in a intersquad game. pressure was just to much in the home town needed to get away
it looks like everything worked out for the best for guard but i still think they could have got more than a 5th round bantam pick for him. even though i think thats where they drafted him.

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2006, 05:22 PM
From the Raider site...

16 year-old centre Andy Smith also will be in the lineup tomorrow night. In a scoring change from last nights 3-2 loss to the Medicine Hat Tigers at the Art Hauser Centre, Smith has been credited with the second Raider goal. Smith now has 2 goals in 2 games as a Raider.

I swear nothing touched A.J's shot but the twine.
i honestly thought i saw it hit the shaft of smiths stick. i had commented that to the people i was sitting with. but what was with them playing smith on defense????? on the pp ok but at even strength ???? c'mon the poor kids gonna get mixed up. there has to be a vet who can go back there other than smith. although he looked good when there was a 2 on 1 on him and he poked the puck loose, kudos to him for that. why dont they bring up a dman for the next game or two till mcdonald comes back. i like how palazzo has stepped it up lately too.

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Last nights only tilt with Dorsett and May was pretty decent.Some good shots were landed.I call it even,cause both went toe to toe.
yeah i couldnt believe dosett could go like that. but i guess if you get beat up a lot you toughen up. like tanner shultz did.

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2006, 05:25 PM
umm yeah just saw they called up vann. never mind my complaint about not calling up a dman

FELIX17
02-10-2006, 06:58 AM
i honestly thought i saw it hit the shaft of smiths stick. i had commented that to the people i was sitting with. but what was with them playing smith on defense????? on the pp ok but at even strength ???? c'mon the poor kids gonna get mixed up. there has to be a vet who can go back there other than smith. although he looked good when there was a 2 on 1 on him and he poked the puck loose, kudos to him for that. why dont they bring up a dman for the next game or two till mcdonald comes back. i like how palazzo has stepped it up lately too.

Smith played some defence and played the point on the powerplay during preseason. To me, he didn't look out of place in preseason. I still believe he should have made the team out of camp. I'm sure Anholt is thinking that now.