PDA

View Full Version : Cody Vann - Big Fight

Drop em' eh
02-21-2006, 11:31 AM
I heard from my reliable sources, that in the Thrasher's last game in Thompson, Manitoba, Cody Vann just destroyed Norman's big goon. Their 6'6" 220 pounder suckered Vann (6'3" 200) he dropped his gloves and with his first punch he broke the cage off the guys helmet, sent it flying, then he dropped him with the next punch, and then gave him an upper cut that sent the guy's lid flying off. Apparantly the guy was bleeding pretty bad too. I'm also told that this is Vann's third fight in the last two years, and he handled the other two without any problem.

I just thought I would share that with you guys, seeing how he is a Raider with a good chance of being there next year. I'm not saying he could do this in the Dub, though, but he is a strong 16 year old kid who likes to play it physical.

FELIX17
02-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Vann now has 184 pims. PA has a few guys coming up that like the pims. They have a promising team down the road with a combination of scorers and physical players.

Dwight Schrute
02-21-2006, 02:20 PM
good for him these kids shouldnt take crap. it looks like trachs season is done on thursday night. so i hope he will be up for the rest of the year.looks like tendlers season will be done on sunday maybe he will get a look-see. smiths team made the playoffs though.and either lepp's season or lamb's could be done this weekend too, as they play each other n the playoffs this weekend.

Knuckle Chucker
02-21-2006, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=raiderfan17]vann tried to fight the last game here and took a penalty and never saw the ice again that game. i like the way all our young guys play. trach is mean and can play at this level already, palazzo is as grumpy as they come, lepp racks up the pims, gross can do it all , and smith also. tendler is also a big kid it will be nice when we see what he can do[/QUOTE

Trach layed that big hit against Swift Current. They chased him down and ripped off his helmet. He was just smiling. I love that cockyness

Dwight Schrute
02-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Trach layed that big hit against Swift Current. They chased him down and ripped off his helmet. He was just smiling. I love that cockyness[/QUOTE]
that was such a great hit that kids gonna be great

Triton
02-21-2006, 03:41 PM
Trach layed that big hit against Swift Current. They chased him down and ripped off his helmet. He was just smiling. I love that cockyness
that was such a great hit that kids gonna be great[/QUOTE]

I don't think he'll be a superstar..you never know though,but I think he'll be like a Jon Kress type player that can do it all without putting up huge #'s.

Dwight Schrute
02-21-2006, 03:43 PM

I don't think he'll be a superstar..you never know though,but I think he'll be like a Jon Kress type player that can do it all without putting up huge #'s.[/QUOTE]
really ? i think he has more of an upside than kress. he has a lot to learn but he's pretty good for a 15 year old

FELIX17
02-21-2006, 03:51 PM

I don't think he'll be a superstar..you never know though,but I think he'll be like a Jon Kress type player that can do it all without putting up huge #'s.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, he'll be more of an impact player than Jon Kress. Kress barely made the team as a 17 year old and saw limited duty. He was released as a 20 year old. Trach is still only listed as a 15 year old and has played very well. Trach hits, makes plays, and can score goals in bunches. Jordan Trach will be a huge component of this team down the road. Andy Smith (who was an absolute steal in the Bantam draft in the 6th round), will also be an impact player in this league. Looking forward to seeing Vann, Trach, Smith, Gross, Lepp, Vigier, Tendler, Lamb, Oak, and Aime in a Raider uniform in the future.

Triton
02-21-2006, 03:51 PM
He does have upside,and more than Kress,but I don't think Trach will put up big numbers.Maybe Byers type #'s.I think he's like Kress in the fact that he'll give you it all on every shift.Hit everything in sight,kill penalties,work the PP,hard forecheck,skate hard and occasionally drop the mitts,while potting a few goals.

Dwight Schrute
02-21-2006, 06:53 PM
trach will be every bit as good as colliton was only with a more physical side. it would be nice if he got to play with chipchura the rest of the year
the more time he gets with chipper and byers the better. keep him away from polak though dont wanna see him pick up his habits

Zookeeper
02-21-2006, 08:17 PM
He does have upside,and more than Kress,but I don't think Trach will put up big numbers.Maybe Byers type #'s.I think he's like Kress in the fact that he'll give you it all on every shift.Hit everything in sight,kill penalties,work the PP,hard forecheck,skate hard and occasionally drop the mitts,while potting a few goals.

Maybe Byers type of #'s??????? Byers has 20 G and 22A, I think these are good numbers. He is tied for the team lead in points. If Trach can put these numbers up, he will be a key player for the Raiders.

Triton
02-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Maybe Byers type of #'s??????? Byers has 20 G and 22A, I think these are good numbers. He is tied for the team lead in points. If Trach can put these numbers up, he will be a key player for the Raiders.

Byers hasn't been a 20 goal scorer his whole WHL career.He worked at it.Trach will be along the same pace as Byers I think,from when his rookie season to 19 years old.I just don't expect a ton from new guys right away who are highly touted.DePape has been a disaster so far in his WHL career.Colliton put up ok #'s and Chipchura has yet to put up any big figures,BUT has been a big part of a struggling team,and was named captain for Canada.Chipper is important to this team don't get me wrong.

