PDA

View Full Version : Big 3 games in 3 nights

Dwight Schrute
02-17-2006, 05:42 PM
here's hoping the boys can get er done this weekend. :thumb: . hopefully they can put together another solid effort all weekend !!!, elder should be back this weekend(hopefully tonight but we will have to see). it would be nice to see byers and hellyer keep on putting the points up !!!. hopefully the line of chipper polak and aki can score some more too. now that we're back to 6 d-men, it should be a big help. hopefully the 3 ap's can keep up the great jobs that the aps have done this year. i will be watching on whl webcast tonight, so good luck lets make it a big win tonight !!!

Sabes
02-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Big shoot-out win tonight. Our power-play was the story of the game. Our defensive zone coverage was horrible on the goals though. 5 on 5 there should be better coverage of guys out there. All in all it's a win and lets hope for another tomorrow at the AHC.

Dwight Schrute
02-18-2006, 07:21 AM
its nice to see DePape hitting the scoresheet lately, the kid has worked hard all season long, and was really snakebitten over the first 40 games. im hoping he can finish the year really strong and maybe get himself drafted.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
02-18-2006, 10:20 AM
pretty solid game by both teams last night. Brandon outplayed PA for 45 minutes of the game, our PK sucks sack hope for a stronger effort tonight.

Dwight Schrute
02-18-2006, 04:57 PM
lets hope the powerplay keeps on clicking tonight, byers and hellyer and depape keep up their outstanding performance that they have been giving as of late. if they win tonight they are 1 point back with a game in hand. good luck boys get er done!

Sabes
02-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Well tonight we lost. Goaltending was the biggest difference, Plante was very good. The Wheaties PK was way better tonight then last night too. It's sad how weak this team is. Guys getting run all over the place and getting injured with no reprecussion aside from Gauthier/Moore. Chipper seems to be out of it, he just can't handle the puck right now. Herman is a very bad ref and made some bad calls, missed some even worse ones and the even up calls were the worst. Both coaches were unhappy with the reffing it seemed.

Triton
02-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Big win for Brandon!Reffing was bad.Still think that hit on Aki at the end should have been called.Nice to see Yeo net a goal infront of family and friends.He had his own cheering section.

Knuckle Chucker
02-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Who was McCrimmon yelling at in the 3rd period? It looked like he turned around 3 or 4 times and was yelling at someone in the press booth....Clarke maybe or was he yelling at a fan. RaiderFan17 do you know???

westbeach55
02-19-2006, 10:12 AM
mcrimmon likes to try and be in control of the refs every game ive seen him coach. its about time refs start ignoring his whining or giving him some penalties. whether the wheatkings are losing or winning you'll see him trying to get at the refs.

Triton
02-19-2006, 10:17 AM
mcrimmon likes to try and be in control of the refs every game ive seen him coach. its about time refs start ignoring his whining or giving him some penalties. whether the wheatkings are losing or winning you'll see him trying to get at the refs.

The refs being total and complete competant idiots don't help either.This league needs to basically revamp their whole reffing staff.This league has the worst refs.Wildeyes..get your a$$ up the ranks,so at least we have a decent ref in this league.

FELIX17
02-19-2006, 10:54 AM
It's pretty disheartening to watch a team that had a huge opportunity with their fate in their hands. Right from the get go, PA was flat. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Brandon being used to the long travel between games or what. But Brandon definitely looked like the fresher team. PA is so beat up right now it isn't even funny. Numerous guys are playing hurt and probably shouldn't be playing, but because of Clarks stupidity with the short roster, guys are forced to play through their injuries. Their d looks terrible with Gauthier, May, Schafer, and McDonald all playing hurt. Doucet, Chipchura, Polak all seem like they aren't 100%. I'm sure I'm missing a few more guys. And of course Ottman, Dowhay and Elder are still on the shelf. McDonald was terrible last night and really looked out of place and unsure of himself. Chipchura hasn't played well the last few games. Hellyer has stepped up his game, I have been impressed with his play of late. Trach looks like one of the few guys that hits out there. It's disappointing to watch a team with so much potential play like they have all year. Still with all that has happened, they had a chance to pull within one point of Brandon and possibly go head of them with a win against Regina tonight. I hate to say it, but if they lose tonight, it's probaby over.

