PDA

View Full Version : Mintos

Wildeyes
02-27-2006, 10:36 PM
The Mid AAA mintos are into the playoffs now they play tisdale in the first round and they play on tues at 730 at the AHC this should be good hockey

Dwight Schrute
02-28-2006, 12:51 AM
The Mid AAA mintos are into the playoffs now they play tisdale in the first round and they play on tues at 730 at the AHC this should be good hockey
how much is admission ?

Wildeyes
02-28-2006, 04:14 PM
only 5 bucks pretty low eh?

Dwight Schrute
02-28-2006, 06:58 PM
only 5 bucks pretty low eh?
yeah about a third of the cost of the raider ticket

Triton
02-28-2006, 10:21 PM
Well the Montos started off the playoffs very well with a convincing 5-1 win ovet the Tisdale Trojans.I think that this team has the ability to make it to the Telus Cup.

Triton
02-28-2006, 10:22 PM
yeah about a third of the cost of the raider ticket

I have season tickets and haven't really been disappointed at all this season.Well worth it.I already renewed them for next season.

Triton
03-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Well the Minto's went into Tisdale and came away with a 3-1 victory over the Trojans.Minto's currently lead the best of 5 2-0 and can wrap it all up Sunday March 5th here at home at the AHC at 6:00.People need to come out and watch an exciting team.This team will go along way this year in the playoffs.The team boasts the league leading scorer in Matthew Robertson,the leagues best goaltender in Dustin Tokarski,who leads in almost every goaltender statistic category,All star game MVP Ron Meyers,as well as several Prince Albert products.

Dwight Schrute
03-03-2006, 12:32 PM
never been to a minto game maybe i will check it out sunday

Wildeyes
03-03-2006, 04:44 PM
i will be on the ice lining the game check it out

Triton
03-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Mintos win,Mintos win,Mintos win! Mintos sweep the best of 5 last night when they beat the Tisdale Trojans 5-4 in overtime.Great game.Not sure who we play next but also the Saskatoon Contacts the reigning Mac's and Telus cup champions,swept the Regina Pat Canadians in their best of 5.

Wildeyes
03-06-2006, 04:36 PM
what a game last night WOW great goals mintos second goal was probably the best goal i have ever seen, i cant even explain it like wow, 2 disalowed goals not in tisdales favor i have no clue why they were whinning, almost a line brawl, i got a cut on my hand from that and it wouldnt stop bleeding, it was just a great hockey game good job both teams

Dwight Schrute
03-06-2006, 07:22 PM
Mintos win,Mintos win,Mintos win! Mintos sweep the best of 5 last night when they beat the Tisdale Trojans 5-4 in overtime.Great game.Not sure who we play next but also the Saskatoon Contacts the reigning Mac's and Telus cup champions,swept the Regina Pat Canadians in their best of 5.
good for the minto's congrats to em.

raider guy
03-07-2006, 12:20 AM
haha how about tokarski all over that guy in the crease. i thought we might see a goalie fight boy the coaches were really goin at it too. awesome game though and congrats mintos. does anyone got any info on ryan fox he looked good out there almost got game winner about three times in overtime.i no hes drated to calgary but anything else would be apriciated.

Triton
03-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Mintos will now play Andy Smith and the Moose Jaw Warriors in the second round.The contacts are awaiting the winner of the Yorkton Harvest and the Saskatoon Blazers.Should be a good match up.In the match ups with MJ this season the Mintos have seen finals scores such as:

Mintos 1 Warriors 0
Mintos 3 Warriors 1
Mintos 0 Warriors 1
Mintos 3 Warriors 2

So the season series is 3-1 against the warriors.Although that means nothing now,this series should be a dandy.

Dwight Schrute
03-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Mintos will now play Andy Smith and the Moose Jaw Warriors in the second round.The contacts are awaiting the winner of the Yorkton Harvest and the Saskatoon Blazers.Should be a good match up.In the match ups with MJ this season the Mintos have seen finals scores such as:

Mintos 1 Warriors 0
Mintos 3 Warriors 1
Mintos 0 Warriors 1
Mintos 3 Warriors 2

So the season series is 3-1 against the warriors.Although that means nothing now,this series should be a dandy.
do you know the schedule of the games ?

Triton
03-08-2006, 02:39 PM
do you know the schedule of the games ?

Mar 10 7:30 Mintos vs Moose Jaw Warriors
Mar 12 6:00 Mintos @ Moose Jaw Warriors
Mar 14 7:30 Mintos vs Moose Jaw Warriors
Mar 16 7:00 Mintos @ Moose Jaw Warriors (if necessary)
Mar 18 1:00 Mintos vs Moose Jaw Warriors (if necessary)

peatfan
03-09-2006, 03:11 AM
Question in regards to the goalie. Is he still on the Hitmen list? He was in training camp along with Fox and Zemlak, the Saskaton goalie. I was impressed by all three and felt that we would have a good battle next year for Spence's backup job. Thanks for any info

Triton
03-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Mintos win in overtime.Ryan Fox pots the winner.Way to go boys.Lovin the green hair guys.I think the Mintos could beat the Raiders,the way those guys are playing.

Wildeyes
03-11-2006, 12:22 AM
how many ppl where did it look like lots

Triton
03-11-2006, 09:07 AM
how many ppl where did it look like lots

More than average.Is anyone going to Tuesday's game?Hopefully the team can win tomorrow and bring a 2-0 series lead heading home for game 3 of the best of 5.I can't remember but does the next round feature a best of 7?

Good to see the Blazers beat the Contacts 7-3.No real travel in that series,as well as the away team is the home team as well.

Triton
03-11-2006, 10:24 AM
HOW DID OUR DRAFT PICKS LOOK?

Brian Sydiaha-Played good.Strong in his own end,good puck control,and played it safe.Warriors only lost 1-0 so the defence was almost perfect.

Tony Oak-Not sure if this kid will ever be a full time WHL player.Hardly noticed him out there and when I did see him,it was as if he was just content on looking as if he was doing anything.Although he does have some foot speed ability.

Michael Jordan-Very slow on foot..skates like he has a piano on his back.Didn't do much last night but willing to get his nose dirty.

Andy Smith-What more can you say about Andy Smith?The kid will be in this league next season.Plays like Mason Wallin did.Can dish out a few hits while creating scoring chances.He was all over the ice last night.He's what I expected for a second leading scorer on his team.I thought that being called up and all the rush of being in the WHL helped him score those 3 goals here,but he really has a knack for the net.Should be a good player in a year or two.

Karsten Felske-He opened the gate quite nicely as he backed up Tokarski.Tokarski deserves to be in the WHL.

Matthew Robertson-Plays with heart.Leagues leading scorer.League MVP.If the Raiders won't take him on their roster than someone needs to.He's the type of player that you would want to plant and grow a whole bunch of.Listed by the Raiders,and would be a huge player for this team.

Triton
03-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Question in regards to the goalie. Is he still on the Hitmen list? He was in training camp along with Fox and Zemlak, the Saskaton goalie. I was impressed by all three and felt that we would have a good battle next year for Spence's backup job. Thanks for any info

Tokarski was given an invite by the Hitmen.Fox is actually listed by the Hitmen.Tokarski's rights are held by the Spokane Chiefs.Tokarski was never drafted into the WHL.Dusty deserves to be a goalie in this league.SMAAHL top goaltender needs to be in the WHL rather than wasting him away in the SJHL with the Nipawin Hawks.

peatfan
03-12-2006, 06:05 AM
Too bad Tokarski is Spokane's property. Him and Zemlak were good in the training camp and also in the Mac's Tournament at Xmas. Zemlack was on the first allstar team and one of the best players overall. The Mintos were a good team to watch and I thought was the best of the teams from Sask that played here at Xmas. Maybe see them in the National finals.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Michael Jordan-Very slow on foot..skates like he has a piano on his back.Didn't do much last night but willing to get his nose dirty.

