PDA

View Full Version : Raider Prospects

Triton
02-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Raider property,David Aime of the Winnipeg Thrashers captured the goaltending award, posting a league-best 1.87 goals against average.

FELIX17
02-23-2006, 03:57 PM
A couple other guys to mention:

James Dowbrowolski, Raider's 3rd round pick last year, 34 games played, 9 goals, 3 assists for 12 points and 14 pims for Okanagan in BC Midget.
Stephan Vigier, Raider's 8th round pick last year, 37 games played, 11 goals, 33 assists for 44 points and 28 pims for Pembina in MMAAAHL.
Blaine Tendler, Raider's 2nd round pick last year, 20 games played, 1 goal, 1 assist for 2 points for Notre Dame in SMAAAHL.
Kyle Aschim, Raider's 7th round pick last year, 33 games played, 1 goal, 7 assists for 8 points and 20 pims for Blazers in SMAAAHL.

Triton
02-23-2006, 08:51 PM
i am a little dissapointed in what tendlers stats are

He's a real good stay at home type D-man.Won't get alot of points but real reliable on the backend with few mistakes.Doesn't gamble and plays a smart game.Something the Raider blueline has been missing.

Dwight Schrute
02-24-2006, 12:42 AM
gauthiers pretty goog stay at home and schafer is supposed to be.. :laugh:
gautheir actually has played pretty good this year i think. he has cut down on dumb penalties, he should be even better next year. the best gauthier memory for me was when he fought 19 year old 6'8" lane manson as a 16 year old and won.

Wildeyes
02-24-2006, 01:05 AM
just hopefully they can play here in PA and bring what they achevied in there AAA leagues

Sabes
02-24-2006, 01:48 AM
gautheir actually has played pretty good this year i think. he has cut down on dumb penalties, he should be even better next year. the best gauthier memory for me was when he fought 19 year old 6'8" lane manson as a 16 year old and won.

Mine is when he 1 punched Mike O'Dwyer

FELIX17
02-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Shane Malone played 4 games for the Raider's this year. He has played 32 games in BC Midget and has 6 goals and 14 assists for 20 points and 42 pims. He's 6'3", 201 lbs and plays defence. Might have a shot of making the team next year as a 17 year old.

FELIX17
02-24-2006, 09:38 AM
probably should have had a shot this year ..on a side note lavoie probably shouldnt be in this league imo. what do you think

From what I've seen from his second tour with PA, I would have to agree with you. He tries hard, but I don't see him as a fit for the Raider's. If PA does decide to keep him for next year, I hope I'm proven wrong on that point.

Dwight Schrute
02-24-2006, 12:52 PM
From what I've seen from his second tour with PA, I would have to agree with you. He tries hard, but I don't see him as a fit for the Raider's. If PA does decide to keep him for next year, I hope I'm proven wrong on that point.
he tries hard and can skate ok i thought he was feistier during the first part of the year. reminded me of a less scrappy jordan morgan. most he will ever be is a 4th line energy guy. how good he can be in that role is a good question. he hasnt embarassed himself playing in the dub.

Dwight Schrute
02-24-2006, 11:06 PM
watch him more closely and you will see he doesnt anticapate the play or react quickly enough to even be a good checker its to bad because he is a decent sized guy who skates alright
so you think its more of his hockey sense and the mental part of the game that he is lacking ? i would agree with that.

Dwight Schrute
02-24-2006, 11:21 PM
yah he can skate and shoot ,but he isnt good on the forecheck. backcheck, pp,pk, or on offence or defense :) i guess there isnt much more to say i notice he didnt dress tonight i would be suprised if he isnt released when everyone is healthy or next year
he was sent back to the pg spruce kings. he played all 5 of his ap games. he cant play any more till his team is done for the year

Sabes
02-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Looks like they called up Blaine Tendler, he is on the roster wearing number 7.

FELIX17
02-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Good! I knew it was a matter of time before he got a look with the team. I thought he played well in preseason with the team. I'm hoping from all I have read, he was a steal in the second round. After last weekend's display, they need to win these games this week. In Moose Jaw Tuesday and a huge 2 game series with Brandon and then back for Saturday night in PA against Lethbridge. Can they win all these games? Not likely, but they can beat Brandon at home. They definitely need both wins in Brandon. PA played like S*** in Saskatoon and the Blades mascot smelled like S***! If I was a kid, I wouldn't be going anywhere near that thing!

Triton
02-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Well Trach netted his first WHL..but in a blowout loss to the Warriors.

FELIX17
03-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Raider's have added Daniel Lepp to their roster for the game against Brandon on Friday. He will wear #24. Hopefully he can add some physical play and spark the Raider's to within one point of the 4th place Wheat Kings!

Dwight Schrute
03-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Raider's have added Daniel Lepp to their roster for the game against Brandon on Friday. He will wear #24. Hopefully he can add some physical play and spark the Raider's to within one point of the 4th place Wheat Kings!
so does this mean they will lose polak for friday nights game ? why not call up a few more as they can dress a couple more.