PDA

View Full Version : big game vs moose jaw tonight.

Dwight Schrute
02-22-2006, 02:50 PM
RAIDER GAME NOTES
WARRIORS AT RAIDERS
Wednesday, February 22, 2006

HOCKEY TOWN NORTH REPORT: The Raiders posted their 3rd win in 4 games played last week on Sunday when they handled the Regina Pats 4-1 at the Art Hauser Centre…Saturday they suffered their only loss of the week, 3-1 at home to Brandon…The Raiders have won 4 of their past 5 starts and are 5-3 in February…Sunday's win improved the Raiders record to 21-28-1-9 (14-13-0-4 at home, 7-15-1-5 on the road) for 52 points, 5th in the WHL East three points behind the Wheat Kings, with the Raiders enjoying a game in hand…Tonight starts another stretch of 3 games in 4 nights for the Raiders…Sunday Prince Albert exploded for three first period goals against the Pats and added another in the second to go up 4-0 after forty minutes…The Pats broke the shut out bid with just over 4 minutes left in regulation time…Shots on goal Sunday were even 23-23…Of the Raiders combined 38 losses, 22 have been by 1 goal (including empty nets)…They are 14-22 in games decided by 1 goal…The Raiders are tied for second in the WHL in overtime games with 16 - they are 2-1 in games decided in OT and 4-9 in shoot outs…The Raiders are tied with the Wheat Kings as the 9th most penalized team in the league averaging 20.2 minutes/game…The Raiders are on pace to score 173 goals this season, which would establish a franchise record for least goals in a season (they scored 185 last year and in 02-03)…The Raiders have 21 players on their roster - 2 goaltenders, 6 defencemen & 13 forwards…The Raiders have 3 20 year-olds, 6 19 year-olds, 4 18 year-olds, 7 17 year-olds, & 1 16 year-old.

SPECIAL TEAMS: For the sixth straight game the Raiders connected on the power play Sunday going 2/5 against Regina…They are 12/43 (27.9%) in the past 6 games on the power play…Overall the Raiders are 53/310 on the power play (17.1% - 10th in the league)…Regina did not score on 5 power play chances Sunday as the Raiders have killed 27 straight power plays against over the past 6 games allowing just 2 PP goals against in 34 tries (94.1%) in those games…Overall PA has given up 46 power play goals in 324 chances (85.8 % - 6th in the league)…The Raiders have scored 5 short handed goals and given up 12 short handed against, after giving up 4 short handed against all of the 04-05 season.

UPCOMING GAMES: Lethbridge Hurricanes make their first visit of the season to Prince Albert Friday which concludes a stretch of 11 of 12 games at the AHC…The Raiders are in Saskatoon Saturday…Sunday they take part in their 3rd annual Family Pizza Skills Competition at 2 PM at the AHC…Next week they head to Moose Jaw Tuesday, then they have back to back games in Brandon Mar.1 & Mar.3…Of the Raiders 13 remaining games, including tonight, 5 are at home and 8 are on the road.

VS. THE WARRIORS: This is the 7th of eight meetings between the Raiders and Warriors this season with the Warriors leading the series 5-1-0-0…The only Raider win was in the Warriors last visit to Hockey Town North, 2-0 Dec.6…Moose Jaw spoiled the Raiders home opener winning 5-2 Sept.23, then beat them 6-2 Nov.2…The Warriors are perfect at home against the Raiders, blanking them 4-0 Oct.22, winning by 4-1 scores both Dec.13 and Jan.25…The final meeting of the season between these teams is in MJ Feb.28.

DRAFTED PLAYERS: A.J. Thelen - Minnesota '04 (1st round, 12th overall), Kyle Chipchura - Montreal '04 (1st round, 18th overall), Dane Byers - Rangers '04 (2nd round, 48th overall), Evan Schafer - Florida '04 (4th round, 105th overall), Aki Seitsonen - Calgary '04 (4th round, 118th overall), Jeff May - Detroit '05 (5th round, 151st overall), Mike Gauthier - St. Louis '05 (6th round, 169th overall).

INJURY REPORT: Brent Ottmann Foot (indefinite), Jarrid Dowhay Concussion (week to week), Josh Elder Ear (indefinite), Ryan DePape Hip (day to day), Jeff May Ankle (day to day), Scott Doucet Shoulder (day to day), Michal Polak Foot (day to day), Ashton Hewson Chest (day to day).