Dwight Schrute
02-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Byers hasn't been a 20 goal scorer his whole WHL career.He worked at it.Trach will be along the same pace as Byers I think,from when his rookie season to 19 years old.I just don't expect a ton from new guys right away who are highly touted.DePape has been a disaster so far in his WHL career.Colliton put up ok #'s and Chipchura has yet to put up any big figures,BUT has been a big part of a struggling team,and was named captain for Canada.Chipper is important to this team don't get me wrong.
a disaster ??? not very often i disagree with you but this is one instance where i do.depape had a decent 16 year old season. this year like the entire team (except byers) he has under achieved. but depape isnt a star and was never projected as one. he scores greasy gritty goals. he is physical and isnt afraid to drop his mitts (as i am sure riley day will attest to) depape has played very good as of late and has really had a dissapointing year. he is 17 and has a lot of games left in his whl career. power forwards usually take longer to develop. i think its a little early to write him off considering he really hasnt been all that bad

Triton
02-21-2006, 10:22 PM
a disaster ??? not very often i disagree with you but this is one instance where i do.depape had a decent 16 year old season. this year like the entire team (except byers) he has under achieved. but depape isnt a star and was never projected as one. he scores greasy gritty goals. he is physical and isnt afraid to drop his mitts (as i am sure riley day will attest to) depape has played very good as of late and has really had a dissapointing year. he is 17 and has a lot of games left in his whl career. power forwards usually take longer to develop. i think its a little early to write him off considering he really hasnt been all that bad

Lets put something into perspective for a moment...Depape drafted 4th overall in 2003 ahead of players such as Reese,Dansereau,Pyett,Bartley,McCrae,Holloway,just to name a few who are having pretty good seasons.Andy Smith drafted 117th in the 6th round in 2004.Smith who has 3 WHL games under his belt has 3 goals in 3 games.Depape who is in his second full season in the WHL has 6 goals in 55 games and is -26.

Some other players drafted way long after Depape was picked who are having great seasons in their second year:

3 46 Brett Sutter
7 130 Tim Kraus
8 149 Riley Holzapfel
2 24 Ty Wishart
5 82 Mitch Fadden

Just to name a few.No knock against Depape as a person or player but he's kinda been a bust so far.Like everytime we draft someone within the top 10,we have to wait till he's 19 to make an impact in this league?Once again no knock on Depape,but more or less I think it's either the scouting that has to go or the coaching staff who haven't properly developed Ryan.Depape works his ass off and has struggled,but do we always settle for mediocracy?

Dwight Schrute
02-21-2006, 11:43 PM
as we all know drafting is not an exact science and at the time they took the best player available. shaefer in round 9, may in round 7, deckert beauchemin undrafted list players. the scouting is ok not great but ok. you never know what will happen with a bantam pick.the kid works and does anything asked of him. drafting is a risk. in 95 edmonton could have had hometown boy jarome iginla but they picked steve kelly(bust). to call his whl career a disaster isnt fair. as far as his +/- well thelen isnt far behind. i have seen more then a few times where he comes off the bench takes two steps and the other team scores, or comes out of the box and steps on the ice and scores. a good chunk of the +/- being higher than others is anholts fault. how often does he give depapes line a face off in the offensive zone ? never these kids work grind it out get it to centre ice dump it in and get off for a change. these kids arent allowed in the o-zone it seems.

nivek_wahs
02-22-2006, 05:02 AM
deckert beauchemin undrafted list players.

Jesse Deckert was originally drafted 172nd overall in the 2001 Bantam Draft by the Pats. :thumb:

Drop em' eh
02-22-2006, 09:37 AM
vann tried to fight the last game here and took a penalty and never saw the ice again that game. i like the way all our young guys play. trach is mean and can play at this level already, palazzo is as grumpy as they come, lepp racks up the pims, gross can do it all , and smith also. tendler is also a big kid it will be nice when we see what he can do

Yeah your thinking of Trach, that was a nice hit! The kids got some muscle behind him already for a 15 year old. I hope we make the playoffs but it sounds like a lot of ue are looking forward to next year already. I'm one of them, I can't wait to see what the young guys will be able to do next year, in addition to our veterans.

Triton
02-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Yeah your thinking of Trach, that was a nice hit! The kids got some muscle behind him already for a 15 year old. I hope we make the playoffs but it sounds like a lot of ue are looking forward to next year already. I'm one of them, I can't wait to see what the young guys will be able to do next year, in addition to our veterans.

I think the team will go through some difficult growing pains next season.Just my honest opinion.

Dwight Schrute
02-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Jesse Deckert was originally drafted 172nd overall in the 2001 Bantam Draft by the Pats. :thumb:
my bad i should have worded it better. we got deckert as a list player

Zookeeper
02-22-2006, 04:54 PM
I think the team will go through some difficult growing pains next season.Just my honest opinion.

They can not do any worse than this year. I think the team will be entertaining to watch next year. Lot of promising talent coming up.