Tiger Trauma
02-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Moose Jaw
Calgary
Medicine Hat
Vancouver
Kootenay
Kelowna

With only about a dozen games left for most teams Who do you think will capture it

I was gonna only include the Tigers, Hitmen, and Giants...but it is still possible for these other teams as well

Jimmypop316
02-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Going to have to go for Vancouver, they're really crusing right now.

Tiger Trauma
02-20-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm hoping to get a ton of people voting. So people dont just vote for their own teams...(I know I'm guilty of it...but i think my team has got a great chance)

GF71
02-20-2006, 05:20 PM
I had to go with Vancouver. Seven wins in a row, all against top teams, with the exception of Seattle, but they are second in thier division. Every game they have left is winnable, and they will be flying up to Prince George on the weekend, which will help thier cause. They are on quite a roll right now.

Beaner
02-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Pains me to say it but went with the Tigers. Schedule compared to Vancouvers is easier and with the game in hand I think it will be close but they will squeak it out.

C.F
02-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Hopefully the Giants can pull it off, but I'll vote for MH.

rinkrat
02-20-2006, 10:43 PM
traders :confused:

C.F
02-20-2006, 11:59 PM
traders :confused:Nah, just giving the respect when it's due. The Tigers have one heck of a hockey club, I'll consider it an honour to be fighting it out for top spot with the Tigers. Of course, I realize the Giants are more than capable of taking top spot in the league, but I'd put money on MH.

N.W. Bruin
02-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Key is which team advances from the Eastern Conference. Giants have had no wins against Tigers in the three games (1R & 2H) but have shutout and won both games against Calgary (shut 'em down to 14 shots in Calgary). Moose Jaw only played once and lost in O/T on the road.

This week's results will be key to the race for first overall.

nelson951
02-21-2006, 12:29 AM
Giants are far enough ahead and dinged up enough to ease off at the end. Calgary and MJ will fight til the last weekend and MJ is too far back.
I pick Calgary based on their goaltending

Beaner
02-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Giants are far enough ahead and dinged up enough to ease off at the end. Calgary and MJ will fight til the last weekend and MJ is too far back.
I pick Calgary based on their goaltending

I thought about picking Calgary too, but their lack of offense has me wondering if they can do it.

bandwagonboy
02-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Pains me to say it but went with the Tigers. Schedule compared to Vancouvers is easier and with the game in hand I think it will be close but they will squeak it out.

Yup. The two road games against Calgary will be tough and the road game against the ice you can almost bank on them losing but other than that it's a really easy schedule. Other than the three games that I've mentioned the only really tough teams will be saskatoon and regina, and they'll both be home games. And so far for the most part the tigs have done well against those teams. No offence to the other teams that the Tigers are up against but the tigers are sporting much better records than those teams and if the tigs play to their potential they should win those games.

Jimmy
02-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Vancouver because I am a homer.

LifelongChiefsFan
02-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Let's go with Medicine Hat. No particular reason...had to pick someone...plus they have the best name!

Tiger Trauma
02-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Medicine Hat, calgary or vancouver...all very good teams. Calgary definitly has the goaltending..vancouver got the speed...the tigers have a fast all around game, as does vancouver. I cant really see any team going on a losing streak. Will be a battle to the end

Bran
02-23-2006, 10:44 PM
That's tough! I'm gonna go with the Tigers, just because. Medicine Hat, Calgary or Vancouver could all take it though.

peatfan
02-24-2006, 04:35 AM
Close battle between the top 3. Agree with Nelson that Giants will rest some players down the stretch so might lose two or three points because of that. I'll take Pogge to win it for Calgary beating Hat by one point and Giants by three. It'll be a classice finals in the east, west and overall. Regardless of who wins the WHL, we will have a great rep & will win the Memorial Cup. :groovy: