PDA

View Full Version : Rebels - Blades

Tinner
02-19-2006, 10:40 PM
3 power play goals............what happened? We haven't seen that in a while.

SectionNDeserter
02-20-2006, 08:05 AM
3 power play goals............what happened? We haven't seen that in a while.Wow! You are right, those were all on the power play. Kudos to the Rebels for the good PP work, but we can't leave out Rabbit and Setoguchi, this couldn't have been possible without them forgetting their brains on the bus!

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-20-2006, 04:36 PM
It was a good game played by both the Rebels and Blades, and yes the Rebels powerplay was clicking. Jim Watt Played in his 150th career WHL game(I think that he will hit the 200 game plateau next season as a 20 yr old for the Blades in his final WHL season) and Derick Price played in his 250th career WHL game,both great milestones to reach in their WHL careers :thumb: :clap: They (Price and Watt) played great and Watt kepted the game close and gave the Blades a chance to win the game and go 3 for 3 on the Alberta road trip,but they came up just short of the tie to send the game into O.T,they put on good pressure to try and score the game tying goal but did not.(winning 2 out of 3 games is still very good :groovy: )

Section N Deserter: Thankfully the Rebels did not run the score up too much :) hopefully the Rebels still are able to grab the last playoff spot though,but only time willl tell.

3rebels
02-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Great game and I kind of have to agree about Rabbit & Setigouchi?? I read the stats sheet and thought somebody made a goof. Couldn't be under 50PIM with the way those 2 were taking "stupid" penalties. Maybe just trying to get the other Blades going by playing ruff n' tuff??

GO REBELS GO
:groovy: :thumb: :bounce:

SectionNDeserter
02-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Maybe just trying to get the other Blades going by playing ruff n' tuff??Nothing ruff n' tuff about blindside elbowing a 16 year old in the head, and then scurrying off to the bench with your tail between your legs to hide while the 16 year old is challenging you to fight, instead of going after the puck to stop the play on the delayed penalty, or heaven forbid answering the bell. ;) Rabbit's penalties were mostly situations where he just wasn't skating, and hooking the Rebel players and getting dragged along--I think he was tired.