PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer at Calgary Sportsnet Feb 9th

Mileflames
02-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Thursday February 9 - Red Deer at Calgary, RSN West and Pacific at 8:00pm MT, 7:00pm PT - Taped Delayed

Mileflames
02-09-2006, 11:08 AM
THIS AND THAT: No word on whether Hitmen D Dylan Yeo (upper body) and F Kris Deines (knee) will be able to dress tonight. They join F Keegan Dansereau (concussion) and D Shaden Moore (ankle) in sick bay, although Dansereau is close to returning.

RunTheGoalie
02-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Man what an embarrassing hockey game. I would expect better out of two Junior B bottom feeders, nevermind to major-junior teams. Honestly, both teams sucked, and there wasnt a single player on either side who deserved a star. Shame that the only goal was scored because of Schultz's incompetence - which he displayed an astonishingly large amount of tonight - but I suppose I have to say that the team that deserved it won, since at least the Rebels even bothered to try tonight.

Credit Red Deer for working hard. They are an awful hockey club, but at least they showed up. Not something I can say of the Hitmen, who just basically said they do not want to win this division.

Triton
02-10-2006, 09:07 AM
The goal that was "supposedly" a high stick...wasn't.They played the replay of that goal like 10 times and both commentators said it should have been a goal.Doesn't matter,Calgary didn't score anyways.Junior hockey needs replay or something.That game was painful to watch honestly.How come it seems that everytime there is a game on sportsnet it always includes two teams from Alberta?Never see any team from the East or out West playing.

canadaruleshcky
02-10-2006, 09:09 AM
do you even watch hockey? to say the rebels are that bad, i wonder. they are a good team getting alot better.wait till next year.

Triton
02-10-2006, 09:33 AM
do you even watch hockey? to say the rebels are that bad, i wonder. they are a good team getting alot better.wait till next year.

Nobody said the Rebels were bad,the game is what we were referring to.Read the posts again.

WHL Rules
02-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Nobody said the Rebels were bad,the game is what we were referring to. Read the posts again.

Maybe you should do the same. ;)

Credit Red Deer for working hard. They are an awful hockey club, but at least they showed up.

Triton
02-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Runthegoalie said they were aweful...not bad..LOL :laugh:

Tidball
02-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Anyone know the WHL rogers schedule?

langdak
02-10-2006, 01:41 PM
CHL on Rogers Sportsnet SCHEDULE

Sunday January 29 - Guelph at London, RSN Ontario at 3:00pm ET

Sunday January 29 - Peterborough at Brampton, RSN National at 7:00pm ET, 11:00pm MT, 4:00pm PT

Tuesday February 7 - Oshawa at Kitchener, RSN Ontario at 7:00pm ET

Thursday February 9 - Red Deer at Calgary, RSN West and Pacific at 8:00pm MT, 7:00pm PT

Sunday February 12 - London at Kitchener, RSN National at 7:00pm ET, 5:00pm MT, 4:00pm PT

Tuesday February 14 - Lethbridge at Red Deer, RSN West and Pacific at 7:00pm MT, 6:00pm PT

Sunday February 19 - Kitchener at Ottawa, RSN National at 3:00pm ET, 1:00pm MT, 12:00pm PT

Tuesday February 21 - Tri City at Vancouver, RSN West and Pacific at 8:00pm MT, 7:00pm PT

Thursday February 23 - Val d'Or at Quebec City, RSN National at 7:00pm ET, 5:00pm MT, 4:00pm PT

Sunday March 5 - Sarnia at Guelph, RSN Ontario at 3:00pm ET

Sunday March 5 - Medicine Hat at Calgary, RSN National at 7:00pm ET, 5:00pm MT, 4:00pm PT

Sunday March 12 - Regina at Lethbridge, RSN National at 7:00pm ET, 8:00pm MT, 4:00pm PT

Triton
02-10-2006, 02:40 PM
A whole schedule of CHL hockey and only one East Division team..sad.Funny how London,Kitchener,Calgary,Red Deer,Lethbridge,and Guelph have all been showcased twice.Sportsnet can eat my shorts.

RunTheGoalie
02-10-2006, 06:26 PM
The goal that was "supposedly" a high stick...wasn't.They played the replay of that goal like 10 times and both commentators said it should have been a goal.Doesn't matter,Calgary didn't score anyways.Junior hockey needs replay or something.That game was painful to watch honestly.How come it seems that everytime there is a game on sportsnet it always includes two teams from Alberta?Never see any team from the East or out West playing.

Probably because RSN West uses crews out of Calgary. Being within a couple hours of Calgary makes things cost effective.

I thought the goal was borderline, but would not have had a problem if it had counted. Shame that not even that break could wake Calgary up from it's stupor. The referee, Kirk, was flat out terrible, even by the WHL's low standards for officials. He was ignoring calls all night long, and by the end, both coaches were yelling for his head.

And yes, I said that the Rebels are an awful hockey club. They are dead last in the league, and dead last by a fair margin. They will undoubtably do better next year, and improve the year after, but for this season, and especially last night, the Hitmen could have won if they even matched the Rebels effort. They didn't, they deserved to lose.

Rebrevs
02-11-2006, 12:01 AM
WHat you fail to realize is that the REbels have lost around 15-20 games by one goal and several of those were in shootouts or in overtime. Yes their record is poor however that doesn't necessarily mean they are an awful team. They have been competitive most of the year.

RunTheGoalie
02-12-2006, 02:21 PM
"Competitive" is just another word for "losing".

Bad luck hasnt put the Rebels safely into last place in the league. They will get better, but on this season, on that night, the Hitmen threw away two free points.

Rebrevs
02-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Hey, I'm not denying the Rebels are in last place. That's pretty obvious. However, if you compare last place teams in the last few years (Moose Jaw and Stoon the year before) the Rebels have been far more COMPETITIVE. Competitive is not remotely another name for losing.

RunTheGoalie
02-13-2006, 10:00 PM
In truth, it is.

Either you are winning, or you are not. If you are not, you make up all kinds of words and excuses. Moral victories are commonly used as substitutes for real victories.

Competitive is a euphanism for "almost" winning, and another way to describe almost winning is "losing". The sugary coating simply makes the loss easier to swallow.

Rebels30
02-13-2006, 10:27 PM
Thats your opinion now....but i gess we'll just have to wait and see what you have to say when your Hitmen start being "competitive" in a couple seasons!!

Rebrevs
02-13-2006, 11:21 PM
I understand we are losing!!!!! I get it!!!! We are not discussing the same thing here!!!! My point is that we are losing but are still staying in the game. We are losing with flare, if you wish!!! If you are trying to make some kind of "dig"...forget it!! I get it!!! Now do you get my point??! If not, forget it!!

RunTheGoalie
02-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Thats your opinion now....but i gess we'll just have to wait and see what you have to say when your Hitmen start being "competitive" in a couple seasons!!

I just got through seven years of the Flames being "competitive". It got tiring real quick. Glad it is over.

I get what you are saying Rebrevs. My point is you are rationalizing a losing team.