OMG ITS MICHAEL JORDAN! hes making a come back in yet another sport. Personally I think he should stick to basketball, or being retired. :D

Triton
03-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Guess what?

Mintos win again,going into Moose Jaw and coming away with another 1-0 victory.Back to back shutouts for Tokarski.Great job guys.Keep it up.Lets end this series here at the AHC on Tuesday.Seeing as the Raiders are done,why don't you come out and cheer for a team that has a shot at a national title.Very cheap tickets for some awesome hockey.Only 5 bucks.

Triton
03-13-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm shocked!

I just checked out the other score between the Blazers and the leagues best team the Contacts and the Blazers now lead the best of 5 2-0 after a 11-1 schlacking.Whats going on with the Contacts?They are the reigning Telus Cup champs and Mac's tourny champs,and the leagues best team.I couldn't believe my eyes.

Wildeyes
03-13-2006, 07:22 PM
i will be lining the game again tom. my second game 3

Triton
03-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Danno,you going to the Mintos game tomorrow?Anyone else going?

Dwight Schrute
03-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Danno,you going to the Mintos game tomorrow?Anyone else going?
i think im gonna check it out, what time is it ? 6 ?

Wildeyes
03-14-2006, 12:35 AM
7:30 big 5 bucks the 50/50 was over $400 last game

Wildeyes
03-14-2006, 05:16 PM
i wasnt there my parents told

but for those 50/50 watch the ref when they anoucce the 50/50 they take a longer line change.

the refs won 2 50/50's this yr

Triton
03-14-2006, 10:35 PM
A bad start costed the Mintos.They lost 2-1 but owned the game after the first.Boy Andy Smith played everywhere tonight and logged some Pronger type minutes.Wildeyes where were you tonight linesing?Didn't see you out there.Do you know that ref?He sucked some major crap.What a bum!I guess it's ok now for players to drape themselves all over a player as he's going hard to the net,takes him down and still has his body wrapped all over him with NO call..unbelievable.50/50 was $794 but I didn't win.Good crowd tonight.Lots of big hits.End this in Moose Jaw cause I don't want to see it go to a game 5.

Sabes
03-14-2006, 10:44 PM
A bad start costed the Mintos.They lost 2-1 but owned the game after the first.Boy Andy Smith played everywhere tonight and logged some Pronger type minutes.Wildeyes where were you tonight linesing?Didn't see you out there.Do you know that ref?He sucked some major crap.What a bum!I guess it's ok now for players to drape themselves all over a player as he's going hard to the net,takes him down and still has his body wrapped all over him with NO call..unbelievable.50/50 was $794 but I didn't win.Good crowd tonight.Lots of big hits.End this in Moose Jaw cause I don't want to see it go to a game 5.

It was a good game to watch that's forsure. THe ref seemed to let anything and everything go which was pretty bad, especially on MJ 2nd goal when the guy cross-checked the d-man to get open. Smith played mostly on defence tonight, maybe they have some injuries or something?

Triton
03-14-2006, 10:48 PM
It was a good game to watch that's forsure. THe ref seemed to let anything and everything go which was pretty bad, especially on MJ 2nd goal when the guy cross-checked the d-man to get open. Smith played mostly on defence tonight, maybe they have some injuries or something?

Yes I forgot about that one cause I had to watch my language cause there were small children around but yeah that was brutal.Where do these guys learn to ref?I was choked about that one as well.Boy does Ron Meyers work hard along the boards.Melfort sure is gonna enjoy this kid.Small in size plays big in heart.

Triton
03-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Contacts avoid elimination as well as they down the Blazers 3-2.Their series is 2 games to 1 for the Blazers.Mintos also have a 2 games to 1 series edge.

Triton
03-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Mintos got walked on last night in MJ 6-2.Something didn't go right.Hopefully they come out hard Saturday or else their awesome season is down the drain and they watched it sink.They had a 2-0 series lead.What happened??I don't think the Mintos have lost 2 in a row all season.

Dwight Schrute
03-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Mintos got walked on last night in MJ 6-2.Something didn't go right.Hopefully they come out hard Saturday or else their awesome season is down the drain and they watched it sink.They had a 2-0 series lead.What happened??I don't think the Mintos have lost 2 in a row all season.
what time is the game saturday ?

Triton
03-17-2006, 12:35 PM
what time is the game saturday ?

1:00pm at the AHC.They are all I have left for hockey that I can see live.I have season tickets for the Melfort Mustangs,Mintos and the Raiders.Mustangs and Raiders are done,lets see what Mintos do tomorrow afternoon.I could be left with purchasing the W'King playoff games with the live feed,and watching the Avalanche when they are on TV occasionally.

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2006, 02:17 AM
1:00pm at the AHC.They are all I have left for hockey that I can see live.I have season tickets for the Melfort Mustangs,Mintos and the Raiders.Mustangs and Raiders are done,lets see what Mintos do tomorrow afternoon.I could be left with purchasing the W'King playoff games with the live feed,and watching the Avalanche when they are on TV occasionally.
you dont find melfort a long drive to go watch every game ? id go see the odd game but i doubt id get seasin tix for em.................. on a brighter note my beloved canucks broke their losing skid tonight

Triton
03-18-2006, 08:07 AM
you dont find melfort a long drive to go watch every game ? id go see the odd game but i doubt id get seasin tix for em.................. on a brighter note my beloved canucks broke their losing skid tonight

It's only 40 minute drive.I missed a couple games cause the Stangs and the Raiders games would fall on the same night.But I have a cousin who occupied the extras so they didn't go to waste.

Triton
03-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Anyone going to the game this afternoon?The Saskatoon contacts evened up their best of 5 series with the Blazers last night,knocking them off 5-2.Both game 5's go today.Hopefully the Mintos can advance to the next round.

Triton
03-18-2006, 04:28 PM
MINTOS WIN!!!!!!

Huge win at home 5-2 over the MJ Warriors midget AAA.Big win after losing the last 2 games.Everyone pitched in for the win.We now play the winner of the Saskatoon Blazers/Contacts series which will be decided tonight.

Way to go boys.Thats why you play for home ice all year.Comes in handy when the deciding game is in your back yard.

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2006, 04:33 PM
couldnt make it to the minto game today as it was after 3 am by the time i finally got home from stoon (the roads were that bad). does anybody have a score from that game ?

Triton
03-18-2006, 04:41 PM
couldnt make it to the minto game today as it was after 3 am by the time i finally got home from stoon (the roads were that bad). does anybody have a score from that game ?

5-2 Mintos.Read the post above yours.

Dwight Schrute
03-18-2006, 05:32 PM
5-2 Mintos.Read the post above yours.
lol yeah you posted that while i was writing mine.

Triton
03-19-2006, 12:09 PM
We now play the Saskatoob Blazers after they dispatched the Saskatoon Contacts.We still have home ice advantage.Since the Raiders are done get out and support the Mintos.Here's the schedule for the next round.

Mar 20 7:30 Mintos vs Saskatoon Blazers
Mar 23 7:30 Mintos @ Saskatoon Blazers
Mar 24 7:30 Mintos vs Saskatoon Blazers
Mar 26 6:00 Mintos @ Saskatoon Blazers (if necessary)
Mar 28 7:30 Mintos vs Saskatoon Blazers (if necessary)

All games at the AHC.

Dwight Schrute
03-20-2006, 10:25 PM
4-1 minto win
i saw my first midget AAA game tonight
wow im sold , really exciting. offensive too which is a treat after the raiders lol. ronny meyers. wow hes pretty good same with thiessen. im going to try to go to the remaining games. if anybody knows who on the blazers and mintos are listed or drafted (especially who the raiders wn the rights to) please post.

chipperfan
03-21-2006, 09:42 AM
is Spokanes property.Dont quote me though,and it was an exciting game but the mintos came out a little slow off the start.sure picked it up when they needed to though.ANd tokarski was absolutley amazing,few saves made standing on his head.Cowboy Ron Meyers tried out for the raiders last year and I was told by his dad that he was a little small and different?ya,what the hell was kozak,haha.good hockey though and sure an excitable crowd.support those mintos!

