PDA

View Full Version : How was the fight

Dwight Schrute
02-12-2006, 05:17 PM
with erickson and dunstall ? did dunstall do something dirty again ?(a la the dubinsky hit). its not common to see a 20 year old and a 16 year old fight, so i was kinda wondering how it came about ?

Jimmypop316
02-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Basically the whole scrum started because a Kamloops player hit Army and knocked him over. I don't think it was purposely but you know how it is when you touch the goalie. Not too sure if it was Dunstall, but if he has a past like that he might have bonked him.

The only thing I really saw was poor Saskesandwhich getting taken pretty hard by the Kamloops player.

LifelongChiefsFan
02-13-2006, 12:41 AM
with erickson and dunstall ? did dunstall do something dirty again ?(a la the dubinsky hit). its not common to see a 20 year old and a 16 year old fight, so i was kinda wondering how it came about ?

Yeah, as far as fights go, it wasn't very spectacular at all. However, Szaszkiewicz er..."Saskesandwhich" I guess it is now, did have his lunch handed to him, lol.

Jimmypop316
02-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Yeah, as far as fights go, it wasn't very spectacular at all. However, Szaszkiewicz er..."Saskesandwhich" I guess it is now, did have his lunch handed to him, lol.

haha, oh good one!

also: danno: it looks like erickson had a little edge in the fight.

http://actionsportsimages.smugmug.com/photos/56209545-M.jpg

couple more pics at: http://actionsportsimages.smugmug.com/gallery/1197873/2/56209538

I love how Gary posts his images on the internet, he has some awesome shots.

Dwight Schrute
02-13-2006, 03:51 PM
haha, oh good one!

also: danno: it looks like erickson had a little edge in the fight.

http://actionsportsimages.smugmug.com/gallery/1197873/2/56209538[/url]

I love how Gary posts his images on the internet, he has some awesome shots.
thanks that guy takes some really good pictures !

scamperdog
02-14-2006, 08:21 PM
So far this year Kamloops has had 73 fights 16 have been against the chiefs, maybe they can double that when they meet for the last time on Feb 21, don't know why but these two teams really have a hate for each other.

LifelongChiefsFan
02-14-2006, 10:31 PM
So far this year Kamloops has had 73 fights 16 have been against the chiefs, maybe they can double that when they meet for the last time on Feb 21, don't know why but these two teams really have a hate for each other.

Yeah it is kind of weird especially now since these two teams only play 4 times a year now. Makes for very good games though!

I remember back when Kamloops won the Memorial Cup all the time, and they played the Chiefs, I think 8 times a year, those games were always good as well. It was too bad that the Chiefs got screwed in game 7 vs. Tri-City in 1995...I wonder how a Blazers/Chiefs final would have turned out that year.

Dwight Schrute
02-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Yeah it is kind of weird especially now since these two teams only play 4 times a year now. Makes for very good games though!

I remember back when Kamloops won the Memorial Cup all the time, and they played the Chiefs, I think 8 times a year, those games were always good as well. It was too bad that the Chiefs got screwed in game 7 vs. Tri-City in 1995...I wonder how a Blazers/Chiefs final would have turned out that year.
how did they get screwed ?

Jimmypop316
02-15-2006, 10:16 AM
how did they get screwed ?

It went into overtime and the ref waved off a goal because he thought we kicked it in or something of the sort, when it bounced off a TC player and into the net. A couple minutes they scored. Oh man thats terrible.

Really didn't matter, whoever won had to get destroyed by Kamloops next.

LifelongChiefsFan
02-15-2006, 08:40 PM
It went into overtime and the ref waved off a goal because he thought we kicked it in or something of the sort, when it bounced off a TC player and into the net. A couple minutes they scored. Oh man thats terrible.

Really didn't matter, whoever won had to get destroyed by Kamloops next.

Lol, yeah I'm sure they would've gotten destroyed too. I think it the series overall would have been good though. I still remember that game from the regular season where Spokane was playing at Kamloops and trailed 6-0 after the 1st period. Then Podollan started the rally with a hat trick and Spokane ended up winning 8-7 in OT. Man those were the days!!

I don't complain about the T/C call much though, because honestly Spokane should've lost game 7 vs. Portland a year later where Zednik scored with like 2 mins left in the game, but the ref (was it Kowal??) didn't allow it.