RAIDER NOTES: Brett Novak ties the all time record for games played by a Raider tonight with his 318th (Shane Zulyniak played 318 from 1990 -95)…Novak extended his consecutive game goal scoring streak to 3 with a marker Sunday and also extended his consecutive game point streak to 4 (3G, 1A)…Aki Seistonen, Kyle Chipchura and Dane Byers also scored against the Pats with assists to Chipchura (3), Mike Hellyer (2), Byers (2) and A.J.Thelen …Alex Archibald picked up his second straight home ice win stopping 22 of 23 Regina shots…Sunday was Peter Anholt's 888th game coaching in the WHL, moving him one game ahead of Jack Shupe for 4th all time in league history…Jesse Deckert is 10th in the WHL in GAA (2.53) and tied for 10th in Save Percentage (.914)…Byers has taken over the team lead in scoring (45 pts.), one more than Hellyer and Chipchura…Byers also leads the team in PIMs (137) ahead of Mike Gauthier (134)…Thelen is tied for 15th in the league in rookie scoring and is 17th in scoring among defencemen (30 pts.)…Brent Ottmann suffered a foot injury Jan.20 and has missed the past 11 games...The Raiders currently have 8 players on their injured list with Ottmann, Dowhay and Elder not available for tonight's game…The other five (Ryan DePape, Jeff May, Scott Doucet, Michal Polak and Ashton Hewson) listed as day to day…16 year-old centre Andy Smith is back in the lineup as an Affiliate Player tonight from the Moose Jaw AAA Midget Warriors…Smith has appeared in 3 games with 3 goals…17 year old centre Rod Lavoie will play their fifth straight game and 11th this season with the Raiders as an Affiliate Player…Lavoie plays for the Prince George Spruce Kings (BC Junior Hockey League).

Dwight Schrute
02-22-2006, 03:00 PM
after losing against swift current last night moose jaw should come out firing tonight. the raiders are currently 3 points behind brandon with one game in hand (wheaties lost last night.) if the raiders can win tonight (which will be tough) it would go a long way. brandon plays a much weaker team tonight in lethbridge. any word on who will dress and who will sit ? on a roster of 18 skaters we have 8 injured. smith and lavioe will play tonight. lets hope the boys have a good night and continue to show the heart they did against regina on sunday. us fans really do appreciate the effort being put out with the depleted roster and the injuries and the excellent play of our AP players. good luck boys steal a win.

Triton
02-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Brandon's only up 3 pts with the Raiders having 1 game in hand.

GO! WARRIORS GO! :clap: :thumb:

Dwight Schrute
02-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Brandon's only up 3 pts with the Raiders having 1 game in hand.

GO! WARRIORS GO! :clap: :thumb:
my bad .. i edited it

Dwight Schrute
02-22-2006, 03:17 PM
and congrats to novak for game # 318 in a raider uniform tonight. 3 goals in his last 3 games.... let hope ke keeps it up as he should know he doesnt have many games left

FELIX17
02-22-2006, 04:22 PM
any word on who will dress and who will sit ?

At practice yesterday, Doucet was on a line with Hewson and Depape. Depape looked OK, but you could tell he was hurting. May didn't skate along with Polak. I would expect all 5 of those guys in the lineup tonight. Having Smith back is huge! Hopefully they can pull off a win if they play like they did on Sunday, anything can happen. Go Raiders!

Triton
02-22-2006, 04:31 PM
any word on who will dress and who will sit ?

At practice yesterday, Doucet was on a line with Hewson and Depape. Depape looked OK, but you could tell he was hurting. May didn't skate along with Polak. I would expect all 5 of those guys in the lineup tonight. Having Smith back is huge! Hopefully they can pull off a win if they play like they did on Sunday, anything can happen. Go Raiders!

I might have to suit up.I could make an impact...for the Wheatkings..LOL :clap:

Drop em' eh
02-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Heres hoping Hellyer and the rest of the vets can keep it going and get a little help from the supporting cast and AP's. Is it going to another game with a short bench? It won't be easy, but it's desperation time from here on in. Have'nt seen the Jaw yet this year, should be a good game.

Dwight Schrute
02-22-2006, 11:28 PM
wow too bad. i knew a win would be tough tonight but.... this was pretty dissapointing. the play of andy smith was one of the few bright spots. and mcdonald palazzo and shaefer were all taking shifts on the wing too why ???
the game was hard to watch. what really poors salt on the wound was the jones soccer style kick in goal. the raiders goal was beautiful though.

Zookeeper
02-23-2006, 12:10 AM
wow too bad. i knew a win would be tough tonight but.... this was pretty dissapointing. the play of andy smith was one of the few bright spots. and mcdonald palazzo and shaefer were all taking shifts on the wing too why ???
the game was hard to watch. what really poors salt on the wound was the jones soccer style kick in goal. the raiders goal was beautiful though.
That just shows what kind of season we are having. It was clearly kicked in. Who couldn't of seen it was kicked in!! Again, teh ref. was terrible. What makes this worse is Brandon won again...

Triton
02-23-2006, 08:59 AM
What makes this worse is Brandon won again...

Yay Brandon...YAY Moose Jaw! :clap: I knew they'd win. :bounce:

Knuckle Chucker
02-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Yay Brandon...YAY Moose Jaw! :clap: I knew they'd win. :bounce:

Man you are confused or you have me confused. When you talk about the Raiders you use words like "we" in some posts and in others (like this one) you cheer for Moose Jaw because it helps Brandon.