FELIX17
03-21-2006, 09:56 AM
is Spokanes property.Dont quote me though,and it was an exciting game but the mintos came out a little slow off the start.sure picked it up when they needed to though.ANd tokarski was absolutley amazing,few saves made standing on his head.Cowboy Ron Meyers tried out for the raiders last year and I was told by his dad that he was a little small and different?ya,what the hell was kozak,haha.good hockey though and sure an excitable crowd.support those mintos!

I took in my first Mintos game Saturday against MJ. Great hockey! I was impressed with Meyers as well. Gives it all out there every shift. Hoping to take in more games following this week.

Knuckle Chucker
03-21-2006, 10:39 AM
4-1 minto win
wow im sold , really exciting. offensive too which is a treat after the raiders lol. ronny meyers. wow hes pretty good same with thiessen. im going to try to go to the remaining games. if anybody knows who on the blazers and mintos are listed or drafted (especially who the raiders wn the rights to) please post.

My first game as well. Excellent hockey. Tons of back and forth action. Ron Meyers scored a beautiful goal...batted it out of the air.

Triton
03-21-2006, 11:10 AM
4-1 minto win

See I told you it was some great hockey for cheap dollars.I was a little worried after we gave up the first goal less than 30 seconds into the game,but the Mintos did come back and played solid.We were short on the backend after some guys left hurt,so you may have seen Thiessen #5 log a ton of ice time.I think in the second he played 15 minutes out of the 20.As for who owns the players rights:

Blazers:

#1 Braden Holtby-Saskatoon Blades
#4 Matt Olsen-Medicine Hat Tigers
#6 Matty Smith-Brandon Wheatkings
#9 Kirk Belyk-Calgary Hitmen
#14 Travis Eggum-Seattle Thunderbirds
#15 Brennan Dowd-Kamloops Blazers
#21 Cody Smuk-Chilliwack Bruins
#24 Kyle Aschim-Prince Albert Raiders
#27 Cody Wutzke-T.C Americans
#28 Jared Prokopets-Seattle Thunderbirds
#29 Mitch Stretch-P.G Cougars
#30 Jeff Bosch-Regina Pats
#32 Jeremy Boyer-Seattle Thunderbirds

Have no idea if anyone for that matter holds rights to Brett Harvey,Travis Dauvin,Jeremy Laviolette,Kory Gurski,Jordan Braid,Joel Fischer,Brett Leedahl,Kirk Pearce,Riley Tetrault,and Sam Klassen.

Mintos:

#2 Mickey Pawlyshyn-Weyburn Redwings
#3 Bobby Spigott-Battleford Stars
#4 Lewis Laczko-Portland Winterhawks
#5 Taylor Thiessen-Nipawin Hawks
#6 Cody Hobbs-Chilliwack Bruins
#7 Ian Lazar-Weyburn Redwings
#8 Owen Roschuk-Melfort Mustangs
#9 Ryan Fox-Calgary Hitmen/Flin Flon Bombers
#10 Tommy Brown-Lethbridge Hurricanes/Nipawin Hawks
#11 Curtis Kulchar-Regina Pats
#14 Adam Matlock-Lethbridge Hurricanes/Melfort Mustangs
#15 Matthew Robertson-P.A Raiders/Battlefors Stars
#16 Jadon Potter-Chilliwack Bruins/Kindersley Klippers
#17 Alan Logue-Nipawin Hawks
#18 Brendan Turner-Weyburn Redwings
#20 Ron Meyers-Melfort Mustangs
#21 Colton Graf-Medicine Hat Tigers
#22 Steven Robertson-Flin Flon Bombers
#35 Karsten Felske-Prince Albert Raiders/Nipawin Hawks
#47 Dustin Tokarski-Spokane Chiefs/Nipawin Hawks

Didn't find any listed or drafted status for Michael Winkel or Ryan Gareau.

Triton
03-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Blazers got on the board early from some great pressure of the opening faceoff.Tetrault would find a streaking Boyer who came in from the slot and found a gap on the glove side of Tokarski 1-0 Blazers 24 seconds in.On the PP the Mintos would tie it as Thiessen lets wrsit shot go from the blueline that found it's way through and tipped by Ron Meyers past Holtby 1-1 after 1.

In the second period and early on as well,Mintos would come in 2 on 1 Potter came down the left wing saucered a pass over to Robinson as he fires a shot fairly up close and past Holtby 2-1 Mintos after 2.

In the 3rd the Mintos applying all kinds of pressure,Robertson would find Ron Meyers at the edge of the crease and he rifles a shot and was absolutely robbed on the first attempt than batted his own rebound out of mid air to make it 3-1,that goal coming 42 seconds into the 3rd..huge goal.With the goalie pulled Mintos break in 2 on 1 Meyers has the option of going for the trick but unselfishly finds Gareau on the right side and he potts it into the open cage and seals the deal 4-1 Mintos was the final.

50/50 was decent $1100+.Crowd was very good too.Seems more and more people are coming out,which is nice to see.If the Mintos are up 2-0 in the series coming friday,I'd love to see that building packed in hopes for a sweep.You know when I went to my car after the game,I had no idea the Mintos game was on the air.Drew Wilson called it.Had no idea.

Hope whoever attended their first AAA game last night enjoyed that kind of hockey.End to end and lots of odd man rushes make this hockey exciting.Big hits too.I wouldn't mind meeting some of you next game if you go.

Triton
03-21-2006, 01:06 PM
The Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League has announced their individual awards for the 2005 – 2006 hockey season.

Top Goaltender
Dustin Tokarski (1.98)
Prince Albert Mintos

League Winner
Saskatoon Contacts
(third year in a row)

Top Forward
Matthew Robertson
Prince Albert Mintos

Most Valuable Player
Calvin Bartel
Moose Jaw AAA Warriors

Top Defenseman
Matt Delahey
Moose Jaw AAA Warriors

Top Scorer
Matthew Robertson
Prince Albert Mintos

Chuck Herriot
Colby Sutton
Battlefords Stars

Coach of the Year
Tim Leonard
Prince Albert Mintos

Official of the Year
Chris Crich

FELIX17
03-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Anyone know where the revenue goes from the Minto home games? 1100+ at the last game? At 5 bucks a ticket, a few dollars were made. Where is game 2 played? I hope it's not at Jemini. Anyone know?

Triton
03-21-2006, 02:33 PM
Anyone know where the revenue goes from the Minto home games? 1100+ at the last game? At 5 bucks a ticket, a few dollars were made. Where is game 2 played? I hope it's not at Jemini. Anyone know?

Since they are in the 3rd round the tickets are $7.00 for adults and $4.00 for students.Didn't see a childrens rate.The 50/50 last night was $1100+ not sure what the attendance was,cause they really can't tell cause there's no stubs to count or computer that shows ticket sales,but yeah the crowds have been decent.I believe the money goes towards the team in travelling costs,hotel costs,ect.

Game 2 is probably played at the Jenini.Schroh arena is the home for the Contacts,so yeah Jenini is probably the Blazers building.

Triton
03-21-2006, 04:53 PM
The Daily Herald stated that there were around 1800+ people there last night.If they could get 200+ more to come out that buildings loudness would help the Mintos.Ron Meyers also stated that the crowds have been an important part of their success so far in these playoffs.

If the Mintos make it past the Blazers,they'll head to the Western Regionals in Tisdale.A whole bunch of us are already planning to be there for the tournament if the Mintos are there.

In the tournament it will feature the host team(Tisdale Trojans),the winner from the Manitoba Midget AAA,winner from the Saskatchewan Midget AAA,and the winner from the Northern Ontario midget AAA league.The top 2 teams advance to the championship game and that winner goes to the Telus cup in P.E.I.