Dwight Schrute
02-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Who was McCrimmon yelling at in the 3rd period? It looked like he turned around 3 or 4 times and was yelling at someone in the press booth....Clarke maybe or was he yelling at a fan. RaiderFan17 do you know???
what i thought he said was brad what the hell did he do, then something abot diving ? but i have no idea who brad would be. mcrimmon should be the last person to talk about buying refferees though. when gauthier fought mcrimmon yelled at the ref that he had to call 2, 5, and a ten then he did why gauthier got the ten is beyond me.

Dwight Schrute
02-19-2006, 11:56 AM
It's pretty disheartening to watch a team that had a huge opportunity with their fate in their hands. Right from the get go, PA was flat. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Brandon being used to the long travel between games or what. But Brandon definitely looked like the fresher team. PA is so beat up right now it isn't even funny. Numerous guys are playing hurt and probably shouldn't be playing, but because of Clarks stupidity with the short roster, guys are forced to play through their injuries. Their d looks terrible with Gauthier, May, Schafer, and McDonald all playing hurt. Doucet, Chipchura, Polak all seem like they aren't 100%. I'm sure I'm missing a few more guys. And of course Ottman, Dowhay and Elder are still on the shelf. McDonald was terrible last night and really looked out of place and unsure of himself. Chipchura hasn't played well the last few games. Hellyer has stepped up his game, I have been impressed with his play of late. Trach looks like one of the few guys that hits out there. It's disappointing to watch a team with so much potential play like they have all year. Still with all that has happened, they had a chance to pull within one point of Brandon and possibly go head of them with a win against Regina tonight. I hate to say it, but if they lose tonight, it's probaby over.

chances are if they do lose then your right and they will probably be out. the pats are coming off a huge win too, they stopped mj win streak of 11 games. wow reeves from brandon can really hit it seems like he is playing football,(i dont know if there is more to his game but...) if he would stop hittng from behind or hitting to injure (watch where he places his elbows or his knee). he could be a good player.

Dwight Schrute
02-19-2006, 12:23 PM
does anyone know what was with deckerts stick ? he changed it a couple times during the game. and why they pulled him and put in archie at then end ????

Triton
02-19-2006, 12:52 PM
does anyone know what was with deckerts stick ? he changed it a couple times during the game. and why they pulled him and put in archie at then end ????

I'm not sure about the stick.Maybe they kept cracking on him.Maybe he needed the right one to play the puck.I think Alex came in the game cause he's probably the faster goalie,and when you pull your tender for the extra attacker,you want the goalie to get to the bench as fast as possible.Maybe to also buy more time seeing as they used their timeout.

Triton
02-19-2006, 12:59 PM
chances are if they do lose then your right and they will probably be out. the pats are coming off a huge win too, they stopped mj win streak of 11 games. wow reeves from brandon can really hit it seems like he is playing football,(i dont know if there is more to his game but...) if he would stop hittng from behind or hitting to injure (watch where he places his elbows or his knee). he could be a good player.

Reaves's dad was a football player for the Winnipeg Bluebombers.Willard Reaves.There is more to Ryan's game.He's a physical presence 1st and offence second.The kid can score.I think he will get 25 goals next season.The need to use him more on the PP..park his a$$ right infront of the net.Reaves will hit anything and everything.He never fights cause well...look at him,he'll dominate you.He's a key player for our team.

Triton
02-19-2006, 05:58 PM
he cant fight he got clobbered at the start of the season here

So when you lose one fight that means you can't fight?Everyone loses fights.Even the best.Trust me he can chuck em.

