PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Renewal

Kristi
02-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Has any other team sent out renewal letters yet? I have had mine from Everett for 2 weeks now. They want deposits now for next year!

Any other team do renewals this early?

GF71
02-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Here in Vancouver we just got our playoff ticket notices. We won't get our renewals for next season and the Memorial Cup until late Spring.

Kristi
02-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Here in Vancouver we just got our playoff ticket notices. We won't get our renewals for next season and the Memorial Cup until late Spring.

We haven't gotten our playoff notices yet!!

I will be interested to see how they plan on doing Memorial Cup tickets since they will have plenty of tickets unlike the past couple tourneys.

GF71
02-16-2006, 12:37 PM
The only thing that I have heard 100% confirmed is that Giants season ticket holders get the first right of refusal on thier seats. A couple of UNCONFIRMED things that I have heard are that we MAY be able to buy additional seats before the tickets go on sale to the public. I have also heard that "area teams" will each get a block of tickets. (Chilliwack, Everett and Seattle) but again, that is unconfirmed at this point.

Tipped Off
02-16-2006, 01:44 PM
I think everett's strategy is to strike while the Iron is hot. If you send out the renewal in Spring after people have lived without hockey for a few weeks or a month or so, they might just say, eh, I coul duse the money another way. But, if you send them out when your team is in 1st place and maybe getting another division crown, people are more willing to pop the $50 for the deposit. It just seems odd to do it about the same time as your going to have to send out playoff notices.

Kristi
02-16-2006, 01:55 PM
The only thing that I have heard 100% confirmed is that Giants season ticket holders get the first right of refusal on thier seats. A couple of UNCONFIRMED things that I have heard are that we MAY be able to buy additional seats before the tickets go on sale to the public. I have also heard that "area teams" will each get a block of tickets. (Chilliwack, Everett and Seattle) but again, that is unconfirmed at this point.

WHL teams always get tickets for the Memorial Cup when it is held in the WHL. But if they did a block that was available that would save me a bunch of money so I wouldn't have to get season tickets in Vancouver next year too!! :)

Beaner
02-16-2006, 02:29 PM

Thats nice to hear that area teams may get a shot at the Memorial cup tickets as well. Hope they do this for the STH in the nearby areas, I would much rather see WHL STH get the tickets as they are the supporters of the WHL year in year out.

With apx. a 16k seat arena and about a 5k STH base in Vancouver that leaves about 11K in tickets available. No reason that the Giants couldn't reward the STH of nearby cities, and still have tickets left over for the other 3 teams coming, and have tickets left over for people who just want to come, becuase the like great hockey.

Kristi
02-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Thats nice to hear that area teams may get a shot at the Memorial cup tickets as well. Hope they do this for the STH in the nearby areas, I would much rather see WHL STH get the tickets as they are the supporters of the WHL year in year out.

With apx. a 16k seat arena and about a 5k STH base in Vancouver that leaves about 11K in tickets available. No reason that the Giants couldn't reward the STH of nearby cities, and still have tickets left over for the other 3 teams coming, and have tickets left over for people who just want to come, becuase the like great hockey.

Don't forget tickets for sponsors too!

Beaner
02-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Don't forget tickets for sponsors too!

Ohh right.

Still a lot of tickets available compared to other WHL/CHL Venues.

Hitmen4ever
02-19-2006, 05:45 PM
I havent got my playoff ticket notices yet either. Hopefully I will soon.