Dwight Schrute
03-21-2006, 05:52 PM
anybody know whats going on in the manitoba league ? how are the trashers (the one with aime vann gross and others) doing ? i hope the mintos and them both make it to tisdale. would be nice to see as a raider fan

Triton
03-21-2006, 05:59 PM
anybody know whats going on in the manitoba league ? how are the trashers (the one with aime vann gross and others) doing ? i hope the mintos and them both make it to tisdale. would be nice to see as a raider fan

The Winnipeg Thrashers is the team with Aime,Gross,Vann ect.They disposed the Brandon Wheatkings AAA 3 games to 0 winning 10-1,7-3 and 9-2 respectively.The other series goes tonight and is in game 5 featuring the Pembina Valley Hawks and the Winnipeg Wild.PVH won game 1 5-4,and game 2 3-2 while the Wild took games 3 and 4 5-2,and 6-4.

Triton
03-21-2006, 06:45 PM

Kevin Waugh on CTV sports said something about the game at Can Lan?Never heard of that arena.I thought it would have been at the Jemini.Is Kevin right?

Wildeyes
03-21-2006, 10:43 PM
can lan is the Jemini just a new name

Triton
03-21-2006, 11:27 PM
can lan is the Jemini just a new name

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Triton
03-22-2006, 09:42 AM
The Winnipeg Thrashers is the team with Aime,Gross,Vann ect.They disposed the Brandon Wheatkings AAA 3 games to 0 winning 10-1,7-3 and 9-2 respectively.The other series goes tonight and is in game 5 featuring the Pembina Valley Hawks and the Winnipeg Wild.PVH won game 1 5-4,and game 2 3-2 while the Wild took games 3 and 4 5-2,and 6-4.

Last night the Pembina Valley Hawks came on top of the Wild 7-5 to win the series 3-2.The Hawks now play the Thrashers.Both teams couldn't be more alike.One team finished the year with 4 losses the other with 5,one had 67 pts the other had 65.Both teams have good defence and surrender few goals,while both have explosive offences and have scored a ton of goals this year.So there won't be an all Winnipeg final.PVH's feature a few raider prospects such as Steph Vegier and company.

Dwight Schrute
03-23-2006, 05:31 PM
who won game #2 ?

Triton
03-23-2006, 05:58 PM
who won game #2 ?

Game 2 between the Mintos and Blazers goes tonight in Saskatoon.Game 3 tomorrow back here at the AHC.

The series between the Thrashers and the Valley Hawks in the Manitoba Midget AAA starts tomorrow.

Triton
03-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Mintos won game 2 tonight in Saskatoon downing the Blazers 4-2.They can wrap it all up tomorrow night.Game time 7:30 at the AHC.Lets pack that building for the sweep.

Dwight Schrute
03-23-2006, 11:27 PM
i will be there at my usual post in section 17 by the bottom
go mintos go

Triton
03-24-2006, 09:26 AM
i will be there at my usual post in section 17 by the bottom
go mintos go

I'll be at the top of 17 with my father in law.

Here's hoping we sweep the Blazers tonight. :clap:

Triton
03-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Thursday, March 23
Prince Albert Mintos 4, Saskatoon Blazers 2

MINT: Mick Pawlyshyn, Bobby Spigott, Lewis Laczko, Taylor Thiessen, Cody Hobbs, Ryan Fox, Tommy Brown, Curtis Kulchar, Michael Winkel, Adam Matlock, Matthew Robertson, Jadon Potter, Alan Logue, Brendan Turner, Ryan Gareau, Ron Meyers, Colton Graf, Steven Robinson.

BLAZ: Brett Harvey, Mathew Olson, Matty Smith, Kory Gursky, Kirk Belyk, Jordan Braid, Travis Eggum, Brenden Dowd, Joel Fischer, Brett Leedahl, Kirk Pearce, Cody Smuk, Riley Tetreault, Kyle Ashim, Sam Klassen, Cody Wutzke, Mitch Stretch, Jeremy Boyer.

First Period
1. MINT: Ron Meyers 6 (Tommy Brown, Cody Hobbs) 04:59
2. MINT: Taylor Thiessen 1 (Ryan Gareau) 08:51
Penalties: Brenden Dowd BLAZ (High Sticking) 04:15; Mick Pawlyshyn MINT (Elbowing) 05:25; Bobby Spigott MINT (Tripping) 09:09; Jadon Potter MINT (Roughing) 11:49; Cody Smuk BLAZ (Cross Checking) 13:41; Cody Smuk BLAZ (Roughing) 16:34; Taylor Thiessen MINT (Cross Checking) 19:49.

Second Period
3. MINT: Ryan Fox 4 (Ryan Gareau, Jadon Potter) 07:34
Penalties: Matty Smith BLAZ (Holding) 02:27; Brett Harvey BLAZ (Hooking) 06:07; Kirk Pearce BLAZ (Hooking) 09:42; Riley Tetreault BLAZ (Roughing) 10:20; Ryan Gareau MINT (Checking from Behind) 12:07; Ryan Gareau MINT (Game Misconduct) 12:07; Mitch Stretch BLAZ (Holding) 13:26; Bobby Spigott MINT (Interference) 15:19; Adam Matlock MINT (Roughing) 19:28.

Third Period
4. MINT: Matthew Robertson 5 03:12
5. BLAZ: Jeremy Boyer 8 (Brett Leedahl, Mitch Stretch) 10:58
6. BLAZ: Jeremy Boyer 9 (Brenden Dowd, Riley Tetreault) 15:20
Penalties: Mick Pawlyshyn MINT (Holding) 13:37; Cody Hobbs MINT (Tripping) 14:39.

Shots on goal

Mintos 34 Blazers 48

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-24-2006, 09:55 AM
I know that he plays for the Blazers and not the Mintos,and he is in the Blades system,but how did/does he look? I would like to get some info. If I could. I think he is Chad Klassen's cousin.

Thanks

Triton
03-24-2006, 10:03 AM
When the Blazers were here for game 1,not one of the Blazers stood out other than Holtby.Tonight I'll take another peak and see if he comes out,than I'll post on here what my thoughts are about him.He is #26 on the Blazers.

Dwight Schrute
03-24-2006, 09:20 PM
i didnt get to make it to the mintos game tonight (i got bronchitis and a fever of 103) can somebody give me a recap or the score at least ?
thanx danno

Sabes
03-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Mintos won 5-2. So they swept the series and move on to regionals.

Dwight Schrute
03-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Mintos won 5-2. So they swept the series and move on to regionals.
thanx sabes :thumb:

Wildeyes
03-24-2006, 11:43 PM
they will play in westerns april 6-9 in tisdale they play i think 430 on thrus 330 on fri and 8pm on sat with the finals at 5 on sunday

Triton
03-25-2006, 09:51 AM
It was a great game.Glad to see them hoist the league championship for the first time.They played well enough to win but are going to have to be better if they want to compete for the right to go to the Telus Cup.Attendance was 2500+ and 50/50 was just short of $2000 dollars.I was amazed.It got pretty loud in there at times.I think they are planning a bus to Tisdale for that tournament.I know Owen Roschuk's dad so he'll let me know whats going ton with that.

Dwight Schrute
03-25-2006, 10:50 AM
a fan bus would be cool

Triton
03-25-2006, 10:54 AM
Here's a decent link to the Regional tournament in Tisdale with opponents and times ect.

http://www.tisdaletrojans.ca/TelusCup/schedule.html

Triton
03-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Here's a link to keep you posted on whats going on elsewhere in our nation Midget hockey wise.Pretty up to date.

www.MidgetAAACanada.com

Triton
03-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Joining the Mintos and Trojans at the regionals is a team from Thunder Bay called the Thunder Bay major Midget Kings..they are good..very good.They boast a record of something of 56-12,and have won a few tournaments.Regionals are still awaiting a winner of the Thrashers and Valley Hawks from Manitoba.

Triton
03-28-2006, 12:26 PM
The series in Manitoba between the Thrashers and the Valley Hawks are all tied at 1-1 after Pembina beat the Thrashers 9-6 after The Thrashers grabbed game 1 6-2.Game 3 goes tonight at the Gateway arena in Winnipeg.Winnner of this series will play in the region tournament with the Tisdale Trojans,P.A Mintos and the Thunder Bay major Midget Kings.

