PDA

View Full Version : Blades play terrible

froliker2000
02-05-2005, 12:33 AM
On friday night the Blades just played brutal against pa it was probably 1 of there worst loses on the season playing wise :dead:

Billy Blade
02-05-2005, 11:43 AM
I couldn't make the game myself last night unfortunately but heard from my dad after who did. From the sounds of it it was definitely a lacklustre effort by the Blades, their biggest albatross this season it seems. Some nights they just don't come to work and pay the price, and that's what happens when you're not mentally prepared. This team had talent last season too but everyone saw what happened there, worst season in their 40 year existance. Nobody could get them to work, Molleken has done a masterful job this year turning them around all things considered.

Look for a much greater effort tonight in Prince Albert, should their bus make it there through the snow that is. :D

ofhdhdy
02-05-2005, 01:59 PM
you may be expecting a little too much ,your blades are # 1 in the league in scoring every team looses .the blades are doing more this year than anyone predicted.cut them some slack

what the hell? he is just saying it was their worst loss yet this year because they just came out flat and they were playing the Raiders for god sakes.

ofhdhdy
02-06-2005, 12:44 AM
The raiders are a team on the rise wait tell they get there injuries back. Im predicting the raiders will win at least one round in the playoffs.

yeah right Saskatoon or Brandon will waste the Raiders in the play-offs but you can keep dreaming if you want. BTW, the Blades beat the Raiders 3-1 with Monette getting the wn!

Furback
02-06-2005, 01:06 AM
only time will tell if they will waste the raiders I also think raiders can play with Brandon but like i said time will tell. one thing i have learned is any team can get hot at the right time so to say PA will get wasted is a bit short sighted.

Billy Blade
02-06-2005, 10:44 AM
only time will tell if they will waste the raiders I also think raiders can play with Brandon but like i said time will tell. one thing i have learned is any team can get hot at the right time so to say PA will get wasted is a bit short sighted.

When healthy the Raiders can play with any of the teams in the East Division come playoff time. None of the series' will be pushovers in my opinion. All it takes is a hot goaltender to turn the tide, and Beauchemin has the capability to do that. Once the playoffs begin, the games get a lot tighter and defensive liabilities can become exposed, the Blades have to hope this doesn't happen to them too quickly. It should be a fun run this year anyway.

Furback
02-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Ya Raidersfan17 I dont know this guy is so down on the raiders. They have shown alot of character this year alot of teams would have folded the tents. I just think once playoff time comes around and if the raiders are healthy they will win at least one round only time will tell i guess.

wango tango
02-07-2005, 12:04 PM
really i didnt know the raiders lost i was only there ,and we completely out played them monette kept toon in it .lets say toon was missing setiguchi,and brandon lost stone do you think they would do as well

Monette playing well and making the big saves when needed is exactly what you want out of your goalie on the road.

Raider fans were crying about outplaying the Blades when Saskatoon went in and won in overtime earlier in the year too.

P.A. is a fine team and played Saskatoon straight up 5 on 5 and their game plan on the penalty kill worked well in both games on the weekend, however when the teams went 4 on 4 and the ice was opened up the Raiders tentative play on defense got exposed and exploited.

If the Raiders want to play more than one round of playoff hockey they better find a way to encourage their forwards to help out a little more on the backcheck, and to get their dmen playing less tentatively.

Furback
02-07-2005, 10:01 PM
I like green too but I love webber i wish sabres had his rights