PDA

View Full Version : Rebs beat the Hat 2-1

mapletoft
02-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Great game from the Rebs tonight - a great game to watch.

Mihalik, Berube, Frere, Scott, LeBlanc, Cline and Lepp all out with ailments namely the nasty flu bug which has taken over the Rebels dressing room.

Reimer, playing with back spasm problems, turns in a superb game. This guy has poise, determination and great positioning.

ALL the players worked hard tonight and came together as a team with their shorthanded lineup. Henry and Cunning were simply awesome out there tonight.

All I can say about Dorsett is he is a pain to play against but I would take him on my team anytime!

Unfortunately the reffing was noticeably iffy tonight, mostly for the Tigers. Oh well, it goes against more often than not!

Get well Rebs, see you on Tuesday night!

SectionNDeserter
02-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Great game from the Rebs tonight - a great game to watch.

Mihalik, Berube, Frere, Scott, LeBlanc, Cline and Lepp all out with ailments namely the nasty flu bug which has taken over the Rebels dressing room.

Reimer, playing with back spasm problems, turns in a superb game. This guy has poise, determination and great positioning.Yeah, I wasn't quite sure what to expect with such a short bench, and our goalie not healthy (though I heard he has a pinched nerve in his leg and not back spasms)

ALL the players worked hard tonight and came together as a team with their shorthanded lineup. Henry and Cunning were simply awesome out there tonight.Henry was simply incredible out there tonight, he didn't give the Tigers an inch, and looked very confident.

All I can say about Dorsett is he is a pain to play against but I would take him on my team anytime!I'd take the one that played tonight, the gritty one that doesn't take a pile of stupid penalties, think that is a rare night for him however. I noticed him carrying on a running dialogue with a number of the Rebel players, and whatever he was telling them, they both would laugh about it on the way to the bench.

Unfortunately the reffing was noticeably iffy tonight, mostly for the Tigers. Oh well, it goes against more often than not!
I didn't notice the reffing going particularly against one team, but I did notice that he called a lot of stuff that wasn't actually an infraction, but blatant infractions were totally ignored. At the half-way point of the game, I thought for sure he was going to lose total control of the game, and it was going to turn into a brawl.

frontrow fan
02-12-2006, 10:23 AM
know yet... (maybe billet families??) whether we'll have some guys back for tuesday? sure seems strange that so many guys went down with such a bad flu!! and sooo quickly!! I know they're together almost all the time but the way I heard it...these guys were VERY ILL!! :dead:
I wish we would have had Jordan Henry since the beginning of the year!! I like the way he's played... and Happy birthday to him as well!! :clap:

Rebels30
02-12-2006, 10:54 AM
(though I heard he has a pinched nerve in his leg and not back spasms)

I'm almost positive that it was back spasms not a pinched nerve because i heard Brent talking on the radio both Friday and Saturday about it being back spasms.