PDA

View Full Version : Hotstove & Packing The Rink

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
02-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Just wondering how things went at the Hotstove following the game last night? I would have liked to have attended again, since the last one was fairly informative but unfortunatly other things required my attention after the game.

Any grilling questions to the players or coaches? Any hot tempers? Any reassurement to the fans that things are heading back on course and we are headed to greatness?

Also, what did everyone think of Pack The Rink Night? I thought it went over well, with very few empty seats from my point of view. Kudos to the marketing staff for putting this event over huge, reaching fans all over with radio, newspaper and flyer ads all over the place.

I have come to the realization that no matter how comfortable we try to make this city though, a lot of people still will not make noise at the Bronco games. It's too bad about that, but those that are cheering and getting loud, keep it up. You can slowly notice a difference in average noise levels as the year goes on.

It's fans like you that were in Section A that make games fun and really worth going to. Same to my fellow fans from Section L, let's keep the rink rocking.

OLE!

ointhecreek
02-25-2006, 01:05 PM
I thought it was a great game to be at! Fairly noisy and a great atmosphere to be in for a change. The boys played terrific and with confidance except for the one BIG disapointment at the end. Why is it that some players feel the need to take stupid chances with the puck in their own end? I'm not just talking about Rakos (although his was the most glaring). And do they practice shooting the puck at peoples legs or what? I guess I'm just realdisappointed at the result but it was a great game to be at! :clap:

Flathead
02-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Red Deer did a good job of blocking the shooting lanes, that's why there was so many blocked shots. We need to watch Phaneuf, when a team is blocking the lanes, he takes two or three steps either way then shoots the puck, that's why he's scoring goals this year. Rakos made a mistake and I'm sure he knows it and feels terrible, when your the last man coming out of your end with the puck, you don't take off carrying it up the middle. Keep it to the outside, shoot it up the boards, but I'm sure he's aware of that, he saw open ice and took off, an unfortunate mistake. from where I was though the game shouldn't of went to OT, RD's second goal shouldn't have been counted, players in the crease all over Moir, I'm sure he had it covered and can you tell me the ref never lost sight of the puck? Garbage call on that goal, but the standings show a win for Red Deer and that's a Sutter team win, hard work and never quit. We'll just have to get them next time. Awesome atmosphere in the rink last night, lots of noise and intensity. Good job to all Broncos staff and Tim Hortons for their involvment in pack the CCC night.

ointhecreek
02-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Red Deer did a good job of blocking the shooting lanes, that's why there was so many blocked shots. We need to watch Phaneuf, when a team is blocking the lanes, he takes two or three steps either way then shoots the puck, that's why he's scoring goals this year. .
It doesn't just happen against RD, it happens all the time! Rumsey is especially bad for doing this. And its not just shots but passes as well. Makes a person wonder just what they do at practice.

2,5,andagame
02-25-2006, 10:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone was listening to the game, and if they were could anyone comment on Switzer sitting in Section A doing colour? I thought it was great he asked me a couple questions, and quite a few others in the section. It was a great time, unfortunately they couldn't pull out a win. Too bad the whistles were quick at the one net, then very slow at the other. It really shows how a couple iffy :confused: calls and small mistakes can influence a game.

The hotstove was pretty quiet, not many questions asked, Switzer spent half the night talking out of his @ss. The big message was not to get down on the team, as they need our support now more than ever. As always I couldn't think up any good questions until it was over, but I've been impressed with the way they have been playing of late. Since the PG game they have taken 7 of 8 points. I think any team in the league would be happy with that going down the stretch.

MH sunday night is the biggest game of the year, I think the boys are due for a big win there. Tuesday night Leth. comes to town, biggest game of the year, we can still catch them. Calgary fri, RD sat biggest games of the year. Four huge divisional games, then a big five game home stand. We only have six home games left, and hopefully everyone of them is PACK THE RINK night. Lets all get behind the team and give them the big push needed to get into the playoffs and then the first round upset. Lets show the city of SC that maybe their expansion plans aren't big enough!!!! :thumb:

GO BRONCOS GO!!!!!

Flathead
02-26-2006, 01:00 PM
It doesn't just happen against RD, it happens all the time! Rumsey is especially bad for doing this. And its not just shots but passes as well. Makes a person wonder just what they do at practice.
It does happen with just about every team we play, it's like they're trying to use the "blocker" as a screen, but I would think it would be more important to get the shot on, or towards the net with some traffic in front.
But the boys have been playing some very good, energy felt hockey as of late and if we stay behind them and pack the rink every night, mabye take in a road game or two, we'll make the playoffs. Keep up the great work boys.