Triton
03-31-2006, 09:40 AM
You can add the Winnipeg Thrashers to that list.Thats who the Mintos will face first after Winnipeg disposed of the Hawks 8-4 last night to win the best of 5 3-1.

Triton
04-06-2006, 04:57 PM
This afternoon the tournament started.

Update....

Thrashers 2 Mintos 0

Thrashers got on the board on the 3 on 2 PP.Added another at the midway point of the second.

Triton
04-06-2006, 06:14 PM
This afternoon the tournament started.

Update....

Thrashers 2 Mintos 0

Thrashers got on the board on the 3 on 2 PP.Added another at the midway point of the second.

Midway through the 3rd,the Mintos would get on the board.With a buck and a half left,take it away Drew...

"Meyers behind the net,circles,finds Robertson on the half wall.Robertson drops it for Meyers and dashes for the net,Meyers finds Robertson...HE SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-2 BABY!!!!!".

2-2 would be the final.There is no overtime.But to gain a point off of a very good team,while being down 2 and having to find their legs after the time off..I'll take the tie and hope we have the same intensity the next game.

Dwight Schrute
04-06-2006, 07:07 PM
i wonder how our prospects looked

Triton
04-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Tisdale won their opening game downing Thunder Bay 4-2.

Triton
04-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Mintos up 3-0 after 2 agaisnt the Thunder Bay Major Midget Kings.Keep it going guys! :thumb:

Triton
04-07-2006, 05:46 PM
I THOUGHT THE ONTARIO TEAM WAS THE TEAM TO BEAT

Winnipeg and Thunder Bay were the teams to beat.If we win tonight I guess we're the team to beat.

I guess the Mintos are better than I thought.

Triton
04-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Mintos up 3-0 after 2 agaisnt the Thunder Bay Major Midget Kings.Keep it going guys! :thumb:

4-0 now Cody Hobbs with a great induvidual effort and beats T.B goalie with the backhand.

Triton
04-07-2006, 05:59 PM
4-0 now Cody Hobbs with a great induvidual effort and beats T.B goalie with the backhand.

as I'm writing the last update,Robertson streaks down the wing and scores!!!!! 5-0 Mintos.

Dwight Schrute
04-07-2006, 06:44 PM
as I'm writing the last update,Robertson streaks down the wing and scores!!!!! 5-0 Mintos.
i guess we are the team to beat

Triton
04-07-2006, 09:33 PM
6-0 Final.Mintos walked all over the Kings.A win tomorrow and that assures us a spot in the final.

Triton
04-08-2006, 01:10 AM
The standings so far in the Western Regionals:

1.P.A Mintos 1-0-1 for 3 pts
2.Tisdale Trojans 1-0-1 for 3 pts
3.Winnipeg Thrashers 0-0-2 for 2 pts
4.Thunder Bay Kings 0-2-0 for 0 pts

Remember top 2 teams advance to the finals.Not sure what happens if they have a tie in pts.Maybe GF or GA?Or head to head?

chipperfan
04-08-2006, 11:08 AM
would like to listen to it on the radiio.thanx

Triton
04-08-2006, 02:36 PM
would like to listen to it on the radiio.thanx

3:30 this afternoon.Drew Wilson will be and has been calling it.Honestly he's done a good job.Win and we're in!

Wildeyes
04-09-2006, 09:03 AM
MINTOS ARE IN THE FINAL today at 2 pm lets go mintos

Triton
04-09-2006, 09:45 AM
MINTOS ARE IN THE FINAL today at 2 pm lets go mintos

Yes the big 3-2 win over the Tisdale Trojans.We now face the Thrashers today at 2pm like Wildeyes pointed out.

chipperfan
04-09-2006, 11:19 AM
lets get er done boys.would luv to see them in the finals in pei.we are rootin for ya boys.getter done!

Triton
04-09-2006, 02:38 PM
After 1 period in Tisdale it's the Mintos 1 Thrashers 0.

Mintos have tons of jump today.Keep it up boys.

Triton
04-09-2006, 03:51 PM
After 2 in Tisdale it's Mintos 3 Thrashers 1...3rd period has started.

It has been all Tokarski.

Dwight Schrute
04-09-2006, 04:35 PM
After 2 in Tisdale it's Mintos 3 Thrashers 1...3rd period has started.

It has been all Tokarski.
awesome
go mintos!

Triton
04-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Congratulations to the Prince Albert Mintos for your berth to the Telus Cup in PEI.

Mintos won today over a very good Thrashers team 5-3.They lead 5-1 and got lazy knowing it was over.The have the sbilities to be National Midget Hockey champs.I think they can do it.

So once again Congrats Mintos,you made P.A proud. :bounce: :thumb: :wave:

Dwight Schrute
04-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Congratulations to the Prince Albert Mintos for your berth to the Telus Cup in PEI.

Mintos won today over a very good Thrashers team 5-3.They lead 5-1 and got lazy knowing it was over.The have the sbilities to be National Midget Hockey champs.I think they can do it.

So once again Congrats Mintos,you made P.A proud. :bounce: :thumb: :wave:
is the telus cup televised ? if so when ?

FELIX17
04-09-2006, 07:56 PM
is the telus cup televised ? if so when ?

The Telus Cup is from April 24-30. Mintos play their first game at 4 pm (PEI time) on the 24th against the team from the pacific region. I know the final game is televised for sure. Not sure about the round robin/semi-final games.

Triton
04-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Anyone know who else has advanced to the Telus Cup?

FELIX17
04-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Anyone know who else has advanced to the Telus Cup?

Pacific - Calgary Buffaloes
West - PA Mintos
Central - Toronto Jr. Canadiens
Atlantic - St. John's Maple Leafs
Host Team - Charlottetown Islanders
Quebec - Winner of Patriotes de Chateauguay/Commandeurs de Levis

Triton
04-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Heard on the CTV news at noon today that they are hosting a pep rally for the Mintos Thursday night at 7:00 in from of Sobeys.I think he said thursday.I'll be there,anyone else attending?

Zookeeper
04-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Ya you are right, this Thursday. The Mintos are running a BBQ (4-7) along with a pep rally to raise money for their trip. Come out and Support them.

Triton
04-18-2006, 01:17 PM
Where did you hear about it?Cause if it's from 4-7 Don Mitchell is giving everyone the wrong info.He said it was at 7,not 4-7.Are you going zookeeper?Danno?Wildeyes?

Wildeyes
04-18-2006, 03:53 PM
probably i will

Dwight Schrute
04-18-2006, 08:37 PM
i will be working but if it is at 7 maybe

Triton
04-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Mintos vs Calgary....

5 minutes in Ron Meyers gets tossed from a hit from behind..he's done for the game..but Mintos get back to back PP's and score on both 2-0 Mintos.Calgary on their heels,and getting frusterated taking bad penalties.So it's 2-0 Mintos after 1 period.

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Well after 2 and after the idiot ref gave the Buffalos 6 straight PP's,the Buffalos were able to tie the game up.Just before the Period was coming to a close with about a minute and a half,Mickey Pawlyshyn crashes the net and scores.Not too bad being down 12 minutes out of a possible 20.We do have a PP to start the 3rd.A goal there would be huge.Hopefully the ref will even the penalties up.Tokarski is saving our a$$.Our PK is doing a great job.Keep up the good work and shut them down in the 3rd..

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-24-2006, 03:18 PM
WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO Mintos rolled all over the Buffalos 7-2.We can play with anyone when were even.Matthew Robertson with the Hattrick and ended up with 5 pts.Tokarski made 39 saves for the win.Player of the game for the Mintos was Robertson,while player of the game for the Calgary Buffalos was forward Mike Connolly who notched both Buffalo goals.Jacob DeSerres,a Seattle prospect made 30 saves in the loss.