I would find that hard to do. I hate the Wheat Kings so maybe that is why I have a problem with it. I wouldn't cross the street to piss on McCrimmon if he was on fire

FELIX17
02-23-2006, 04:23 PM
Man you are confused or you have me confused. When you talk about the Raiders you use words like "we" in some posts and in others (like this one) you cheer for Moose Jaw because it helps Brandon.

I would find that hard to do. I hate the Wheat Kings so maybe that is why I have a problem with it. I wouldn't cross the street to piss on McCrimmon if he was on fire

LOL!! :clap: canadian eh, I still can't understand how you cheer for Brandon but have lived in PA for all these years. What's the deal?

Triton
02-23-2006, 04:24 PM

Ok let me explain this for the millionth time on here.My uncle was a Raider and I have lived here all my life.I have been a season ticket holder since I was 4...so basically almost 20 years.I'm a Raider fan,but I also have ties to the Brandon organization which is a long story,so thats where me being a Wheatking fan comes in.I cheer for the Raiders EXCEPT when they play my Wheatkings.I cheer for both and follow both but when they meet I root for Brandon.Since both P.A and Brandon are battling for the playoffs,Brandon comes first.Do you understand?I know it's complicated but I do have my reasons.I also wouldn't cross the street to piss on Kelly.

FELIX17
02-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Ok let me explain this for the millionth time on here.My uncle was a Raider and I have lived here all my life.I have been a season ticket holder since I was 4...so basically almost 20 years.I'm a Raider fan,but I also have ties to the Brandon organization which is a long story,so thats where me being a Wheatking fan comes in.I cheer for the Raiders EXCEPT when they play my Wheatkings.I cheer for both and follow both but when they meet I root for Brandon.Since both P.A and Brandon are battling for the playoffs,Brandon comes first.Do you understand?I know it's complicated but I do have my reasons.I also wouldn't cross the street to piss on Kelly.

I understand. I had never heard the story. Who's your uncle? I no longer live in PA, for about 12 years now, but I can't cheer for the Blades, never will. I still attend a lot of games here in Saskatoon because of my love for WHL hockey.

Triton
02-23-2006, 04:36 PM
I understand. I had never heard the story. Who's your uncle? I no longer live in PA, for about 12 years now, but I can't cheer for the Blades, never will. I still attend a lot of games here in Saskatoon because of my love for WHL hockey.

My uncle is Brian Pellerin.Currently the assistant coach of the Winterhawks.He was a raider from 87-88 to 90-91.

Dwight Schrute
02-23-2006, 04:50 PM
man i love that line. kelly mccrimmon is the perfect example of whats wrong with junior hockey. i wonder if he got beat up a lot when he played, or yelled and whined as much as he does now.

Triton
02-23-2006, 05:16 PM
man i love that line. kelly mccrimmon is the perfect example of whats wrong with junior hockey. i wonder if he got beat up a lot when he played, or yelled and whined as much as he does now.

He may be annoying,but he goes to war for his players..that I admire.He's one of the leagues best GM's but a average coach.I'd still want him on my side anyday over Anholt.

Knuckle Chucker
02-23-2006, 06:24 PM

:laugh: :thumb: PM me your connection to Brandon if you don't what it in a public forum.

Knuckle Chucker
02-23-2006, 06:30 PM
He may be annoying,but he goes to war for his players..that I admire.He's one of the leagues best GM's but a average coach.I'd still want him on my side anyday over Anholt.

I agree. He is a very good GM. He has put together many good teams. I just don't like his smug attitude. Look at Moose Jaw's coaches......they have a hell of a good team. You rarely hear a peep out of the coaches. The players have the same business-like attitude. I find that most of the Brandon players have the same cocky attitude as McCrimmon.

Triton
02-24-2006, 09:31 AM
[/B]

LOL!! :clap: canadian eh, I still can't understand how you cheer for Brandon but have lived in PA for all these years. What's the deal?

What about you..lol.You live in Saskatoon and cheer for the Raiders.Same thing with me and Brandon living in P.A.

FELIX17
02-24-2006, 09:48 AM
What about you..lol.You live in Saskatoon and cheer for the Raiders.Same thing with me and Brandon living in P.A.

My buddies here in Saskatoon are huge Blades fans, most of my co-workers are as well. Maybe it's the PA in me, but for some reason I get a rise out of bugging Blades fans especially when they're losing. This year I've had to bear a lot of ribbing from the guys, but it's all in good fun. I think they're still trying to get back at me for the 7 win season the Blades had a few years ago. I drove a lot of Blades fans nuts and enjoyed doing it.

Dwight Schrute
02-24-2006, 12:45 PM
My buddies here in Saskatoon are huge Blades fans, most of my co-workers are as well. Maybe it's the PA in me, but for some reason I get a rise out of bugging Blades fans especially when they're losing. This year I've had to bear a lot of ribbing from the guys, but it's all in good fun. I think they're still trying to get back at me for the 7 win season the Blades had a few years ago. I drove a lot of Blades fans nuts and enjoyed doing it.
lol i knew one of the guys who played on the blades during their 7 win season. lol to this day im sure he is embarassed about that year.