PDA

View Full Version : what's the deal here?

RDRebelsfan
02-11-2006, 10:40 PM
LAst night to me it looked like Reimer was relieved due to an unknown reason...injury...Lepp came in. So what happened there?

2nd off....tonight I hear Reimer is playing then on the scoresheet see Mark Liebel....????

Where is Lepp? Something happen to him?

RDRebelsfan
02-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Mike Moeller just answered my 1st Q....Back spasms

tiny
02-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Mike Moeller just answered my 1st Q....Back spasms
Lepp and 6 others were out with illness. At least three others wouldn't have been playing because of illness and/or injury if we had healthy people to replace them.

Mappin played and did quite well. Our backup tender was a PG listed player because there was no one else available.

3rebels
02-12-2006, 12:17 AM
AWESOME game from a team that was severely depleted and tired.
How to go out and WIN BIG !! :groovy: :bounce: :clap:

Tinner
02-12-2006, 09:34 AM
2 points closer to Swifty.....they have to be concerned.

Rebels30
02-12-2006, 10:40 AM
sounded like they played great ...and it must have been tough for Reimer with the back spasms :( ...maybe we'll beat our other winning streak and get a fourth one in a row lol :clap:

Tinner
02-12-2006, 11:16 AM
The rule on goaltenders (as i understand it) is if the team can't get 1 of their listed goalies to a game in time to get ready and dressed, they can, with permission, use an affiliate goaltender from another team that is in a position to get to the game on time.

Hence Liebel playing as a sub, couldn't get Eidness or anyone else here in time.

SectionNDeserter
02-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Mappin played and did quite well.The kid sure likes to hit, he better get a haircut if he is going to play for Sutter though. :)

Beaner
02-12-2006, 03:42 PM
The rule on goaltenders (as i understand it) is if the team can't get 1 of their listed goalies to a game in time to get ready and dressed, they can, with permission, use an affiliate goaltender from another team that is in a position to get to the game on time.

Hence Liebel playing as a sub, couldn't get Eidness or anyone else here in time.

This exact same thing happened with Tyson Sexsmith (Van. Giants List player) last year, as he was dressed for a Tigers game when they were short a goaltender last year. He actually saw game action as the Tiger goalie either got tossed during the game or was injured. Can't remember which.

I do believe that they cant start a game, and can only actually play if the other goalie is tossed or injured in the game. They are merely there as a backup only.