PDA

View Full Version : Kris Hogg

mccabe23
02-04-2005, 05:30 PM
I find it very interesting that Kris Hogg has a 100 minutes in penalties but no scraps all year! He must get a lot of misconducts to rack up that many PIM's. :eek:

kelownakarl
02-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Misconducts and Game Misconducts do not count towards your total PIM's. They do in the NHL, and other minor pro leagues and the QMJHL as well. But not in the WHL and OHL. So that means he has 50 minor penalties. I wonder how many of those have been power play oportunities for the oposition?

Jew Panda
02-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Kris Hogg thinks he's all that, on and off the ice. There's been a few roughing penalties here and there, but the majority of them are usually obstruction calls. Hooking, slashing, tripping. He takes as stupid penalties as anyone, but at least he chooses his penalties wisely or maybe it's just luck, I'll give him that. I can't recall many times when the opposition scores on the power-play when he was in the box. Tesliuk is the one that's bad for that.

kelownakarl
02-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Sounds alot like Keller from Kelowna. Keller takes tons of stupid selfish penalties, mostly for high-sticking and obstruction crap. lazy lazy selfish player. I am still in amazement how he got drafted last year.... I guess because he has a knkack for scoring, mind you he takes tons of low quality selfish shots too. lol.

I have only seen Hogg a few times so it is hard to remember any penalties he has taken thus not being able to comment on the generality of his penality situations.

bcdfan
02-09-2005, 12:25 AM
I find it very interesting that Kris Hogg has a 100 minutes in penalties but no scraps all year! He must get a lot of misconducts to rack up that many PIM's. :eek:

Funny you should mention that. Hogg doesn't fight. Biggest yapper in the league but if the going is going to get rough he is always looking to see where the lisnesmen are. Stick is always high after the stoppage of play and many times will leave his teammates shorthanded during a scrum to go talk and whin to the ref. Love watching him in the Kelowna games fighting for position with Weber in front of the net. Comical to say the least.