PDA

View Full Version : Game worn Jersey nights

Number_4
02-19-2006, 05:05 PM
From: http://www.spokanechiefs.com/news/index.asp?id=1422

GAME WORN JERSEYS HIGHLIGHT NEXT TWO HOME GAMES
2/14/2006

The Spokane Chiefs will play back-to-back home games on Friday, February 24th and Saturday, February 25th in their next two games in the Arena. Friday is Jersey off the Back Night presented by Comcast and Saturday is Molson’s Turn Back the Clock Night.

JERSEY OFF THE BACK NIGHT PRESENTED BY COMCAST
Fans will have their only chance all season long to purchase game worn jerseys through the Jersey off the Back Night Auction during the first and second intermissions. The Chiefs will auction off all 23 player’s jerseys on the roster plus a number of former players that are on different teams.

The proceeds go to benefit the Spokane Chiefs Continuing Education Fund, which is used at the end of a player’s junior career and guarantees one year of tuition and books to a player for each season that they compete in the Western Hockey League. In addition, all education costs for current players taking college courses are paid for through the fund.

Watch Comcast or listen to Oldies 101.1 for more information.

MOLSON’S TURN BACK THE CLOCK NIGHT
Twenty fans will have the opportunity to win game worn jerseys from Molson’s Turn Back the Clock Night on Saturday, February 25th when the Chiefs host the Kootenay Ice.

The Chiefs will wear replica jerseys from the 1972 Spokane Jets as the Ice will be playing the part of the Cranbrook Royals. The Jets and Royals were longtime Western International Hockey League rivals and faced off in a seven game, first round playoff series en route to Spokane winning their second of four Allan Cup titles. The Jets won previously in 1970 and the Flyers won in 1976 and 1980.

Ten fans will be selected from entries at Molson displays at their local retailer and 10 fans will be selected from entries at the Spokane Chiefs game on the 25th.

Participants must be 21 years or older. Fans are encouraged to sign-up before February 23rd.

Watch KAYU FOX 28 or listen to 105.7 the Buzzard for more information.

Tickets for all home games are available by calling the Chiefs office at (509) 535-PUCK or TicketsWest at (800) 325-SEAT.

Jimmypop316
02-19-2006, 05:27 PM
I heard you can sign up for the jersey off hte back on saturday at yolks.. anyone know of any other places?

fightstrap50
02-19-2006, 06:39 PM
So will the ICE be wearing a retro Royals jerseys for the game? I would be very interested in some of those if they are. Can anyone find out for me as it says nothing on our web site.

Thanks

Chipper
02-19-2006, 07:30 PM
What a great idea. That will bring back alot of memories of the past. I would love to go to that game unfortunatly I have to work on saturday Maybe we can buy a copy of the game tape.

chiefgongshow
02-20-2006, 12:31 AM
So will the ICE be wearing a retro Royals jerseys for the game? I would be very interested in some of those if they are. Can anyone find out for me as it says nothing on our web site.

Thanks
The way I the article the Chiefs site posted was that it would be a jets-royals game, so Im thinking that the Ice will be wearing the retros. I also thought I heard Boyle say something during a broadcast about them Royals being in town.

nelson951
02-20-2006, 02:50 AM
Pretty cool