PDA

View Full Version : Skills competition

Triton
02-26-2006, 05:01 PM
anyone go to the skills thing this afternoon?I wasn't able to make it,but if anyone who did,could you post results.Thanks

Sabes
02-26-2006, 09:43 PM
I did:

Fastest Skater: AJ Thelen. Kyle Chipchura was second
Hardest Shot: AJ Thelen with 95 mph. Aki Seitsonen was 2nd with 91 mph.
Goalie: Alex Archibald
Individual relay: Thelen beat Chipchura
Accuracy: Hellyer had 4 for 7 I think, Schafer I think 4 for 8 for 2nd

It was the 6 d-men and Archie against Chipchura, Novak, Hewson, Byers, Hellyer, Seitsonen and Aime.

I don't really remember the team events and individual scores besides the ones listed.

Dwight Schrute
02-26-2006, 10:54 PM
how did chipper beat aki in fastest skater ?

Triton
02-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Defencemen Handle Forwards in Family 2 for 1 Pizza Skills Competition

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan - The 3rd annual Prince Albert Raiders Skills Competition, sponsored by Family 2 for 1 Pizza saw the defencemen handle the forwards 14-6 at the Art Hauser Centre Sunday. With the spate of injuries on the current Western Hockey League team's roster, it was decided the format would be forwards vs. defence as 6 healthy bodies were available at each position.

A.J. Thelen, the first round draft pick of the Minnesota Wild did not disappoint, winning the hardest shot and fastest skater competitions. His clocking of 95 MPH in the hardest shot event established a new Raider franchise record. In the fastest skater event, he edged fellow NHL first round pick Kyle Chipchura by 3 one hundredths of a second (15.66 - 15.69).

Mike Hellyer won the accuracy competition hitting 4 targets in 7 shots.

Alex Archibald won the goaltender competition defeating Affiliate Player, 16 year-old David Aime, with the team due to an injury to Jesse Deckert.