PDA

View Full Version : Blazers

scamperdog
02-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Well the big question for my son and I tonight was do we or don't we put a deposit down for the playoffs on the chance they do make it in. After the effort tonight the answer was a simple no. Yes the money would go to next season's tickets but why give the team cash flow in the off season after the rollercoaster ride they have taken the fans on this year.
Seattle played a pretty good game tonight clogging up all the passing lanes and making life difficult very simular to what Portland did the night before, and something the Blazers don't seem to have an answer for, and with PG next weekend a team I find also that plays that style of game I really don't like our chances, one can hope the team can regroup this week and have a good effort next weekend but.... now they have one choice and only one and that is go to PG and sweep anything else and there run at the playoffs is over, and although that's not what any Blazer fan wants maybe hitting rock bottom is just what this team needs retool the on ice product, the off ice people and become a team that the city becomes proud of once again, but then again there is still a few games left this year and they could still surprise!

Scoring
1. KAM Jorgensen, (24) (Nixon, Bartley), 9:18 (PP)
2. SEA Tomanek, (17) , 5:26 (PP)
2. SEA Scurko, (14) (Gagnon, Tomanek), 17:10 (PP)
Penelties
1 - SEA Gibbons, 8:38 - Checking from Behind , 2 min (PP)
1 - KAM Gutierrez, 12:26 - Elbowing , 2 min (PP)
1 - KAM Steinmann, 15:22 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
1 - SEA Johnson, 15:40 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
1 - KAM White, 18:45 - Cross Checking , 2 min (PP)
2 - KAM Steinmann, 4:13 - Roughing , 2 min (PP)
2 - SEA Richard, 12:40 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
2 - KAM Jorgensen, 15:19 - Elbowing , 2 min (PP)
3 - SEA Durand, 4:42 - Kneeing , 2 min (PP)
3 - KAM Delaronde, 6:36 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
Three Stars

1. SEA - 17 Roman Tomanek
2. KAM - 34 Reid Jorgensen
3. SEA - 3 Scott Jackson

Beaner
02-26-2006, 12:33 AM
Have to agree Scamperdog, Blazers need to win both those games in PG next weekend or its all over for them for this year.

Even then they will still need help.

6 Cougar wins or 6 Blazer losses, or any combination and the Blazers are out of the playoffs.

scamperdog
02-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Have to agree Scamperdog, Blazers need to win both those games in PG next weekend or its all over for them for this year.

Even then they will still need help.

6 Cougar wins or 6 Blazer losses, or any combination and the Blazers are out of the playoffs.
Thats the last time I cheer for the Giants :laugh: Whats even worse is my kid is moving to Vancouver he say he will stay a Blazer fan, but I doubt it and he will become one of you :o

Beaner
02-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Thats the last time I cheer for the Giants :laugh: Whats even worse is my kid is moving to Vancouver he say he will stay a Blazer fan, but I doubt it and he will become one of you :o

Well that was a short ride on the bus. :laugh:

With PG playing the Rockets on Tuesday I guess your a Rocket Fan now?

Hey Jovorock got any room on the Kelowna Bandwagon for Scamperdog? :laugh:

Jovorock
02-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Tough call Scamper, hear in Kelowna you don't have to pay for playoff tickets until after its over. Haveing to foot the bill and watching the Blazers play inconsistant is a tough call for everyone that is watching cash flow.

Even tougher call right now that the Cougs swept the Giants this weekend.

scamperdog
02-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Tough call Scamper, hear in Kelowna you don't have to pay for playoff tickets until after its over. Haveing to foot the bill and watching the Blazers play inconsistant is a tough call for everyone that is watching cash flow.

Even tougher call right now that the Cougs swept the Giants this weekend.
I should rephrase that here you only have to put a $50 deposit on your seat and the rest is do at the end of the playoffs or credited to next season, but why give anything to the organization at all, they really need to be sent a message, allready there are over 800 season ticket holders that have stopped coming to the games so this team has alot of work ahead of them whether they make the playoffs or not to turn things around. Something I have not mentioned on here is the possible sale of the team, they were approached during the world juniors and the board has not ruled it out, so as always things are interesting in blazerville

Jovorock
02-27-2006, 09:13 AM
The sale of the team is very interesting, hopefully if the team gets sold its to a hockey guy. It is clear that this group that runs the Blazers are too old and don't know what they are doing. But if the Blazers get under control of a good buisness man with hockey knowledge would be great for the league.

Sput
02-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Could be that Brodsky is in the market for yet another hockey team to screw up. With him owning the Cougars, and last year buying the Witchita Falls Wildcats in the USHL(? I think thats the right league), maybe Ricky wants to run another team into the ground.

Oddly enough, the WF Wildcats also wear, or were wearing the same jerseys as the Cougars. Anything to save a buck eh!

Cougar Guy
02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Could be that Brodsky is in the market for yet another hockey team to screw up. With him owning the Cougars, and last year buying the Witchita Falls Wildcats in the USHL(? I think thats the right league), maybe Ricky wants to run another team into the ground.

Oddly enough, the WF Wildcats also wear, or were wearing the same jerseys as the Cougars. Anything to save a buck eh!

I smell a deal in the works. We'll trade you Brodsky, our Euro picks through until 2011/2012 and 1 million in cash for the malt machines that used to be in Riverside :D