PDA

View Full Version : 2 game series vs P.A

Triton
02-27-2006, 10:08 AM
What will the outcome be in the 2 game series this week vs the Prince Albert Raiders?

WHEATMAN
02-27-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm guessing a split, PA needs a split at the very least to stay in the playoff race

Triton
02-27-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm guessing a split, PA needs a split at the very least to stay in the playoff race

Both Brandon and P.A can't afford to lose both,so I as well say split.It would be nice if Brandon took both,possibly ending P.A's playoff hopes.I do think we will win in Regina on Tuesday,combined with P.A's hopeful loss in Moose Jaw on the same night.

Zookeeper
02-28-2006, 11:57 AM
I see a split also, but if Brandon wins both, it is all over for the Raiders. Even a split will make it tough for the Raiders to make it into the playoffs.

Dwight Schrute
02-28-2006, 07:02 PM
if the raiders could sneak out both wins it would go a long way i see the raiders playing their hearts out and winning the first game then them barely showing up in the 2nd game and trying to get cute.

Triton
03-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Brandon, Manitoba -- The Brandon Wheat Kings hope to snap a 2-game losing streak and at the same time solidify their grip on the fourth and final playoff berth in the Western Hockey League's Eastern Division when they play host to the Prince Albert Raiders Wednesday night.

In a series that could go a long way in determining the final playoff spot in the WHL's Eastern Division, the Wheat Kings and Raiders will conclude this critical 2-game series Friday night at the Keystone.

Both teams have nine games remaining in the regular season. Of those, six are home games for the Wheat Kings, who will play twice at Winnipeg's MTS Centre next week.

Brandon hopes to bounce back from Tuesday's disappointing 3-2 loss to the third place Pats in Regina. Ian Duval's goal at the five minute mark of the third period proved to be the difference as the Wheat Kings failed to take advantage of Prince Albert's 5-1 loss to the front running Warriors in Moose Jaw.

Entering this week's series, the Wheat Kings lead the Raiders by four points and are hoping to make it to the post-season party for the thirteenth time in the past 14 years.

Wednesday's game is the ninth meeting of the season between these two teams. Brandon is currently 4-2-1-1 against the Raiders during the 2005-06 campaign, after defeating Prince Albert in last year's Eastern Conference Championship Final. Needless to say, the Wheat Kings - Raiders' Rivalry has never been hotter as its been over the course of the past few years.

Veteran left-winger Mark Derlago leads Brandon in scoring during the 8-game season series with the Raiders (4-3-7)while veteran Brett Novak has three goals and 9 points for Prince Albert.

Winnipeg product Jesse Deckert has appeared in seven of the 8 games against Brandon this season, compiling a 2.83 goals against average and a stellar .914 save percentage while 2005 WHL Rookie of the Year Tyler Plante has been excellent in seven appearances against the Raiders, posting a 2.37 goals against average and a .920 save percentage.

A second round draft choice of the National Hockey League's Florida Panthers, Plante enjoyed a solid month of February for the Wheat Kings, appearing in eleven games. His goals against average of 2.38 and save percentage of .915 has helped him in improving his overall goals against average to 3.36 in 52 games this year.

Plante recently played in his 100th career WHL game and has a career goals against average of 2.96, second only to Robert McVicar's 2.86 for the franchise record (among goalkeepers with a minimum of 100 games played).

Rookie defenceman Keith Aulie returned to the Brandon lineup Tuesday after missing eleven games with a neck / shoulder injury.

The Raiders meanwhile will have 19-year old veteran Dane Byers back in the lineup Wednesday after he served a 1-game WHL suspension Tuesday night in Moose Jaw.

This week's series will be the second 2-game series between these two teams in less than two weeks. On the February 17-18th weekend, the Wheat Kings and Raiders split a 2-game home and home series.

Triton
03-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Where was Kohn and Sandell last night?Will they be back friday?They both could really help us out friday,the game in which we need to win the most.

Triton
03-02-2006, 11:49 AM
It says on the Brandon Sun website that they were sat in the third period against the Pats because of the flu.Courchene recently came back from fighting the flu bug.Someone else told me that Kohn was battling a hip flexor and Sandell a shoulder injury and both were day to day can anyone confirm any of these?Either or they should be back in the line-up friday.