FELIX17
02-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Huge win! They obviously aren't ready to roll over yet! Who's this Hellyer guy? I've seen him play 4 great games in a row. He doesn't even look like the same player. He played really well with Chipper and Byers. Great job Helly! Keep it up! With the amount of injuries on this team, what a gutsy effort by everyone. Even Depape tried to play tonight where it seemed like there was no way he'd dress. I've noticed guys are sticking up for one another with Gauthier and Byers going after players after big hits. This team does care and I hope that somehow the effort and determination pays off for these guys Once again, congrats on the well earned two points.

Dwight Schrute
02-19-2006, 09:42 PM
hats off to archie also for getting the job done!! and as everyone was talking about it being chippers b-day, it was also mike mcdonald's as well. gutsy effort by may he logged probably 20-22 min of ice time and was wincing with every step he took hope he heals quickly(does anyone know what the actual injury is?). too bad depape got hurt as he was starting to play very good.

Dwight Schrute
02-19-2006, 09:43 PM
he cant fight he got clobbered at the start of the season here
who clobbered him ?

Knuckle Chucker
02-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Huge win! They obviously aren't ready to roll over yet! Who's this Hellyer guy? I've seen him play 4 great games in a row. He doesn't even look like the same player. He played really well with Chipper and Byers. Great job Helly! Keep it up! With the amount of injuries on this team, what a gutsy effort by everyone. Even Depape tried to play tonight where it seemed like there was no way he'd dress. I've noticed guys are sticking up for one another with Gauthier and Byers going after players after big hits. This team does care and I hope that somehow the effort and determination pays off for these guys Once again, congrats on the well earned two points.

Most of the players do care and are busting their ass. The amount of guys playing hurt and through the pain is proof of that.

I have bit my tonge over all of the anti-Hellyer crap on this board this year because he was not playing up to par. Some other guys should learn to bit their tonges with all of the negative crap so they don't look so stupid when he plays well like now

Knuckle Chucker
02-20-2006, 09:23 AM
come on now. you were bitting your TONGUE all year then. and if he is as good as he is playing now p.a wouldnt have been in this hole if he played like this . i'll be the first to tell you that he is playing well over my expectations but thats because until this month he has set the bar low. i will also be the first to admit that you have stood up for him since the start. novak has also been good...ouch there i said it..lol

The whole team has underachieved (including Hellyer) so it is bold to say if one guy played better they would not be in a hole right now. The ENTIRE team should have played better. Hellyer gets singled out more because of his size. He was 2nd in goals scored during his slump.

This is high-skilled ultra-competitive hockey so it is easy to forget that most of these players are still kids with a ton of pressure on them. On top of that, we don't know what injuries they are playing with. On top of that the coach sets up the lines and sometimes they don't work.

Thanks for the spelling correction of tongue :D

FELIX17
02-20-2006, 11:50 AM
The whole team has underachieved (including Hellyer) so it is bold to say if one guy played better they would not be in a hole right now. The ENTIRE team should have played better. Hellyer gets singled out more because of his size. He was 2nd in goals scored during his slump.

This is high-skilled ultra-competitive hockey so it is easy to forget that most of these players are still kids with a ton of pressure on them. On top of that, we don't know what injuries they are playing with. On top of that the coach sets up the lines and sometimes they don't work.

Thanks for the spelling correction of tongue :D

First off, Hellyer does not get singled out because of his size, not from me anyway. When Hellyer first came in the league as a 17 year old, I was very impressed with his playmaking and ability to read the play. It bothers me when guys with the stature like Hellyer don't get a chance because of solely their size. I will agree I have been critical of Hellyer and others on this team because of their play. However, I don't believe I have just singled out Hellyer. The truth is, if you are an older guy on this team, you will be one of the first to be critized and the first to be commended when you have played well. That is the way it is. This is his third year in the league and expectations on a third year player are definitely a lot higher than a rookie or even second year player. But I also believe I'm one of the first to give acolades and praise when they have played well. Because of Hellyer being 19, he's been susceptive to criticism more so than the younger guys on the team. And now that Hellyer has played better, and I will go as far as saying he's been one of their best players of late, I have recognized his play and given him the praise and acolades he deserves. Once again, Great Job Helly! Keep it up!

