PDA

View Full Version : Davis Aime called up

Triton
02-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Manitoba's Top Midget Goalie to Dress Tonight

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan - With the addition of goaltender Jesse Deckert, out day to day with a groin injury, to the Prince Albert Raiders injury list, the Western Hockey League team has recalled 16 year-old goaltender David Aime from the Winnipeg Thrashers of the Manitoba Midget AAA league to back up tonight when the Raiders host the Lethbridge Hurricanes at 7:30 PM on Boston Pizza Night.

Aime this week was named the Top Goaltender in the Manitoba Midget AAA league this season posting a miniscule 1.87 goals against average. His record was 15-1-3 with 1 shut out. Aime is 6'3", 175 pounds and is from Clandeboye, Manitoba.

Aime was also the goaltender for Team Western at the 2006 World Under 17 Challenge in Regina.

Aime's Thrasher team, which also includes Raider prospects Cody Vann and Cody Gross, finished atop the Eastern Division in the Manitoba league standings with a record of 31-4-3-2 and have this weekend off as the league goes through a Preliminary Round of playoffs.

The Raiders also announce that 15 year-old left winger Jordan Trach will be with the team for the duration of the regular season. Trach played his final game with the Battlefords Stars Midget AAA team last night, a 4-2 win over Beardy's. The Stars missed the SMAAAHL playoffs.

FELIX17
02-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Another prospect getting to dress for the Raider's this season. Aime is the Raider's 'tender of the future. To be honest, I really don't think Deckert has been 100% since his groin injury before Christmas. Like the rest of the team, he probably has been playing hurt all along.

Triton
02-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Another prospect getting to dress for the Raider's this season. Aime is the Raider's 'tender of the future. To be honest, I really don't think Deckert has been 100% since his groin injury before Christmas. Like the rest of the team, he probably has been playing hurt all along.

He also has a bad thumb on his blocker hand.

Drop em' eh
02-24-2006, 11:40 AM
I wonder if Amie will get a chance to play? We still have a shot at the playoffs, and will play Archie, but it would be interesting to see Aime in the pipes.

Dwight Schrute
02-24-2006, 05:34 PM
wonder how calling up aime makes felske feel ? lol i think felske is done as a raider.

Triton
02-24-2006, 06:12 PM
wonder how calling up aime makes felske feel ? lol i think felske is done as a raider.

Felske is playing tonight against the MJ Warriors at Kinsmen tonight.I think he's starting tonight thats why he never got the call.

Drop em' eh
02-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Felske is playing tonight against the MJ Warriors at Kinsmen tonight.I think he's starting tonight thats why he never got the call.

Thats not the only reason, Amie is a way better goalie and he is only listed, they better sign him before they lose him. Rumor in Winnipeg has it there are US colleges that are interested in him.

Sabes
02-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Aime looked good during the game when he played but was kinda thrown to the wolves being left in for the shoot-out in his first game

Dwight Schrute
02-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Thats not the only reason, Amie is a way better goalie and he is only listed, they better sign him before they lose him. Rumor in Winnipeg has it there are US colleges that are interested in him.
well he cant play ncaa now. since he played and dressed.

Sabes
02-24-2006, 10:57 PM
he still can, but has to wait a year I think

Dwight Schrute
02-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Aime looked good during the game when he played but was kinda thrown to the wolves being left in for the shoot-out in his first game
yeah does his league even have shoot outs ? . good for palazzo stepping up and getting in that fight in the first. it really seemed to spark the team. i think lethbridge will be a force to be reckoned with in a couple years with their 16 year old crew of leclerc king (dwight) boychuk and kerr. at least the boys managed to get a point tonight, i think the playoff race will be decided in the 2 games vs brandon. i am getting kinda sick of these stupid no look passes that always seem to end up on the opponents stick. that and always line changing and never chasing the puck in. who on the raiders can win a faceoff ? watching tonight i would say they lost about 85% of the draws. i dont think i have seen polak win a faceoff in a while either. oh well i will be cheering them on in ston tommorrow night. good luck boys

Wildeyes
02-25-2006, 12:01 AM
i am not to sure if he can NCAA considers WHL as a Minor-pro league

Big Daddy
02-25-2006, 12:42 AM
well he cant play ncaa now. since he played and dressed.
You're right, if he was rostered for even one game he's done as far as the NCAA.

Hat Trick
02-25-2006, 10:39 AM
You're right, if he was rostered for even one game he's done as far as the NCAA.

Well technically he is still eligible for NCAA if he were to "red shirt" for his first season in the NCAA, but what college wants to take any player that would only be able to practice for their first year. I beleive Aime has made his choice though, and I think it is the right decision to go the WHL route. He will be a good fit for the Raiders.

Triton
02-25-2006, 12:09 PM

Felske has commited himself to the Nipawin Hawks of the SJHL.

Dwight Schrute
02-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Felske has commited himself to the Nipawin Hawks of the SJHL.
then why did he refuse to go there at the start of the season ?

Triton
02-26-2006, 05:00 PM
then why did he refuse to go there at the start of the season ?

Cause they had both their goaltenders in place.Plus the starter Dan Bauer was in his last season being a 20,so there will be room for Karsten next season.

Wildeyes
02-26-2006, 05:35 PM
and it would b tough transering shcools when he is in his graduating yr

Dwight Schrute
02-26-2006, 08:04 PM
and it would b tough transering shcools when he is in his graduating yr
i thought they had something set up for him in melfort too but he didnt wanna go