PDA

View Full Version : Mvp?

patscrazy
02-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Who do you think will be this year's mvp for the pats this year?

Fight Guy
02-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Im looking at Matt Robinson...fan favourite and always plays hard.

Dwight Schrute
02-13-2006, 03:45 PM
what about deck ?

Number_4
02-13-2006, 03:49 PM
what about deck ?

Hes my pick. He leads by example, and has been one of the more consistant players this year

Fight Guy
02-13-2006, 05:26 PM
I have to say...he will probably get it...but I feel Robinson should.

patsdude114
02-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I dont think Robinson will be the fan favorite Id have to say Kalus is the fan favorite by a huge margin...

As for the team MVP i would hate to see Deck get it he has had his best year this season in junior hockey but Robinson has been there when Kalus went to the WWJ tournament and when Tolpeko was hurt Robinson has been there all season offensively and also a great leader out on the ice also my bet is Robinson

Number_4
02-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I dont think Robinson will be the fan favorite Id have to say Kalus is the fan favorite by a huge margin...

As for the team MVP i would hate to see Deck get it he has had his best year this season in junior hockey but Robinson has been there when Kalus went to the WWJ tournament and when Tolpeko was hurt Robinson has been there all season offensively and also a great leader out on the ice also my bet is Robinson

I really think that Robinson is more of a fan fav than you think. While Klaus gives us the fancy goals, Robinson just quietly gets the job done, over and over again. For any hockey fan that realizes what he does for the team, it makes him a sure favorite. Klaus is the first good import the team has had in a while, which is why he is such a favorite. Its a novelty for the Pats to have a good import, especially in recent years.

As for MVP, I stand by my earlier choice of Deck. He has had one of his best seasons, and has led by example. He is not afraid to defend his teammates and is one of our most consistant players.

Bran
02-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Isn't it nice to have so many deserving candidates? When's the last time that happened?

I'd go with Robinson or Deck. Kalus and Tolpeko can light it up, but I think the experience and leadership that you get from Robinson and Deck pushes them over and above that. I think most people would be please with any one of the four though.

nivek_wahs
02-14-2006, 05:53 AM
I think there are a lot of candidates...

>Kalus & Tolpeko are both amazing, but the Pats weathered the strom nicely without them in the lineup during their time away. So I think that should be a notch against them.

>Deck has played a tremendous amount of hockey this year and is putting up a bunch of points. Hard worker but I think that Schira, Pyett and Ross are just as important "on ice" behind the scenes I have no clue as to how his teammates respond to him. For a large part of the year he was our true veteran defenceman and was the Pats leader (I am glad the Pats didn't trade him). I think he is worthy of the MVP.

>Robinson has been a workhorse and has been given the opportunity to play top end minutes and has excelled. There were times earlier in the year that I was questioning his ability and character so I had my doubts that he would turn his season around... Lo and behold he did with a bullet and has made the Pats that much better. He is a "veteran" (age-wise not games) and he is showing the youngens what it takes to be a decent goal scorer in the WHL. I think he should be considered for MVP.

> One player that should but most likely will not receive much consideration is Garrett Festerling who always gives his 100% and during the times when we were down players to injury he stepped up. He knows his role and his leadership is almost next to none (on the Pats). Most likely the Pats Unsung Hero, probably not MVP.

>Kyle Ross will probably not get any props for MVP but I seriously think he should. Okay maybe he doesn't put up huge numbers or lead the team in scoring but it's the things he does on the ice and wears an A for a reason. If you need a penalty killed he will kill it, if you need an important faceoff won he will win it scored important goals too. He could be a team MVP too.

>What about David Reekie? He may not have the best numbers in the league (or team), but he keeps the Pats in almost every game and gives us a chance to win. He's no Josh Harding (I'm not comparing them as there is no comparison) but I think he's an important part of the Pats success. I really felt for him last year.. I seriously dont think he was ready to start with a poor Pats team and stuck to it. This year his has proven he belongs. MVP candidate in my books too.

I am not a GM or coach or a team big-wig so those are my thoughts and I'm know I will receive some rebuttals. O well, I can take it.

Those are my 2 cents.

Kevin