PDA

View Full Version : W'kings prospects honored

Triton
02-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Winnipeg, Manitoba -- Two Brandon Wheat Kings' prospects have been recognized by the Manitoba AAA Midget Hockey League for having outstanding 2005-06 seasons.

Southwest Cougars forward Cale Jefferies of Glenboro, will share the League's Most Sportsmanlike award with Connor Appleyard of the Interlake Lightning.

Jefferies played all 40 regular season games for the Cougars this season, scoring 20 goals and 49 points while being assessed a total of just ten minutes in penalties.

Two other awards were also announced on Wednesday and it was Nathan Green of the Winnipeg Wild finishing the season on top of the scoring race with 83 points.

Green was a fourth round selection (67th overall) of the Wheat Kings in the 2004 Western Hockey League bantam draft. Jefferies meanwhile was chosen in the ninth round (164th overall).

Hat Trick
02-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Green should be able to make the transition to the team next year, as there looks like there will be a couple of spots open. He's a goal scorer.

Triton
02-23-2006, 03:00 PM
I know I'm excited about next year and the years after.We have some great prospects doing good things,and I'm looking forward to seeing those good things in the WHL for the W'kings.Just to name a few:

Sanfred King
Nathan Green
Morgan MacLean
Jordan Hale
Cale Jeffries
Joe Caliguiri
Alexandrer Grill (best name)
Brandon Lockerby
Andrew Hayes
Jay Fehr
Matt Smith
Colby Robak
David Toews
Christian Chivilo
Lucas Mikkelsen

Dwight Schrute
02-23-2006, 04:40 PM
I know I'm excited about next year and the years after.We have some great prospects doing good things,and I'm looking forward to seeing those good things in the WHL for the W'kings.Just to name a few:

Sanfred King
Nathan Green
Morgan MacLean
Jordan Hale
Cale Jeffries
Joe Caliguiri
Alexandrer Grill (best name)
Brandon Lockerby
Andrew Hayes
Jay Fehr
Matt Smith
Colby Robak
David Toews
Christian Chivilo
Lucas Mikkelsen

how many of them are from manitoba ?

Joe Hallenback
02-23-2006, 09:30 PM
9 of them are

Green is pretty small but if he can adjust he has a good shot at becoming a real goal scorer.

Sanfred King has really picked up his game and is coming into his own this season. He has added some size and should be coming to camp next season close to 6'2 190. Really excited about him. We may have gotten a steal here.

Triton
02-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Sanfred King-Brandon,Manitoba
Nathan Green-Winnipeg,Manitoba
Morgan MacLean-Grande Prairie,Alberta
Jordan Hale-??
Cale Jeffries-Glenbor,Manitoba
Joe Caliguiri-Winnipeg,Manitoba
Alexander Grill (best name)-??
Brandon Lockerby-Douglas,Manitoba
Andrew Hayes-Edmonton,Alberta
Jay Fehr-Morden,Manitoba
Matt Smith-Debden,Saskatchewan
Colby Robak-Gilbert Plains,Manitoba
David Toews-Winnipeg,Manitoba
Christian Chivilo-Landon,Alberta
Lucas Mikkelsen-Alberta

Hallenback,do you know anything about Hale and Grill?Where they are from and what their stats look like?What team do they play for?

Triton
02-23-2006, 09:38 PM
Will Davis Toews play here seeing as it's close to home?Or will he go to Sioux?

Joe Hallenback
02-23-2006, 10:31 PM
I know next to nothing about Grill only that he plays Midget in Calgary. Hale is a big tough center for Red Deer midget. I think were going to like his style of play next season. Hopefully he can fight hes already 6'3 210 so hopefully he adds an inch or 2 and about 20 pounds.

Toews will go the college route like his brother. He is not as good as his brother but is still a very good player.

Joe Hallenback
02-23-2006, 10:35 PM
I have watched Sanfred play about 4 times this season and he just keeps getting better and better. He is so good with the puck. Him and Lockeby play really well together so hopefully they can bring that chemistry to the wheaties next season. Id like to see a big Hale on a 4th line with Lockerby and King. Would be a good energy line with Hale providing some protection.

Triton
02-24-2006, 09:26 AM
.Toews will go the college route like his brother. He is not as good as his brother but is still a very good player.

But if any team can sway David's decision it's Brandon and Kelly.The only team that David said he would play for is Brandon,so we may see him.I know his mom wants him to play in the WHL,she's made that perfectly clear.But what a steal if he comes.6th rounder in which we had two in that round so basically we could possibly get a good player for nothing really.And if he doesn't show..no biggie either.

I think Grill will be a awesome player in this league.Doesn't hurt to have the best name either..I can see it now..Bruce Leubke.."Alexander Grill's him up along the boards".Sounds good.