Calgary was 1 for 9 while Prince Albert was 3 for 7 with the man advantage.

Scoring summary

1. PA Turner, (1) (Brown, Hobbs), 14:27 (PP)
1. PA Robertson, (1) (Gareau, Spigott), 17:23 (PP)
2. CGY Connolly, (1) (Paulsen, Mohn), 3:48
2. CGY Connolly, (1) (Eberle, Pedrotti), 14:24 (PP)
2. PA Pawlyshyn, (1) (Robertson, Spigott), 19:03
3. PA Brown, (1) (Robertson, Potter), 0:36
3. PA Robertson, (2) (Brown, Winkel), 17:24
3. PA Robertson, (3) (Thiessen, Spigott), 18:58 (PP)
3. PA Fox, (1) (Winkel, Gareau), 19:49

....and we won WITHOUT captain Ron Meyers,imagine when we'll have him in the line-up tomorrow for the whole game?Tomorrow's game at 9:00am our time on 900 CKBI with Drew Wilson.

Kepp it up Mintos :thumb:

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Well,The Mintos ate up another team.This time the victim was the team from Quebec Chatoguay de Patriotes.Final score 5-0.Felske got the call this morning and didn't disappoint with his 40 save effort.Quebec was the favourite in this tourny,and Drew pointed out during the broadcast that the Cup organizer said to him that alot of people feel P.A is the team to beat.No flow to this game as there were so so many penalties.

P.A was 3 for 19 while team Quebec was 0 for 10.

Player of the game for the Mintos was Karsten Felske and player of the game for the Patriotes was goaltender Guillaume Tartre who didn't last the entire game but faced too many quality shots and just ran out of gas.He made 30 saves while giving up 4 goals than being replaced by Marc-Andre Payment.

Scoring summary

1. P.A Laczko, (1) (Potter), 5:06
1. P.A Robertson, (4) (Fox, Turner), 14:34
3. P.A Robinson, (1) (Brown, Hobbs), 6:20 (PP)
3. P.A Robertson, (5) (Hobbs, Meyers), 7:04
3. P.A Brown, (3) (Potter, Gareau), 17:48 (PP)

Keep rolling Mintos.Keep going against the St.Johns Maple Leafs.

GO! MINTOS GO!

Dwight Schrute
04-25-2006, 09:51 PM
isnt robertson on the raiders list ? doesnt he now have 5 g 2 a in 2 games ?
he is sounding pretty good
anybody know why felske started instead of tokarski ?

Wildeyes
04-25-2006, 11:17 PM
with a tourny like this you need both goalies to play just in case i thaugt it was a gutty move. They were playing the top ranked team in the tourny.

Robertson might go to the BCHL next yr instead of the Raiders i would really like to see him play with the raiders next yr.

Triton
04-26-2006, 08:47 AM
yhey dropped the cowboy right

Cowboy was never listed by the Raiders.The Mustangs of the SJHL were the only team to hold his rights.

Triton
04-26-2006, 08:49 AM
They were playing the top ranked team in the tourny.

The team we are playing today has only lost 2 games all year,and one of the games being the tourny opener against the team we murdered yesterday.

FELIX17
04-26-2006, 09:21 AM
I realize 900 CKBI is airing the games, but here's a link for up-to-date box scores on the games the same as the whl uses if anyone is interested.

www.hockeycanada.ca/1/8/5/8/8/index1.shtml

GO MINTOS!!!!!

Triton
04-26-2006, 12:31 PM
i have the list fom 5 months ago and ron meyers was on it

http://www.pamintos.com/2005-2006/bio/meyers.htm

Triton
04-26-2006, 12:33 PM
i have the list fom 5 months ago and ron meyers was on it

I believe you.I know he isn't listed anymore.He's going to Melfort next season.He's already played a few games in the playoffs and regular season the past 2 seasons.

Triton
04-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Mintos got on the board shorthanded,1-0 Mintos.Leafs would tie it on that PP,1-1.Leafs would go back on the PP and score 2-1 leafs and the first time this tourny that the Mintos have trailed.The Mintos were thinking they were going to the lockerroom down 2-1 but Curtis Kulchar rifled a shot top corner with 1.4 seconds left in the first..huge goal.So after 1 period the Leafs and Mintos are tied at 2.

Dwight Schrute
04-26-2006, 03:14 PM
from what i just got told meyers informed the raiders he wasent intersted in the dub he wanted to play in melfort because his family works with the team
too bad from the one game i saw i liked that meyers kid
all heart that one

Dwight Schrute
04-26-2006, 03:15 PM
its 6-3 mintos 3:49 left in the 3rd

Triton
04-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Mintos got on the board shorthanded,1-0 Mintos.Leafs would tie it on that PP,1-1.Leafs would go back on the PP and score 2-1 leafs and the first time this tourny that the Mintos have trailed.The Mintos were thinking they were going to the lockerroom down 2-1 but Curtis Kulchar rifled a shot top corner with 1.4 seconds left in the first..huge goal.So after 1 period the Leafs and Mintos are tied at 2.

After 2 it was St.John's 3 Mintos 2,but with the game almost done with maybe 4 minutes left,It's the Mintos 6 Leafs 3.All 3 leafs goals scored on the PP.

Dwight Schrute
04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
can anyone confirm if matt robertson is on the raiders protected player list ?

Triton
04-26-2006, 03:21 PM
can anyone confirm if matt robertson is on the raiders protected player list ?

Yes he is.

Dwight Schrute
04-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Yes he is.
thanks canadian eh

Triton
04-26-2006, 03:29 PM
OH BABYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

What a 3rd period boys.Score should actually be 7-3 because the puck was behind the Leafs goalie but the ref was too slow and didn't see it behind him.. :spineyes: .

So we run our record to 3-0 in the tourny,with our next game against the Charlottetown Islanders who are winless at this point.Ryan Fox netting the winning goal on his birthday nonetheless.That was St.John's 3rd loss all year.Plyer of the game for the Mintos was Ron Meyers while player of the game for the Leafs was sniper Jon Reid who had a goal and 2 assists in the loss.

Leafs were 3 for 6 while the Mintos were 0-11 on the PP.PP needs some work.

Ok it's official...WE RULE! :clap: :thumb:

Scoring Summary

1. P.A Potter, (1) (Robertson, Brown), 16:37 (SH)
1. S.J Locke, (2) (Molloy, Reid), 17:10 (PP)
1. S.J Reid, (5) (Pender, Paiement), 19:11 (PP)
1. P.A Kulchar, (1) (Turner, Winkel), 19:53
2. S.J Caul, (1) (Reid, Locke), 18:39 (PP)
3. P.A Matlock, (1) (Meyers, Brown), 0:35
3. P.A Fox, (2) (Kulchar, Turner), 8:49
3. P.A Meyers, (1) (Kulchar, Laczko), 10:21
3. P.A Laczko, (2) (Potter, Roschuk), 15:08

Keep it up boys.You've made P.A very proud.Don't stop.Now go eat up the Islanders tomorrow.

GO! MINTOS GO! :thumb:

Triton
04-27-2006, 04:21 PM
If you want to extend best Wishes and what not to the Mintos,click on the link and on the right side of the page you can express your congrats and best wishes to the Mintos in their mission on a National Championship..

http://www.paherald.sk.ca/

Triton
04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
MINTOS SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-0

Colton Graf with the wired shot.Now every Minto player has at least a point(except the goaltenders).

Graf from Spigott and Lazsko.

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Gareau!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!

2-0 Mintos.Gareau rifles it top shelf after Potter won the faceoff.

Gareau from Potter.

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-27-2006, 05:09 PM
After 1 period of play in P.E.I,Mintos lead 3-1.Goals from Graf,Gareau,and Turner.Islanders lone goal in the period came off the stick from McKinnon,as he scored a weak goal on Felske,who gets the start today.Islanders changed goaltenders after Turner scored a bad goal from a bad angle on MacRae.Dalziel now in goal.

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-27-2006, 07:19 PM
This was one of those games where you knew you were going to win but weren't in a dire need of a victory.Mintos do walk away with a 4-1 win and totally dominated every facet of this game.The refs even let them play,and put away the whistle.Felske got the start and made some huge saves when called upon,making 17 saves on 18 shots for his 2nd victory of the tourny.Felske was also named player of the game for the Mintos,while captain and forward Greg Paynter was named player of the game for the Islanders.

Mintos now support a 4-0 tournament record and a first place showdown goes tomorrow against the Toronto Jr.Canadiens.Unfortunately for the hosts,they have been eliminated as their record drops to 0-4.

Mintos were 0-2 on the PP while the Islanders were 0-6.

Scoring Summary

1. P.A Graf, (1) (Spigott, Laczko), 6:27
1. P.A Gareau, (1) (Potter), 10:24
1. CHA McKinnon, (1) , 16:09
1. P.A Turner, (2) (Fox, Winkel), 18:26
3. P.A Brown, (3) (Potter, Gareau), 8:59

Go get em tomorrow and the rest of the tourny....

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-28-2006, 10:43 AM
After 1 period in P.E.I,the Mintos lead the game 1-0 on a wrap around goal by Ron Meyers,who was set up by Steven Robinson.Should have been 2-0 cause the Mintos did score 35 seconds in the game but the province of P.E.I houses the countires most incompetant refs EVER!Please keep up with the play or get lost.They are gonna cost somebody something this weekend with their lack of anything remotely related to calling a decent game.Oh well.

Keep it going boys.You've made Prince Albert and Saskatchewan proud.

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-28-2006, 11:28 AM
After 2 Mintos lead 3-0.Mintos carried the play the entire period,and basically have had the man advantage the whole period.

Mintos first goal scored by Meyers from Robinson in the first,1-0 after 1.Mintos would get their second goal on the PP when Matlock would bulge the twine.Assists coming from Meyers and Robertson.Mintos would add to their lead again on the PP as Meyers would net his 2nd of the game,assists coming from Robertson and Tommy Brown.Mintos lead in shots after 2 27-14,and have gone 2-7 on the PP while the Canadiens have been stimied in their 4 opportunities.

Tokarski in goal today,and hopefully for the rest of the tourny.He's a tender who could steal a game if necessary.

Triton
04-28-2006, 12:47 PM
So how many are surprised we won again?

We ate up the Canadiens today 4-0 and support our 5-0 record,good for top spot.We now await who we will play.If Chateauguay wins against the winless Islanders than we play Chateauguay.If they lose we play St.John's Maple Leafs.They both would be tied for points and record but Chateauguay would get the tie breaker based on head to head,in which the Patriotes won the tourny opening game against the leafs 6-4.I would rather we play the team from Quebec.The Calgary Buffalos won their game today and secured a spot in tomorrow's semi with a win over St.John's 6-1.Calgary will play Toronto for a spot in Sunday's final on TSN.

Scoring Summary

1. P.A Meyers, (2) (Robinson), 16:26
2. P.A Matlock, (2) (Meyers, Robertson), 3:25 (PP)
2. P.A Meyers, (3) (Robertson, Brown), 12:17 (PP)
3. P.A Meyers, (4) (Matlock, Thiessen), 7:29 (PP)

Mintos were 3 -12 while Toronto was 0 for.

Player of the game for the Mintos was Meyers who had a hattrick and a assist.Player of the game for Toronto was goaltender Alan Reynolds who made 33 saves and held his team close or it would have been 10-0.

The Mintos as a team scored 26 goals in 5 games while only surrendering 6.Our PP in the tourny sits 4th out of the 6 team pool,while our PK is tops with a 0.895 killing %.In the top 15 in tournament scoring,we have 5 players.Robertson sits 3rd with 10 pts,followed by defenceman Tommy Brown with 9 pts,Meyers sits 6th with 7pts and he even sat out the first game after being ejected early on.Jadon Potter sits 10th with 7pts as well,and Brennan Turner sits 15th with his 5 pts.Mike Connolly for the Buffalos leads the tourny with 12 pts,followed by Jon Reid of the Leafs.

As far as goaltending stats go West rules,not just in the WHL but even in midget hockey.Felske sits atop the leaders with a 0.50 GAA with 1 shutout and Tokarski is second with a 1.67 GAA also with 1 shutout.Tokarski did play 1 more game than Karsten.Only 2 shutouts so far in the tourny are courtesy of our netminders.

This team is so focused,I feel sorry for the other teams in the tourny.I don't think anyone else has a chance.Whoever we play tomorrow will be eaten,and we will see our Mintos in the final on TSN sunday.I'll find out the time that TSN aires the final game.

Keep going.Don't take your foot off the pedal.Go for the jugular.

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-28-2006, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=canadian eh]Whoever we play tomorrow will be eaten,and we will see our Mintos in the final on TSN sunday.I'll find out the time that TSN aires the final game.[QUOTE]

The game aires Sunday morning at 9:00am on TSN.I know I'll be tuned in.

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Well Chateauguay just beat the host Islanders 3-0.With that win it vaults Quebec into a semi final match against our Prince Albert Mintos tomorrow morning at 11:00am our time with the winner heading to the final on Sunday.Calgary will face the Toronto Leafs in the other semi.

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Some of these I don't agree on..

TELUS Most Valuable Player- Mike Connolly – Calgary Buffaloes (Pacific)
Most Sportsmanlike-Jordan Eberle – Calgary Buffaloes (Pacific)
Top Goaltender-Alan Reynolds – Toronto Junior Canadiens (Central)
Top Defenceman-Chris Markiewicz - Calgary Buffaloes (Pacific)
Top Forward-Matthew Robertson – Prince Albert Mintos (West)
Top Scorer-Mike Connolly – Calgary Buffaloes (Pacific)
Esso Scholarship-Mark Lyons – Calgary Buffaloes (Pacific)

Defenceman should have went to Tommy Brown.Scholarship should have went to Meyers,Goaltender should have went to Tokarski.Oh well.

westbeach55
04-29-2006, 12:00 AM
are those the crooked awards I have to agree with canadian eh on his picks

Triton
04-29-2006, 12:10 AM
are those the crooked awards I have to agree with canadian eh on his picks

As long as we win the main trophy at the end,I'll be happy.

Triton
04-29-2006, 11:43 AM
After 1 period Mintos lead 2-0.Robertson scored 15 seconds into the game..great start.Turner would go in on a partial break and score making it 2-0 within the first 3:10 of the first.Mintos down the stretch in the first have took some penalties so our PK has been doing the workload so far.I'm happy with that start.Keep it up boys.Tokarski got the start and has stopped all 7 shots fired his way after 1 period.

Go for the jugular.

GO! MINTOS GO!

Triton
04-29-2006, 12:30 PM
After 2 periods,it's a laugher..5-0 Mintos with 3 PP goals on 3 opportunities.Matthew Robertson has 4 goals this game and all 3 in the 2nd period.Tokarski has stopped all 16 shots he's faced.

It's not even fair for the rest of the teams..but thats good in our favour.

After 2 I can and will say,"it's over".Quebec why even show up.You have been eaten..alive!

GO! MINTOS GO!

Go for the jugular...

westbeach55
04-29-2006, 01:08 PM
8-0 Mintos see you tommrow at 9am tsn Go Minto's Go

raider guy
04-29-2006, 01:15 PM
in the newspaper today they said its delayed until 10 am for the tv but the game starts at 9am

westbeach55
04-29-2006, 01:19 PM
on my bell dish it has it at 9am but 9 or 10 i will be watching

go mintos go
go oilers go

Triton
04-29-2006, 01:28 PM
WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! as Westbeach55 pointed out a 8-0 beating.Almost as bad as a beating in compton.I haven't witnessed a beating like that since the Raiders decapitated the Blades last post season.

In the words of Drew Wilson.."holy,mama mia".Not even funny,although I did laugh when the Patriotes figured that once the Mintos were up 5-0 that they would just sit.NOPE! The WHL needs to take a look at what a team is like when you play 60 minutes.

HOLY CRAP ON TOAST!

Matthew Robertson scored 5 goals today and Meyers had 5 assists.P.A went 5 for 6 on the PP while Quebec sucked.Dustin Tokarski stopped all 29 shots for his 2nd shutout of the tourny.Would the people who choose the award winners please re-award the real winners?

Scoring Summary

1. P.A Robertson, (6) (Meyers), 0:15
1. P.A Turner, (3) , 3:10 (SH)
2. P.A Robertson, (7) (Meyers, Potter), 1:30
2. P.A Robertson, (8) (Meyers), 6:17 (PP)
2. P.A Robertson, (9) (Matlock, Meyers), 10:01 (PP)
2. P.A Robertson, (10) (Matlock, Meyers), 11:33 (PP)
3. P.A Thiessen, (1) (Brown, Kulchar), 7:57 (PP)
3. P.A Turner, (4) (Fox, Winkel), 12:38 (PP)

Player of the game for the Mintos was,can you guess?There was a player of the game for Quebec but who cares really?

I keep saying,go for the jugular.Now do it in the finals as well in the finals.

Anyone watching the game tomorrow?Who's going to the welcome home Mintos party?I know they are having one,just a matter of where and when it's held.I know I'll be there.

GO! MINTOS GO!

We're sooooo proud of you guys.Bring home that cup.

Triton
04-29-2006, 01:30 PM
on my bell dish it has it at 9am but 9 or 10 i will be watching

go mintos go
go oilers go

I have max and I scrolled along to see what time the game appeared on TSN and it states 9:00am to avoid confusion.Not trying to correct you or anything,just don't wanna miss this.I think I'm gonna tape it.

Set your VCR's folks.

westbeach55
04-29-2006, 02:02 PM
check this video I laughed so hard the raiders should get one

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6053863688509045791&q=calgary

Triton
04-29-2006, 02:08 PM
check this video I laughed so hard the raiders should get one

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6053863688509045791&q=calgary

Do you mean the Mintos should have one?Or the Raiders?

westbeach55
04-29-2006, 02:09 PM
haha both teams

Triton
04-29-2006, 02:11 PM
haha both teams

Yeah I can just see Hellyer and company belting out notes,that sound like puberty voices.Would be hilarious.

Yeah the Mintos should do one with their green hair.

Triton
04-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Maybe Mintos head coach Tim Leonard should coach or be the assistant for the Raiders.

Wow has that guy done wonders for the Mintos squad.Anyone know history on Leonards coaching history?Where did he come from?

raider guy
04-29-2006, 03:06 PM
actually my tv says its 9am to i think the daily herald is screwed up

raider guy
04-29-2006, 03:08 PM
im pretty sure leonard was assistnt coach to bonneau before he took over the head coaching job from him when he was fired ,bonneau was terrible

Dwight Schrute
04-29-2006, 03:27 PM
i'll be taping the game since i work in the morning

Triton
04-29-2006, 10:09 PM
We play the Calgary Buffalos tomorrow.

Dwight Schrute
04-30-2006, 12:43 PM
holy triple overtime
wow too bad the minto's couldnt hold on to their lead a little longer

FELIX17
04-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Congratulations Mintos!!! :clap: You made Prince albert and the province proud! It's only fitting that Meyers scores the OT winner in triple overtime no less! Way to go guys! Maybe some of this will rub off on the Raider's down the road, we can only hope. :thumb:

WHEATMAN
04-30-2006, 01:14 PM
nice to see the Minto's win. I remember in 2004 when the AAA Wheaties won in double overtime, they sure made Brandon proud it was a big deal then, so I can only imagine how proud PA is now, congratulations Mintos :thumb:

raider guy
04-30-2006, 01:15 PM
congratulations mintos, you guys deserve it is there gonna be som kind of welcoming them back home thing for the public?

Zookeeper
04-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Congrats Mintos, I am sure there will be a welcome back party when they arrive.

Dwight Schrute
04-30-2006, 04:29 PM
sure like the way this team is coached.
i second that
the raiders should do what they can to bring this guy on board
way to go minto's

Triton
04-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Very proud of the Mintos.I'm glad it ended the right way.I was on the edge of my seat at home the entire game.Pretty intense game.Tokarski's mom had to leave the building due to nerves.Congrats Mintos.

See you at the party.

Dwight Schrute
04-30-2006, 10:15 PM
See you at the party.
when is it ?

skinnyhead
04-30-2006, 10:31 PM
way to go P.A. way to make Saskatchewan proud.

chipperfan
05-01-2006, 11:29 AM
ronny meyers said in the herald that when they arrived in pei every body was commenting how small they were and they didnt have a chance to win.boy did they prove them wrong.proud to have watched you guys in the ahc and even prouder to see you bring the cup home.MINTOS 2006 TELUS CUP CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!

Triton
05-01-2006, 01:50 PM
There's a gathering tonight at the AHC for the boys when they arrive home.I think they arrive around 10-10:30ish.Thats what 900 CKBI has been saying.I know I'll be out there awaiting their arrival home.

Thank you Mintos.

westbeach55
05-01-2006, 02:16 PM
how many ppl you think will be there, should try and spread the word around and make it huge

Wildeyes
05-01-2006, 04:08 PM
i should be there i will be wearin my Sask winter games flece

Triton
05-01-2006, 10:55 PM
how many ppl you think will be there, should try and spread the word around and make it huge

I seen you there.You walked right into my camera shot..LOL :laugh:

raider guy
05-01-2006, 11:11 PM
did alot of people show up?

westbeach55
05-02-2006, 12:30 AM
haha im an idiot was too worried about finding the flames score out and not even watching you will have to send the pic

Wildeyes
05-02-2006, 06:50 AM
it was pretty cool last night i got to hold the telus cup last night wow what a cup the trouphy is worth bout $20,000. it was kewl :clap:

Triton
05-02-2006, 12:37 PM
I swore once upon a time the trophy was bigger.How come the Contacts last year had a different trophy altogether?That trophy was very dinky like.I have a peewee provincial trophy bigger than that.

And Westbeach55...just before I was going to snap the picture of Ron Meyers standing with a ton of kids and the trophy,you walked across,but than realized and darted out of the way.So you didn't end up in my shot.You were wearing a red fleece hey? I chuckled to myself anyways..all in good fun.

City of P.A is so damn cheap.Wouldn't even open up the AHC for the public to go inside and welcome them home.Nope we all had to stand out in the pouring rain.What a joke P.A and their priorities have become.Anyone know if thats the only thing going to be held for the Mintos?

Wildeyes
05-02-2006, 04:02 PM
they retierd that throphy last yr it was just to big and the AHC was open to use the washroom and **** like that

Triton
05-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Raider Prospects Lead PA Mintos to Telus Cup

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan - The Prince Albert Raiders would like to congratulate the Prince Albert Mintos on winning the 2006 Telus Cup Championship yesterday in Charlottetown, PEI, emblematic of supremacy in Midget AAA Hockey in Canada.

Raider list player Ron Meyers scored the game winning goal at 12:36 of the third overtime period to lift the Mintos over the Calgary Buffalos 5-4 yesterday in PEI.Meyers finished third in the Telus Cup tournament scoring with 6 goals and 9 assists in 7 games. Meyers was named Player of the Game twice at the tournament.

Raider list player Matthew Robertson scored twice in yesterdays championship game and was named the Player of the Game for the third time in PEI. Robertson, who was named the top forward in the Telus Cup, led the tournament in scoring with 12 goals and 6 assists.

The other Raider prospect in the tournament, goaltender Karsten Felske, had the top Goals Against Average (0.50) in the tournament, and was named Player of the Game in both of his starts at the event. Felske was a Bantam Draft of the Raiders, selected in the 2003 Draft.

Dwight Schrute
05-02-2006, 06:40 PM
im hoping meyers and robertson can both make the team next year
hopefully meyers will agree to come