PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Peeters?

Rebel66
02-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Is there any indication on when Peeters might get a start for the Broncos?

Any thoughts on this? Is he likely to be cut loose at the end of the season so there's not much point in giving him any playing time? By playing Moir all of the time do the Broncos still harbour hopes of making the playoffs then?

BTW, very pleased with the play of Andrew Leslie so far. He has been just what the Rebels needed in goal. Created competition for Festa and is perfect so far as a Rebel. Long may that continue!

Scout
02-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Hey Reb. I think Peeters will be gone the end of this year. I haven't seen him play yet as he has just been on the bench. The reason i think he will be gone is we have an upcoming goalie by the name of Travis Yonkman. Travis is toiling for the Saskatoon Contacts of the AAA Midget Hockey team and just lead the Contact's to the prestigous Mac's Tourny Championship with a 1-0 win in the finals. With Moir being 18 and Yonkman 17 i can't see where there would be a spot for Peeters.

Scout

Tinner
02-05-2005, 09:35 AM
for his sake, I would hope that some team is looking for a goalie, but at this stage it would seem that all the things that Sutter wanted him to change, and his poor reaction to making changes is hurting him as far as his ability to show he can play. Like everyone always says, "maybe a change of scenery will help" will help keep him in the league somewhere or catch on with a Tier 2 team and get more playing time.

Flathead
02-05-2005, 09:38 AM
I totally agree that Peeters will be cut loose at the end of the season. Moir will obviously be the starting goalie next year and we need to start devolping Yonkman. Was Yonkman not named most valuable player for the whole Mac's tourney?

Scout
02-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Your right flathead. He shared the top goaltender award with Pat McGann who i believe was the goaltender for Team Illinois. I guess we should have went to the Legionaire games when the Contacts played here. At least i should have to see both Yonkman and and Bortis, two up and coming stars with the Bronco's.

scme
02-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Peeters is in net tonight and doing ok so far

Tiger Trauma
02-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Well his team didn't help him out tonight 40 shots..he looked a bit fluky...made a couple good saves....let in a couple weak ones