PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference regular season

Section_Z
02-19-2006, 12:27 PM
After two amazing weeks, I can't see how this is not ours....
Chickens hatched and all that aside, the only real threat right now is Kelowna due to their games in hand....the 9 points on Kootenay is plenty of cushion with only 22 available points left for each team. Same goies for Everett.
However along with the advantage of games in hand, comes this disadvantage.
Starting on Wed. the 22nd, they will be 5 games in hand on us. This also means that in the last 25 days of the regular season they have 15 games left, including 2 3 in 3 weekends. Thats a long haul. They're going to need to get on a roll right away to keep their confidence up and get on a serious W streak, which is what they will need to catch us.

Beaner
02-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Kelowna does have the game in hand, but starting next week their schedule gets brutal to make up those games in hand. They have a 4 in 5 nights in 3 cities followed by 1 day off, then a 5 in 6 in 4 cities.

Thats 9 games in 12 nights which is tough in anyones books, especially when every team is fighting for playoff spots.

02-22 Spokane at Kelowna 7:00 PM
02-24 Kootenay at Kelowna 7:00 PM
02-25 Kelowna at Tri-City 7:05 PM
02-26 Kelowna at Seattle 5:05 PM

02-28 Prince George at Kelowna 7:00 PM
03-01 Spokane at Kelowna 7:00 PM
03-03 Kelowna at Vancouver 7:30 PM
03-04 Kelowna at Portland 7:00 PM
03-05 Kelowna at Everett 5:05 PM

Kelowna can still win a lot of those games, they are still that good. And they did very well in their first big road trip of the season to start the year, but this is going to be tough for them any way you cut it.

Vancouver to compare over the same time frame plays 6 games over that time frame, 4 at home, 2 in PG back to back. And I'd bet even money Toigo flys the guys to PG for that weekend set. Hopefully we get a little help and keep on winning and put the rockets out of reach soon.

The magic number to finish ahead of Kelowna is now down to 8.5 with 11 games left, thanks to the Blazers and the Giants current win streak. :clap:

Still havent won anything yet, so lets keep rolling guys and take 1st overall.

rinkrat
02-19-2006, 01:00 PM
I guess we're cheering for the Tigers vs the Hitmen tonight.I don't know if I'm capable of cheering for the Tigers. :confused:

Beaner
02-19-2006, 01:03 PM
I guess we're cheering for the Tigers vs the Hitmen tonight.I don't know if I'm capable of cheering for the Tigers. :confused:

I am but it makes me feel dirty. ;)

Jovorock
02-19-2006, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't worry about the Rockets if they play the rest of the season like they have in the last three games. They are benching vets and the team doesn't respond, have to wait and see what happens?

Beaner
02-19-2006, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't worry about the Rockets if they play the rest of the season like they have in the last three games. They are benching vets and the team doesn't respond, have to wait and see what happens?

Inconsistent is the word that comes to mind with the Rockets this year. At times unstopable, other times average at best. Why that is I have no idea. Could it be that they aren't used to not being in first or fighting for first all year?

Who knows, but the potential of Kelowna to just start winning every game is still there, and I'd rather not let up on the gas pedal.

Knuckles Muldoon
02-19-2006, 01:31 PM
The Giants schedule is so good the rest of the way, I really don't think any Western Conference team can catch us now, barring injuries.

GF71
02-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Vancouver to compare over the same time frame plays 6 games over that time frame, 4 at home, 2 in PG back to back. And I'd bet even money Toigo flys the guys to PG for that weekend set. Hopefully we get a little help and keep on winning and put the rockets out of reach soon.

They ARE flying up to PG. :clap: