PDA

View Full Version : Stoesz Suspended

Stay-Puft
02-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Myles Stoesz Spokane Chiefs - Four Games for major and game misconduct for elbowing vs Tri-Cities on February 4

Follow link
http://whl.ca/transactions/transactions.php?id=3425

Jimmypop316
02-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Not at all surprised by that. Wonder what the dub thought of Boogs hit on Ryan, same exact play as the Stoesz elbow.

Also I read in the Spokesman review that Magistrale is out 3-5 weeks (leg injury).

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2006, 05:22 PM
how many games has stoesz missed this year due to suspension ? i looked at his stats and in 41 games he has 214 pim at that rate if he played all 72 he would be on pace for a whopping 376 pim. remember they dont add in 10 min or game misconducts anymore. wow if they still counted those he could have shattered the record.

Jimmypop316
02-08-2006, 07:22 PM
how many games has stoesz missed this year due to suspension ? i looked at his stats and in 41 games he has 214 pim at that rate if he played all 72 he would be on pace for a whopping 376 pim. remember they dont add in 10 min or game misconducts anymore. wow if they still counted those he could have shattered the record.

this was his 5th game misconduct (I think), so basically he got 3 games because of that, and then I'm guessing the 1 game suspension was because of the elbow. Sounds about right.

11/04 Vs Portland. 1st Misconduct.
11/23 Vs. Portland 2nd Misconduct.
12/04 Vs. Swift Current 3rd Misconduct.
01/08 Vs. Seattle 4th Misconduct.
Than last Saturday was his 5th.

So I'm guessing thats why its so long?

LifelongChiefsFan
02-10-2006, 01:28 AM
Not at all surprised by that. Wonder what the dub thought of Boogs hit on Ryan, same exact play as the Stoesz elbow.

Also I read in the Spokesman review that Magistrale is out 3-5 weeks (leg injury).

Yeah, Stoesz sure does get the shaft alot when it comes to refs calling penalties on him. Half the time his "major" penalties are minors that the ref decides to give him a major on because he is Stoesz.

On another note, Magistrale being out allows our younger Dman to play more. He played like crap since he got here anyway.

chiefgongshow
02-10-2006, 06:57 PM
On another note, Magistrale being out allows our younger Dman to play more. He played like crap since he got here anyway.
What young guy would you rather get ice time. Beyond Haw, Spurgeon, and Zimmerman the D is terrible. McCue atleast has a booming shot from the point that hes not afraid to let rip any chance he gets. Lynch still makes 16 yr old mistakes with this being his 3rd year in the league, when hes not playing tough which is more and more lately hes not of much use imo. Falk is a project, who Im thinking will end up being a serviceable D man in the future.

LifelongChiefsFan
02-11-2006, 03:19 AM
Bad typo on my part. I meant that Magistrale being out gives all of our younger Dmen more of a chance to play. At his age Magistrale is just a big waste of space IMO. Management is already looking towards the future with the trades made and picking him up didn't really make any sense at all. I don't have anything against the guy, I just think it would be better for our young Dmen if they play a bigger role from here on out.