PDA

View Full Version : Hitties

Tinner
02-18-2006, 09:36 AM
I don't know what it is but when you don't score goals your chances of winning are in the 0% range. We did not generate more than a handful of chances last night and no matter how well Lepp or Riemer play, scoring or the lack of it, is going to make the difference.

SectionNDeserter
02-18-2006, 09:49 AM
I don't know what it is but when you don't score goals your chances of winning are in the 0% range. We did not generate more than a handful of chances last night and no matter how well Lepp or Riemer play, scoring or the lack of it, is going to make the difference.Indeed, unless Swift Current loses EVERY game till the end of the season, this squad doesn't have a chance to make the playoffs with the current amount of effort they are putting forth. I think a good chunk of them have already given up on this season from the looks of it. Chapman shouldn't play another game the rest of the season--yet another breakaway goal by his man last night while he was snoozing ahead of the play (and right in the middle of a period that we were dominating), quite a momentum breaker to say the least. Smith is 10x the defenseman he is, but yet he is the one in the pressbox. I feel bad for some of the guys like Leblanc, Gillies and the Sutters. They are working harder than ever, while most of the other guys are taking the night off.

3rebels
02-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Seems like 2 out of 3 20 years olds actually try to pull their weight and in 1 case more than the required weight load. Except for a brain cramp onTuesday, Cunning is pulling his and Chappies. Lepp is doing what has to be done and well I might add. Mihalik has lapsed back to dump & pray. I really like Henry and from talking to fellow fans, I can't help but compare him to a right-shot #3 from last year. Don't get me wrong, there will never ever be another Neufer. I am saying that Hank sure has very similar moves and work ethic. The trade that brought Jordan & Josh to the Rebels was, in my mind one of the better deals this year.
:D
:groovy

GO,REBELS, GO

frontrow fan
02-19-2006, 11:06 AM
I was terribly disappointed with the game on friday nite... your never quite sure what you'll see when you get to the game...Cunning is so much fun to watch (most of the time) and Versteeg....well lets just say...most of the shifts he's out there for I just pray he doesn't "screw up" and give the puck away...We will need some heavy prayers to those hockey gods today...and hope that the right REBELS team shows up tonite and pulls off a win!! :clap:

mapletoft
02-19-2006, 09:43 PM
SectionNDeserter, I don't understand you - you are blaming Chapman now after taking aim at Versteeg for so long...You were wrong about Versteeg the whole time and now you just have to find fault with Chapman...are you gonna lay into Vandermeer soon?

...are there any positives out there for you? I would love to hear them.

SectionNDeserter
02-20-2006, 07:58 AM
SectionNDeserter, I don't understand you - you are blaming Chapman now after taking aim at Versteeg for so long...You were wrong about Versteeg the whole time and now you just have to find fault with Chapman...No, for the first 30 games or so that they had Versteeg at the point, he was BRUTAL, like someone who never even played hockey before. I understand that Sutter is obligated to make the drafted players better players(which he did to Versteeg by forcing him to play defensive), sometimes at the expense of the team, but it certainly doesn't make me wrong, nor do I have to enjoy watching it. Chapman is the new target, because in a time where we are fighting for a playoff spot, this OVERAGE player, that is supposed to be leading the team, has made a major blunder in each of our last 10 games or so that has cost us a goal, and the rest of the game he has been carried by the rookies on his line. The only positive that I can get out of Versteeg's first 30 or so games on the point, and Chapman's play of late, is all the experience that our goaltenders are getting on breakaways, and point blank shots from the slot with no coverage.

are you gonna lay into Vandermeer soon?He certainly hasn't done anything, unlike the others to deserve it, but if he did he really wouldn't have any sort of immunity--I call em as I see em.

...are there any positives out there for you? I would love to hear them.As I have mentioned numerous times, I love the work ethic of the Sutters, and am impressed with how 2 of our '88 defenseman are progressing (Egener, Berube), and I have been particularly impressed by how much LeBlanc has picked up his game, I think he will be on one of the top 2 lines next season.