I agree, most of these guys in this league are kids. We have to remember that. The fact is, it is a business and it gets worse as years go by.
As for the underachieving of this team, it has been a struggle for this team. Too much pressure was put on them right from preseason. If this was a rebuilding year, I could accept their play and their record. Well the fact is, it wasn't a rebuilding year. Next year will be. It is disappointing to watch the effort that has been put forth. But I have been supporting this team all year with my attendance to games in Swift, Regina, Saskatoon, and of course I have driven down for numerous games in PA. I am passionate about this team, or I wouldn't be posting here. As far as biting my tongue, I'm not sure what to make of that. So I will take the high road and bite my tongue in that respect, but I guarantee if this team deserves criticism or praise I will continue to comment as I see it.

Knuckle Chucker
02-20-2006, 01:57 PM
First off, Hellyer does not get singled out because of his size, not from me anyway. When Hellyer first came in the league as a 17 year old, I was very impressed with his playmaking and ability to read the play. It bothers me when guys with the stature like Hellyer don't get a chance because of solely their size. I will agree I have been critical of Hellyer and others on this team because of their play. However, I don't believe I have just singled out Hellyer. The truth is, if you are an older guy on this team, you will be one of the first to be critized and the first to be commended when you have played well. That is the way it is. This is his third year in the league and expectations on a third year player are definitely a lot higher than a rookie or even second year player. But I also believe I'm one of the first to give acolades and praise when they have played well. Because of Hellyer being 19, he's been susceptive to criticism more so than the younger guys on the team. And now that Hellyer has played better, and I will go as far as saying he's been one of their best players of late, I have recognized his play and given him the praise and acolades he deserves. Once again, Great Job Helly! Keep it up!

I agree, most of these guys in this league are kids. We have to remember that. The fact is, it is a business and it gets worse as years go by.
As for the underachieving of this team, it has been a struggle for this team. Too much pressure was put on them right from preseason. If this was a rebuilding year, I could accept their play and their record. Well the fact is, it wasn't a rebuilding year. Next year will be. It is disappointing to watch the effort that has been put forth. But I have been supporting this team all year with my attendance to games in Swift, Regina, Saskatoon, and of course I have driven down for numerous games in PA. I am passionate about this team, or I wouldn't be posting here. As far as biting my tongue, I'm not sure what to make of that. So I will take the high road and bite my tongue in that respect, but I guarantee if this team deserves criticism or praise I will continue to comment as I see it.

Great post.

I quoted you in my original post because you praised Helly for playing well not because you had carved him in the past (I don't think you have). raiderfan17 had the balls to admit that Hellyer has played well of late (I wasn't referring to him in my original post either). There are a couple of posters who have gone out of their way to carve him when he was in a slump but don't acknowledge him when he does well.

I know Mike personally (and many of the players) so it pisses me off when guys make posts about how crappy a player is or how they are not trying. Like I have said, there are many factors involved. In saying that, the players know why they are here. There is pressure to do well. If they can't handle it they can bail on the team like Tipper :spineyes:

Sabes
02-20-2006, 02:10 PM
I was one of the ones who was blasting Hellyer too, but the kid sure has stepped up his game and has been one of our best players. He is skating now and trying to make plays and it's working out very well.

Dwight Schrute
02-20-2006, 05:21 PM
i think felix was bang on when he said helly was getting slammed cause of him being a 19 year old vet who wasnt producing. for me it was frustrating to see it because at the begining of the 04/05 season he was great then got hurt then didnt play as well as he had previously. i liked how he is always willing to go in the corners and tries to hit guys and plays bigger than he is. when a team is slumping, the vets that arent producing are likely to be the ones to catch the heat from the fans, and this case was no differant. i hope he stays next year and builds off what he has accomplished in the latter part of this season. as we will have a hard time scoring next year he should be an integral part of the offense. i usually am the first to say when a guy has been playing good or vice versa. if he keeps producing this year it will go a very long way in the team making the playoffs. so keep it up hellyer.