PDA

View Full Version : Men's Olympic Hockey..

Triton
02-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Who will win gold at the Olympics in Men's Hockey?As well in what order do you think the medals will be handed out in Hockey?These are mine..

Gold-Canada
Silver-Sweden
Bronze-Slovakia

SectionNDeserter
02-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Who will win gold at the Olympics in Men's Hockey?As well in what order do you think the medals will be handed out in Hockey?These are mine..I don't think anyone will be able to stop Italy, but since they weren't on the list, I went with Canada!

Triton
02-15-2006, 06:56 PM
I don't think anyone will be able to stop Italy, but since they weren't on the list, I went with Canada!

Yeah they are good..LOL!The poll only allows 10 options so I had to oust with 2 teams,and since I doubt Italy and Kazakhstan is going to do ***** I omitted them.I was shocked Italy scored on us though.We should have hammered them more than 7-2.

Big Daddy
02-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Yeah they are good..LOL!The poll only allows 10 options so I had to oust with 2 teams,and since I doubt Italy and Kazakhstan is going to do ***** I omitted them.I was shocked Italy scored on us though.We should have hammered them more than 7-2.
I watched the game and it looked like Canada was jet laggin early on while Italy was battling hard. Close game actually early on with Italy scoring early in the second to tie it up. After that though, Canada never looked back.
USA actually outplayed Latvia for the most part but ran into a hot goalie (Irbe) who ended with 39 saves and weathered a flurry in the third. Nice effort by Latvia. Team USA management picked a team a little long in the tooth and that loves the buffet bar, they might be in for a short tourney. Their goaltending is also suspect.

LifelongChiefsFan
02-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Going into the olympics I had the Czech's as my winner...but now with Hasek out, I have to go with Canada.

Jovorock
02-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Going into the olympics I had the Czech's as my winner...but now with Hasek out, I have to go with Canada.
I don't see Voukoun as a down grade IMO. Hasek's best days are behind him.

I do think the Canadians will take it, too much talent. US doesn't have the goaltending and they didn't their best and hotest goalie in Ryan Miller. diepeitro is a punk and a pretty boy very average at best.

Gold Canada
Silver Czeck Rep.
Bronze Sweden

LifelongChiefsFan
02-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Wow did we have it picked wrong or what??

Can I change my vote to Finland??

Chipper
02-22-2006, 09:05 PM
I forgot to vote earlier so I have the first vote for the fins. :laugh:

The_Vulk
02-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Finland versus Sweden for the Gold.

Two great rivals. It should be one hell of a game.
(Of course, if Canada was in it, it would have been an awesome game. :thumb: )

Jovorock
02-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Gold Canada
Silver Czeck Rep.
Bronze Sweden
Brutal predicting, one for three? :confused: