PDA

View Full Version : Big game tonight, good tunes only!

proudsince86
02-24-2006, 09:59 AM
While boisterous fans and noisemakers are necessary for tonight, we need to get rid of a few tunes that have been played for too long at the ccc and add some better ones. Please stop playing these terrible songs!

1. cotten eyed joe
2. thank god i'm a country boy
3. clap your hands

these songs are easily replaced with: are you ready, thunderstruck, whisky in the jar, symphony of destruction, vertigo, welcome to the jungle, money talks, who made who, etc
Also, for nostalgia purposes when the broncos were in there heyday (late 80's) they always came onto the ice to Boys in the bright white sports car by trooper.

Finally, with no trumpet guy tonight they should get a shriner or the high school band teacher to play trumpet.

Chuckles
02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Well i would agree that those song have been over played through out the years on that not. Atleast when a song like that is played the crowd claps to it. So i won't be the first one to bash them. On another not I could care less what kind of music they play as long as it not elevator music that could be a little much. But all i know is if you make noise and cheer the music really doesn't matter that much. Or atleast thats what i think. Though i wouldn't mind seeing more of that metal music type stuff, Mega Deth, Metallica, AC/DC you can never hear to much of htat stuff.

Lets hope we play great tointe it should be a tough game red deer is playing for lifes so it should be good.

Lets rock that rink tointe:D

2,5,andagame
02-24-2006, 12:17 PM
In MJ they don't play as much music or have as many announcements during stoppages, but it didn't matter because we drown them out anyway, hopefully the same can happen tonight. After we got back I had to look at the online scoresheet to find out who had scored and the three stars because I never heard it at the rink.

As for the music with such a broad fan base, it's tough to please eveyone, but I agree some songs should be removed or used very little. I disagree with not playing "Clap Your Hands", this is one song that does get people all over the rink clapping along, but maybe they could find a more updated version or something similar to get everyone involved. I also think the PA has to do more against the opposition to get the crowd going. Tonight will be a good opporitunity as Sutter MIGHT whine to the ref, so then they should play the "WAH WAH WAH" baby crying. "Pop goes the weasel" might be good for someone like Dorsett. Anything else they can think of to get the crowd going, would also help.

Get to the game, make lots of noise, and you won't even notice what's on the PA.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

dynamitekid
02-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I can't agree more. The city spends 40,000 on a sound system and the damb thing never gets by half volume. For the old people who do not like it turn your hearing aids off. When that team hits the ice the music should make the hair on the back of you neck stand up. We really nead more pump up tunes to get the lame asses out of their seats. The same people that do not think it is cool to cheer are the same people at their child's hockey game hanging over the glass screaming at the refs and the 9 year old players. Lets ROCK the joint tonight.

Johnsy05
02-24-2006, 05:49 PM
I can't agree more. The city spends 40,000 on a sound system and the damb thing never gets by half volume. For the old people who do not like it turn your hearing aids off. When that team hits the ice the music should make the hair on the back of you neck stand up. We really nead more pump up tunes to get the lame asses out of their seats. The same people that do not think it is cool to cheer are the same people at their child's hockey game hanging over the glass screaming at the refs and the 9 year old players. Lets ROCK the joint tonight.

atta guy i couldn't agree more... That's one of my only complaints is that the tunes are just too soft and in some cases way to outdated. Let's get the rink rockin tonight boys and hopefully cheer on the bronc's to a win.

GO Bronco's GO!

Willis on the Welfare
02-24-2006, 05:58 PM
The Trooper by Iron Maiden must be played.

Playing Bright White Sports Cars when the boys come out would be cool. That or Welcome to the Jungle. They didn't lose too many home games with those tunes back in the day.

RDRebelsfan
02-24-2006, 06:33 PM
how can you NOT play those songs at hockey games, fans love htem.

Are you dumb?

Johnsy05
02-24-2006, 06:37 PM
how can you NOT play those songs at hockey games, fans love htem.

Are you dumb?

Are you simple?? nelson,wilson and aspenlind score i say broncos win 3-2.

Let go bronc's! dummy them sissy rebels!

RDRebelsfan
02-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Are you simple?? nelson,wilson and aspenlind score i say broncos win 3-2.

Let go bronc's! dummy them sissy rebels!

No I'm not. I'm a DJ for this sort of stuff and to not play those songs would be crazy.

d-man
02-24-2006, 11:50 PM
No I'm not. I'm a DJ for this sort of stuff and to not play those songs would be crazy.

Well the Centrium is one of the quietest barns in the east. The CCC is getting louder and prouder every game

hockey4
02-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Swift Currents Building fits 1/4 of red deer but is about 1/6 the size. Its going to feel louder because it is a smaller building. Red Deer has been a bit louder of late especially with these one goal games. Plus, swift you can bring pretty much anything to make noise (air horn, fog horn, trash cans), whereas in red deer, and most othe rinks, you can not. Red Deer has some of the best music, and each game usually has edleast one new some whether it be interm or during a stoppage.