PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointing loss

Sput
02-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Some said it was a good fast action game....I thought it was a bit of a snoozer myself. The pace was there, fast game with not a lot of whistles. Other than the first penalties on Zimmer/Suare(?) Pat Smith actually did a pretty good job of letting the teams play. Just a comment....how can Suare almost take a guy's head off on the boards, not get a penalty and on the insuing fight Zimmer gets 2-5-10? But other than that it was a well called game.

Couldn't really blame any of the goals on Bowles. The first one a 'Hawk was left all alone in front on the pp. The second changed directions about three times and Scotty just couldn't react that fast, and the third was a blown play at center and the D got caught going the wrong way.

Highlight of the night was the two fights, that unfortunatly I missed. :( Sometimes you just wish you had a cathater bag. :spineyes:

Time to regroup and get set for Vancouver this weekend. We need at minimum a split, but would love to see a sweep this time in the doubleheader.

Oh....actually the highlight of the night was just before the anthems. ALL the Cougars are sporting mohawks, and some of various colours. On the post game Vandecamp commented that he was going to do something, maybe not a mohawk because he's afriad if he cut it off, it might not grow back. He did say Stu was going to go for it before the weekend though. I'm sure his wife is gonna love that! :spineyes:

Cougar Guy
02-23-2006, 08:57 PM
I thought it was a terrible effort from the Cougars . . . at least the first period, most of the second and parts of the third. Definitely not the kind of effort I expected from a team that has sliiped to 5th and playing one of their games in hand against a team that we should beat on home ice. These are the kinds of games that could haunt us come mid March.

I did get a kick out of Zimmer's Tito Santana impression with the flying forearm shot . . . that was a beauty although I have no idea how he didn't get called for it. Oh well . . . ARIBA!